Best Automatic Motorcycle - Bangkok

Kim93

5 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

The other thing to factor in when buying a bike is ego, I'm convinced in most cases a standard size bike will do the job easily such as Honda Click 125i but i appreciate ego is a factor and people like bigger bikes which are often just not required. I've had a 500, 600 and 800 in the UK and easily prefer my 125i

I do hope that you are not suggesting that a recommendation for a 150 cc motorcycle over a comparable 125cc motorcycle is based (even in part) on ego. That would be utter nonsense. What "ego boost" would be had with a 25cc larger motorbike? On the range of motorcycles, they (the 2 versions of the Click) are both on the floor -- neither provides any ego boost whatsoever. It is in that group of pedestrian motorbikes that every Thai school kid has, so long as they (or their parents) are willing to make payments for 3+ years. I wouldn't consider a Click for myself, either the 125 or 150, because it has absolutely no appeal -- call it "ego", but it applies to the Click, not only to the 125 cc version. Of the 2, the 150cc is by far the better choice for the very little difference in money and fuel economy. The factor that I think is really involved is "buyer's regret". When one buys a product and then realizes that there is another, better one for the same price or just a little more, they do not want to admit their mistake because it makes them feel stupid, and they certainly resist any attempt to highlight their error. The real issue is a safe motorbike that is good for a short commute and value for money. My first recommendation was a PCX (150CC) or a N Max (155cc); if budge was an issue, the Click 150cc or the Aerox were second -- that's it. The Click 125 doesn't meet the base criteria -- "ego" has nothing to do with it.  

I do hope that you are not suggesting that a recommendation for a 150 cc motorcycle over a comparable 125cc motorcycle is based (even in part) on ego. That would be utter nonsense. What "ego boost" would be had with a 25cc larger motorbike? On the range of motorcycles, they (the 2 versions of the Click) are both on the floor -- neither provides any ego boost whatsoever. It is in that group of pedestrian motorbikes that every Thai school kid has, so long as they (or their parents) are willing to make payments for 3+ years. I wouldn't consider a Click for myself, either the 125 or 150, because it has absolutely no appeal -- call it "ego", but it applies to the Click, not only to the 125 cc version. Of the 2, the 150cc is by far the better choice for the very little difference in money and fuel economy. The factor that I think is really involved is "buyer's regret". When one buys a product and then realizes that there is another, better one for the same price or just a little more, they do not want to admit their mistake because it makes them feel stupid, and they certainly resist any attempt to highlight their error. The real issue is a safe motorbike that is good for a short commute and value for money. My first recommendation was a PCX (150CC) or a N Max (155cc); if budge was an issue, the Click 150cc or the Aerox were second -- that's it. The Click 125 doesn't meet the base criteria -- "ego" has nothing to do with it.  
You have no experience of the 125i Click, you only had experience of the Scoopy and based your advice on that, you also didn't know that the 150 has no kick start or ignition key, so to be honest your opinion has little value. Like i said before the better colour range is a good reason to get the 150 Click. Power isn't a good reason unless someone is particularly heavy or lets say fat

For regular rides for more than 30 minutes at a time (in BKK traffic you probably need at least 30 minutes for 20km), i would suggest something like a PCX or NMAX. It's just more comfortable to ride than the smaller bikes like a Click or a Wave, because you are able to have your legs in a stretched position.

A Forza or XMAX is of course even more comfortable, but imho too big for Bangkok traffic, so i would not consider it.

We have a 110 cc Yamaha Filano since 3.5 years for short rides to the local market or driving to the city when there are events and no parking places. Absolutely enough. Makes 90 km/h, you can start quick at the traffic light, maintenance is cheap and we never had a problem.  

58 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

You have no experience of the 125i Click, you only had experience of the Scoopy and based your advice on that, you also didn't know that the 150 has no kick start or ignition key, so to be honest your opinion has little value. Like i said before the better colour range is a good reason to get the 150 Click. Power isn't a good reason unless someone is particularly heavy or lets say fat

My comment was generic-- avoid any motorbike less than 150cc -- it was not Click specific, although it certainly applies to the Click. I have pretty significant experience with 125 cc motorbikes. I bought the 125 PCX when it first came out in about 2009/2010. I drove it (and liked it) until the 150 cc PCX was introduced in about 2011/2012, which I bought almost immediately. There was no comparison between the 2 bikes -- the 150 cc PCX had far better acceleration, and was a great ride (the 125 PCX was certainly "adequate" for around town).  I drove the 125 PCX almost daily for 2 years, mostly around town, but occasionally 50 km out and back.  I drove the 150 PCX until the Forza came out in about 2013; an amazing step up from the PCX.  I bought the gf a Click 125 in about 2008 and drove it occasionally; I really didn't like it at all. I related my experience on the Scoopy only because it happened only 1 day before, but the principle applies --for a 187.5 cm tall male, weighing in at 86.4 kg (what's in a name), the Scoopy is grossly underpowered (you can probably remove the word "grossly" for the Click 125). And I am sure that there are men my size who ride Scoopys (Click 125s) every day (I see them) and say it is a fine bike for them, but IMO they are very wrong. And I expect that you have never or rarely driven a Click 150 (or any other 150cc bike), so, by your criteria, your opinion is of little/no value (aka worthless). And my advice stands -- avoid any motorbike less than 150cc, you will be happy that you did. Me thinks thou doth protest too much -- a clear sign of buyer's regret (sorry you didn't read this thread before you bought your Click 125).  :jap:

