Anybody Bored in Thailand??

atyclb

Thais i found were easily entertained by sitting on there phones 18 hours and eating rice, when i was younger i actually found there behaviour to be quite primitive.

Thais are easily entertained, The require minimal stimulation to get through the day, Oil rig workers, FIFO miners and retired blue collar workers can cope easier than someone with a higher intellect who will most likely battle the boredom with the bottle or eventually lose there mind.

Thailand is not the holy grail.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Orton Rd said:

Nothing in the world more boring than spending time with people like this, they actually mostly hate what they do and despise most of the customers, and I don't blame them. It's all an act by bar girls, they are paid to be your friend and so none of it really counts.

I'm living with one that originally looked like spotty bikini.

She's never done anything in her life without payment, if she goes to lunch with the little old lady down the road, Auntie buys lunch. If she takes granny opposite to the supermarket, granny puts petrol in the car and buys her some shopping.

I don't think she despises anyone (although I never claim insight into female motivation), I just think she was born to scrounge.

One of her wealthy pals always comes round with a bucket of KFC for me and the kids.

She's lived her whole life with others providing.

Boredom is a good thing... can lead to creativity, free roaming mind, getting in touch with your real self. Not be run from like cancer.

I pity those constantly swiping right, social media addicts. I'd rather be a heroin addict....

"Sometimes I sit and think. Sometimes I just sit"

Plenty of articles about benefits of boredom. Here short bit from BBC https://www.bbc.com/ideas/videos/why-boredom-is-actually-good-for-you/p06ldhlk

14 hours ago, atyclb said:

looking for those really bored and not those here to gloat about baked potatoes and mushrooms

Atyclb yes i get bored. I dont smoke. Go to bar once a month for 1 drink. To stop being so bored i download music and my tv programs. Go big tesco once a week and central another day. Go for a 30 scooter ride or have a little computer surf. Thats it really. Plan for big holidays. Last year S. A. And this year 4 weeks USA already. If long haul fly business. Try to see movie once a week but cant stand all this cartoon stuff apart from disney. Hate spiderman or the like. Bkk has a motorshow, also go paragon, mbk, and icon siam for a break. Kings palace. Have you seen bali yet and do the bicycle ride 26 klms down. Ankor wat and see the culture village. Halon bay vietnam. Take up cooking, i now bake my bread so easy. Yes it is boring, so many places to see in uk. BUT it beats being dead. Go for massage or you and she go for leg massage. 

Bored with all the road construction they dig up a road then fill it in and a few weeks later they come back and dig it up again.  Then they leave the area for a few weeks come back and fill the hole again it is a never ending process.  The driving in this country leaves a lot to be desired I am surprised that more people are not killed.  The people driving their cars, motorbikes, etc. on the sidewalk/footpath.  The never ending stupid things that immigration come up with.  Just a never ending list ha ha, but if you don't like it leave right?

yes Emdawg boredom can be a great motivator. After a dozen years here ,I got bored, I am very active and enjoy my life but need to go (got my ticket already) ... leaving soon for a new land, new culture, nature , language, challenges. will miss Thailand, no regrets , great people ... but just time to move on.

Things definitely get monotonous, get up, breakfast, go for walk , mall, beach etc every day, hang out, have a drink- non alcohol, lunch, etc etc etc, same same. Fishing some days, the garbage is something I could never get used to, traffic, pollution, congestion, heat, currency little things got to me after a while, then drinking in the evening, I'm pretty tame but it tends to spiral . And not in the right direction for most. Having seen it in expats ,, I didn't want to see myself there in several years.I got out of dodge.count my lucky stars I travelled with a backpack, and never bought. Came back to canada, breathed fresh air, drank clean water, ate good food, quiet, certainly wasn't comparing apples to apples,realized what I was missing. Had good times, met wonderful people while in Thailand but Retirement is not happening in Thailand. 

Have to admit ...of late, I have seen the situation here for what it really is. My First 10 years (50-60) were the most adventureous I have ever lived. The following 6 were equally exciting as I found myself ( what I thought) was a great gal. The last 3 with she seen things go steadily downhill....then finally we just went our separate ways ...(she leaving with more than I was left with).

I'm a non-drinker so don't get to meet many people socially (not that I really want to). So, I set about searching for a new lady on the dating sites...this really opened my eyes. My time would have been better spent walking along the Beach Rd. and finding a "coconut lady"....at least they are being honest about selling their body.

Another thing I learned...being "old" in Thailand (as I was never this old before 555), while not as bad as back home, one starts to become invisible...even to the ladies...unless you have buckets of money.

