BANGKOK
webfact

New Zealand expat arrested for alleged drug dealing and working on retirement visa

Look up spades bar in cm that was his bar,now he will have the Bangkok Hilton  as a new place to trade at.silly boy his own fault

I think he pissed somebody off 

no other reason 

like I've heard a Thai person say they can go too immigration say what they like against a foreigner and boom off they go to arrest them.

like they said I'm Thai they will listen to me not the foreigner 

Wow. Competitors really wanted this guy gone. Framing him with drugs is a great way to win the competitive race.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Peterw42 said:

I can see drug possession but how is that drug dealing ? 

Think it came with after dinner coffee....😋

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Isaanbiker said:

I knew people in Europe who'd snort 10 grams of cocaine in one night. 

And it goes further if cut with ketamine!

Posted (edited)

I would say, in 97% of the cases, you do not get raided by pure chance.
However, when selling drugs in CM like this, I doubt one can keep that quiet, obviously you will be caught soon.

With all the people being broke and jealous, even higher chances for something like this to happen (more often).
Confused about the WP charge tho, as far I can tell, he is sitting at one of his own tables eating / drinking but it seems they charge you with it regardless to being actually proven, once a raid is decided to take place.

Edited by tabarin

On 8/14/2019 at 8:44 PM, Peterw42 said:

I can see drug possession but how is that drug dealing ? 

Whaaaaat ?? I suppose he is going to knock back ??

Quote: Officers who searched the premises then found a haul of drugs, which included 64 ecstasy pills, almost 10 grams of cocaine and a quantity of ketamine.

On 8/14/2019 at 3:56 AM, metempsychotic said:

Methinks it's you that is lost, a restraunt is an ideal way to explain to neighbors why folks are always coming and going. 

Had he been properly documented, he likely would have been ok, though the whole thing screams of a setup, the cops likely knew what he was up to and used thst as an excuse for the search. 

Restaurants are a good business for laundering money as so many transactions are cash.  In Rhode Island one of the mob connections owned an italian restaurant right next door to my dads lounge and deli in the 70s.  We used to chuckle at the amount of foodstuffs delivered there when we could see they did very little business.  Can only imagine what was going on.  The movies like good fellas and stuff were not around then so people didn't really catch on to these things

Okay so I get that selling illegal drugs on a retirement visa is not permitted in Thailand so of course like many I'd like to know what the appropriate visa would be?  Obviously not a non-O but is there a special "Narc-O" visa that is now on offer?  Do you have to provide samples to immigration and does it only cover say class 1 narcotics or can it be expanded to also cover other illegal things?

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

the place looks fancy with over the top reviews. thats just a big no no here for a newbie unless you have connections. the restaurant space is extremely competitive. doubt the morons around here play fair. i smell a fish.

interestjng comment from the owner on a review:

sponse from the owner3 months ago

Thanks for your comments Matthew. Strange location means away from the other bar areas perhaps. We think its a virtue 🙂 All craft beer is expensive in Thailand, but sorry you thought our food was bland. What did you have? Many places do add VAT and we state this clearly on the cover of our menu. Death and taxes huh?

Edited by fhickson

57 minutes ago, fhickson said:

the place looks fancy with over the top reviews. thats just a big no no here for a newbie unless you have connections. the restaurant space is extremely competitive. doubt the morons around here play fair. i smell a fish.

interestjng comment from the owner on a review:

sponse from the owner3 months ago

Thanks for your comments Matthew. Strange location means away from the other bar areas perhaps. We think its a virtue 🙂 All craft beer is expensive in Thailand, but sorry you thought our food was bland. What did you have? Many places do add VAT and we state this clearly on the cover of our menu. Death and taxes huh?

whats interesting about the comment?

On 8/14/2019 at 6:22 PM, Yinn said:

Michael Garnet Eden Holt from Spades Bistro and Bar Chiangmai Mai.

maybe some member know him. Or the bar?

5FA95CCC-6B2C-4E4B-A665-83F0C00A0EE8.jpeg

04E2210C-104E-4F6C-B806-474AE9EFEEF5.jpeg

"Never get high by your own supply."👨‍🎓

Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, harriott456 said:

whats interesting about the comment?

whats interesting about the comment is that this is a classic case of a bloke coming into some money, growing a huge ego and failing to keep his mouth shut and then getting spanked when he spouts off or starts <deleted> with customers or the wrong people. death and taxes, huh?

a great example of what you should not do in a foreign country off your home turf.

Edited by fhickson
  • Like 1