18 hours ago, Tropposurfer said:

If you want the best ride on a  scooter styled bike then look no further than a 250 or 300 Vespa. Plenty of power very quick off the mark and gorgeous to ride. There are Vespa mechanics in BKK but a bikle ]like this will cost you more to service. As dfor parts they don;t wear out as quick as the Asian bikes from my experience.

I had the GTS300 back home, great scooter but here I’ve got the 150. 

Also have 2 125’s, Honda click & Vespa LX.

Both are true scooters with step thru frames, meaning you can hop on and off so easily. If you are new to bikes then this should suit you. 

I rarely use the click cause after being on either Vespa, the click feels so cheap & handles poorly.

You get what you pay for. The click is a good cheap scooter for the money, although I’d much rather buy a used Vespa for the same money as a new Honda. 

Me thinks thou doth protest too much -- a clear sign of buyer's regret (sorry you didn't read this thread before you bought your Click 125).  :jap:

When i bought the Click 125i the 150 wasn't available, but i would have still gone for the 125i as having tavel insurance at the time the default is 125cc bikes. BTW the 125i is Injection, the Scoopy is not and may well be slow, I've not tried it. Anyway pointless argument as you haven't even ridden the new version of the 125i Click

1 hour ago, scubascuba3 said:

When i bought the Click 125i the 150 wasn't available, but i would have still gone for the 125i as having tavel insurance at the time the default is 125cc bikes. BTW the 125i is Injection, the Scoopy is not and may well be slow, I've not tried it. Anyway pointless argument as you haven't even ridden the new version of the 125i Click

Sorry, the Scoopy i is fuel injected (that is what the "i" stands for) -- from https://ncxhonda.com.kh/scoopy-i-prestige/ Honda SCOOPY i PRESTIGE

Fuel system      Programed Fuel Injection (PGM-FI).

I would be very surprised if there is any new motorbike being sold today in Thailand that isn't fuel injected, as it wouldn't meet current emission standards. It only has 108.20 cc's, so it is a step down in displacement from the Click 125. If that is the reason that it is heartless, it only shows how much difference 17cc's can make in acceleration on a very small light bike with a moderately large driver. I have never driven any Suzuki or Kawasaki, and have only driven a Yamaha (Nuovo) on a few occasions. I am "fonda Honda". I bought and drove the PCX 125 for the same reason that you bought the Click 125 -- the PCX 150 wasn't available when I bought the PCX 125. Honda was smart enough to upgrade the PCX to 150 cc pretty quickly, and for good reason. There is no 125 version of the PCX -- perhaps there is a message there -- they probably know more about motorbikes than both of us. So, based on my (limited (saved you the time to say it)) experience, given the very little difference in purchase price and fuel economy, avoid purchasing any motorbike (including, but not limited to, the Click) less than 150cc. End of story...……. 

debating which scooter is better is fruitless.

If Op will drive mainly on Bkk's traffic, he should get any small cc scooter that fits his budget and look preference. (click, Lexi, Filano, etc)

If he will use this on main roads with slightly faster traffic flow, let's say 90kph or more,  he should get something with a little more weight and hp like th PCX, Nmax, Xmax, Forza, etc.

Again, the smaller scooters have no problem running above 90kph or more but the additional weight really makes a lot of difference on how the scoot feels at higher speeds. Click 125 and the likes are also very light at the front end, the heavier scooters just feel more planted and safer on the road at higher speeds.

But at s slower speed BKK's traffic, nothing beats a small, light and nimble Click 125 or the likes. 

Check out the Yamaha Lexi and the Filano too, theyre ABS equipped.

16 hours ago, Fat Prophet said:

Jeez.

Obviously i have not read even 10% of the 3 pages.

Why would i?

What i find amusing is grown adults, adult expats, male adults, arguing the toss over step thru, twist-and-go scooters/mopeds, cubic capacity differences of 10 and 25cc, then to top it all, ego!

Hilarious.

Or embarrassing.

:cheesy:

I'm off to my flower arrangement classes.