May head back to Europe just to have an adult, interesting and intelligent conversation,....before I finally pop my clogs....it's been 19 yrs. since I had one.

But, I am all the time conscience of the fact that the problems I speak of are "luxury" problems compared to many in the world today.

13 hours ago, Fex Bluse said:

I avoid boredom by avoiding locals. 

I have interesting friends from more than 30 countries across the world. 

No Thais ????

I got tired of the Thai questions:

1. Where you come from?

2. Where you go? 

3. Where you stay? 

4. Like Thailand? 

5. Like Thai food? 

6. Like Thai people? 

7. Have Thai lady? 

8. Can eat spicy? 

Stupid 

this is so accurate!

that is exactly what they say.  ha ha

Especially the Where you go?  

I normally say.....Go for a dump!  ha ha

13 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

Sounds pretty boring I don't cook microwave and grill is as near as I get. ????

cooking in Thailand?

Why?

Oats for breakfast is all I do.

Millions of places outside to eat well, and if you are poor, cheaply

15 hours ago, colinneil said:

Bored, bored, its all in the mind, how can anyone be bored, when we have Thai visa?

I get my daily fix just reading some of the utter rubbish some folk post.:cheesy:

I am asked many times are you not bored stuck in your chair at home alone...... Never.

you have an ability to rolling on the floor laughing at your own comments, that is unique to you personally,

the rest of mankind need a bit more stimulus to find life fulfilling

46 minutes ago, nickmondo said:

cooking in Thailand?

Why?

Oats for breakfast is all I do.

Millions of places outside to eat well, and if you are poor, cheaply

yep, one of the best things about thailand is i can eat out every meal with no consequence to my budget

8 hours ago, Fex Bluse said:

1. I maintain residency in multiple countries. I have business and property in Thailand and earn significant money. 

2. I am married, not a sex tourist. 

3. I could die anywhere. 

4. I meet my friends in nice countries, not Thailand. None of my friends want to come to a dirty place. 

5. No

Thankyou for answer. 

1. Success farang business in Thailand.  Good.

2. Where your wife from? She don’t like thai people same you?

4. Think you in pattaya? I not want to go that dirty place same. Terrible.

So you you live in Thailand to make money. Must live in the dirty place for income. 

Ok. 

If you don’t need income, where you like to live the most?

5 minutes ago, Yinn said:

Thankyou for answer. 

1. Success farang business in Thailand.  Good.

2. Where your wife from? She don’t like thai people same you?

4. Think you in pattaya? I not want to go that dirty place same. Terrible.

So you you live in Thailand to make money. Must live in the dirty place for income. 

Ok. 

If you don’t need income, where you like to live the most?

I like you. Have boyfriend? 

Bored in Thailand? Surely you jest. I feel like I need to be on DEFCON 4 alert here on a round-the-clock basis just to survive. As much as it might provide a welcome respite, boredom just isn't a luxury I feel I can afford.

If my head's not swivelling around to avoid getting mowed down in a pedestrian crosswalk, or my neck's not craning to see the scale at the open air market to make sure I'm not being overcharged, or I'm not examining a possible purchase for half an hour to make sure defective merchandise isn't being pawned off on me, or I'm not poking around in my bowl of baa mii to make sure the pork's not raw, or double-checking with the dentist to make sure that a root canal's being done on the right tooth, or trying to figure out why the lights in my house are glowing at night, or where that nok-nok-nok-nok sound in the middle of the night is coming from, I'm wondering when the municipal water or the electricity is going to come back on, or worrying whether the blood work lab results from the local government hospital can be relied upon. In my spare time, I spend a lot of time trying to figure out what's going to happen after the stock market crashes: inflation or deflation? As if that weren't enough, snakes, hornets, and soi dogs help keep me on my toes as well.

4 minutes ago, Fex Bluse said:

I like you. Have boyfriend? 

Not want you. 

1. you have wife already

2. You live the dirty place

3. You won’t like me, because you think thai stupid.

4 you not like thai music. I like fun people, not boring one. 

34 minutes ago, brokenbone said:

you have an ability to rolling on the floor laughing at your own comments, that is unique to you personally,

the rest of mankind need a bit more stimulus to find life fulfilling

Being restricted due to paraplegia, and unable to get out unaided, i find your comment to be a little pathetic.

2 hours ago, dotpoom said:

So, I set about searching for a new lady on the dating sites...this really opened my eyes. My time would have been better spent walking along the Beach Rd. and finding a "coconut lady"....at least they are being honest about selling their body.

At 66+ I'm surprised you're still bothering.

If I wasn't too lazy to look after my 8 year old by myself, I'd be living along at 64 years old.

Archived