Koh Samui Immigration - 90-day reporting

Just back from my 90-day reporting at Koh Samui Immigration. They now require the same bank statement paperwork which is necessary for the annual extension for the 90-day reporting. As ever, the ladies that work there were smiling, friendly, and helpful; just doing their jobs.

17 minutes ago, evadgib said:

Is that for the 800k route or is it for everyone using that office?

I do the 800k thing, so that's all I can speak to. I'd be surprised if it weren't for all 90-day reportings.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, KiChakayan said:

Was it your first, second, or third 90 days report, after your latest extension?

Correct - the bank statement requirement can coincide or come close to the same date as the FIRST 90 day report. I have to show my bank statement 10 Sep, my first 90 day 19 Sep. I should be able to do both on the same day. After that, no more bank statement until next year.

1 hour ago, KiChakayan said:

Was it your first, second, or third 90 days report, after your latest extension?

Second. They didn't say anything when I did my first one after getting the annual renewal in March.

Edited by GalaxyMan

20 minutes ago, GalaxyMan said:

Second. They didn't say anything when I did my first one after getting the annual renewal in March.

You got your last extension of stay renewal in last march (6 months ago) and done already 2 times 90 days report, Right ?

For the first 90 report (maybe in last june ?), do they require a bank statment showing a balance up to 800k thb ?

For the second 90 report done this month, do they require again a bank statement showing a balance up to 400k thb ? (according to the new rules)

33 minutes ago, PETERHOF said:

You got your last extension of stay renewal in last march (6 months ago) and done already 2 times 90 days report, Right ?

For the first 90 report (maybe in last june ?), do they require a bank statment showing a balance up to 800k thb ?

For the second 90 report done this month, do they require again a bank statement showing a balance up to 400k thb ? (according to the new rules)

When I did my first 90-day reporting for the new extension, they didn't say anything about the bank statement. For the extension yesterday, the second since renewing, they asked for the bank statement. The amount wasn't discussed, but I always keep at least 800k in the account, so I'm covered.

19 hours ago, GalaxyMan said:

I do the 800k thing, so that's all I can speak to. I'd be surprised if it weren't for all 90-day reportings.

I suspect they are checking that you are complying with the regulation that states you must keep a minimum 400,000 in you account for the whole year.  It is the law I am afraid.

29 minutes ago, robertson468 said:

I suspect they are checking that you are complying with the regulation that states you must keep a minimum 400,000 in you account for the whole year.  It is the law I am afraid.

Makes the most sense, thought that's a bit oxymoronic when applied to Thailand. ????

40 minutes ago, robertson468 said:

What about those who used an agent for "fixing" the 800K? They would have nothing on their bank account.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

When I renewed my extension of stay in June of this year the young girl told me I had to bring my updated bank book , no mention of a letter or bank statement . The whole thing is farcical the head of Immigration in Thailand need to make a clear written instruction of what is required . Most IO now have 90 day reporting on line for some reason Samui does not offer this and for the last two years I have asked the IO why but all I ever get is a shrug of the shoulders . I find the “ make our own rules “ very frustrating it would be welcome if Samui IO gave out a written instruction of what is exactly required rather than have some young lady at the desk tell us if she remembers to ????????

21 hours ago, GalaxyMan said:

I just realized that they never said anything about the TM30.

Most probably because when you do your 90 day report you give them your current address , they have never seemed interested in the TM30 .

3 hours ago, GalaxyMan said:

When I did my first 90-day reporting for the new extension, they didn't say anything about the bank statement. For the extension yesterday, the second since renewing, they asked for the bank statement. The amount wasn't discussed, but I always keep at least 800k in the account, so I'm covered.

Does that mean that you had to leave the IO go to the bank get your book updated get a letter and a 3 month statement and pay the 100 baht that the bank charge and then go back to the IO and show it all to them.

1 hour ago, crazykopite said:

Most probably because when you do your 90 day report you give them your current address , they have never seemed interested in the TM30 .

The only thing I ever give them is my passport. Until now...

1 hour ago, crazykopite said:

Does that mean that you had to leave the IO go to the bank get your book updated get a letter and a 3 month statement and pay the 100 baht that the bank charge and then go back to the IO and show it all to them.

Yes. A bit inconvenient, but no big deal. Cost me half an hour or so.