Then i've got an appointment with my hairdresser.

Toodlepip girls.

:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

1 hour ago, thaiguzzi said:

Jeez.

Obviously i have not read even 10% of the 3 pages.

Why would i?

What i find amusing is grown adults, adult expats, male adults, arguing the toss over step thru, twist-and-go scooters/mopeds, cubic capacity differences of 10 and 25cc, then to top it all, ego!

Hilarious.

Or embarrassing.

:cheesy:

I'm off to my flower arrangement classes.

Then i've got an appointment with my hairdresser.

Toodlepip girls.

:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

Slow day... What's your excuse, buttercup? Enjoy your time at the hairdresser.... 

On 8/15/2019 at 8:13 PM, Fat Prophet said:

My comment was generic-- avoid any motorbike less than 150cc -- it was not Click specific, although it certainly applies to the Click. I have pretty significant experience with 125 cc motorbikes. I bought the 125 PCX when it first came out in about 2009/2010. I drove it (and liked it) until the 150 cc PCX was introduced in about 2011/2012, which I bought almost immediately. There was no comparison between the 2 bikes -- the 150 cc PCX had far better acceleration, and was a great ride (the 125 PCX was certainly "adequate" for around town).  I drove the 125 PCX almost daily for 2 years, mostly around town, but occasionally 50 km out and back.  I drove the 150 PCX until the Forza came out in about 2013; an amazing step up from the PCX.  I bought the gf a Click 125 in about 2008 and drove it occasionally; I really didn't like it at all. I related my experience on the Scoopy only because it happened only 1 day before, but the principle applies --for a 187.5 cm tall male, weighing in at 86.4 kg (what's in a name), the Scoopy is grossly underpowered (you can probably remove the word "grossly" for the Click 125). And I am sure that there are men my size who ride Scoopys (Click 125s) every day (I see them) and say it is a fine bike for them, but IMO they are very wrong. And I expect that you have never or rarely driven a Click 150 (or any other 150cc bike), so, by your criteria, your opinion is of little/no value (aka worthless). And my advice stands -- avoid any motorbike less than 150cc, you will be happy that you did. Me thinks thou doth protest too much -- a clear sign of buyer's regret (sorry you didn't read this thread before you bought your Click 125).  :jap:

Suggesting bikes under 150cc in tland urban areas is simply ridiculous.  There are more than enough 150's out there that are unstable at higher speeds and outrun their brakes so what is the point. A good water cooled 110cc can do an honest 80-90 km on the highway.  Why do you think so many thais opt for wave 110's and they are still going strong.

12 hours ago, Fat Prophet said:

Sorry, the Scoopy i is fuel injected (that is what the "i" stands for) -- from https://ncxhonda.com.kh/scoopy-i-prestige/ Honda SCOOPY i PRESTIGE

Fuel system      Programed Fuel Injection (PGM-FI).

I would be very surprised if there is any new motorbike being sold today in Thailand that isn't fuel injected, as it wouldn't meet current emission standards. It only has 108.20 cc's, so it is a step down in displacement from the Click 125. If that is the reason that it is heartless, it only shows how much difference 17cc's can make in acceleration on a very small light bike with a moderately large driver. I have never driven any Suzuki or Kawasaki, and have only driven a Yamaha (Nuovo) on a few occasions. I am "fonda Honda". I bought and drove the PCX 125 for the same reason that you bought the Click 125 -- the PCX 150 wasn't available when I bought the PCX 125. Honda was smart enough to upgrade the PCX to 150 cc pretty quickly, and for good reason. There is no 125 version of the PCX -- perhaps there is a message there -- they probably know more about motorbikes than both of us. So, based on my (limited (saved you the time to say it)) experience, given the very little difference in purchase price and fuel economy, avoid purchasing any motorbike (including, but not limited to, the Click) less than 150cc. End of story...……. 

Are you aware the nmax is available in many countries as 125cc?  The click 125i is not indicative of most 125s and is a very fast 125 due in part to the light weight of the bike.  It can outrun the 150's in sprints.  So comparing it to an older 110 is ridiculous.  Another factor one must consider is the quality of the engine and its design. A water cooled 110 can compete with a 125 air cooled and a 110 can compete with a chinese built 150. And I will lay bets that the classic honda 110cc in the waves will last a lot longer than the new 150s.  End of story... lol

On 8/15/2019 at 2:09 PM, wes360 said:

Lol is no one going to touch on the fact that this guy has never ridden a motorbike before and is going to start in Bangkok ????????????? 

Driving a car and a motorbike are 2 total different things my friend not matter how well you think you know the roads 

man who the hell cares, I have insurance and for sure those who I will be leaving behind will not be bothered sending me off to destination F*** without worrying about money. 

Archived