BANGKOK
webfact

New Zealand expat arrested for alleged drug dealing and working on retirement visa

16 hours ago, Trujillo said:

What on earth is the point of having the cops stand around for some dillweed group photo? 

You must show better respect for Thai traditions. If you don't like it go back where you came from :cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

• Haha 2

Do you need a work permit for drug-dealing or any other illegal activity? I don't remember it being listed as one of the types of work that a non-Thai can do.

16 hours ago, balo said:

Maybe he was framed? 

Well, Roger Rabbit was.......... - why not him?

13 minutes ago, brianj1964 said:

Ahh well his girlfriend has just inherited a nicely refurbished bar and is now sole proprietor 

quiet possible...he builds the bar with drugsmoney ...the lady ex hooker see her chance ..tells her gik at the police station to get rid of the guy and off he go...see u in 30 years mate

• Like 1

Brings up a whole host of issues but aside from the visa issues: the drugs don't seem to have been found on his person, so how could they assume they were his drugs. Seeing as a restaurant is a public space, it is quite an assumption to say they are his.

It certainly used to be the case that if you were in charge of a "public space" such as this, you would put up a notice notifying customers that the possession and use of drugs on the premises were illegal. Such a notice would release the proprietor from responsibility.

16 hours ago, Peterw42 said:

I can see drug possession but how is that drug dealing ? 

The article stated he had 64 ecstasy pills, almost 10 grams of cocaine and a quantity of ketamine.  This would be consider beyond an amount of narcotics for personal consumption, so this would be reason to charge him with intent to sell.

Selling or even doing illegal drugs in New Zealand, would be stupid but to do this in Thailand, takes stupid to a whole new level.

Thai Immigration has been using the label "bad foreigner" for some time as they have been trying to purge Thailand of expats.  The only thing this anti-foreigner campaign has done is either reject or convince many law abiding foreigners to move to a less restrictive country.  It looks like they finally found a bad foreigner. 😞 

There are different ways to take own life, especially when the mind not functioning logically. 

I was just wondering where people get coke from.

Either straight from South America, or from Holland?

Or is it possible to order some from China? 

The guy is double fragged now and got caught by his own stupidity. 

Maybe one of his clients wasn't satisfied with the quality? 

5 minutes ago, CMNightRider said:

The article stated he had 64 ecstasy pills, almost 10 grams of cocaine and a quantity of ketamine.  This would be consider beyond an amount of narcotics for personal consumption, so this would be reason to charge him with intent to sell.

Selling or even doing illegal drugs in New Zealand, would be stupid but to do this in Thailand, takes stupid to a whole new level.

Thai Immigration has been using the label "bad foreigner" for some time as they have been trying to purge Thailand of expats.  The only thing this anti-foreigner campaign has done is either reject or convince many law abiding foreigners to move to a less restrictive country.  It looks like they finally found a bad foreigner. 😞 

I knew people in Europe who'd snort 10 grams of cocaine in one night. 

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, geoffbezoz said:

So his real job was drug dealing ? naughty man, should have known its an occupation reserved for Thais. No one who is a drug dealer works in a restaurant I would not have thought, something seems strange here or perhaps something lost in translation.

cooking meth

Just now, Isaanbiker said:

I knew people in Europe who'd snort 10 grams of cocaine in one night. 

If they were snorting 10 grams of coke in one night, it had been cut far to many times and wasn't worth what ever they paid for it. 😞

35 minutes ago, brianj1964 said:

Ahh well his girlfriend has just inherited a nicely refurbished bar and is now sole proprietor 

she's probably the rat

1 minute ago, inThailand said:

she's probably the rat

If true, I believe police helper would be a better way to describe her 🙂