KORAT - Annual Extension of Stay ( Retirement ) & TM30 Today

Just back from Korat Immigration and annual renewal of Retirement visa ( 800K in bank option )....

Firstly - We see the same staff there as the last 2 years but a new boss is on board we were told.

Secondly - With Visa all went well, No Issues - no mention of $$'s staying in account or check in 90 days time.

Thirdly - For the previous 3 years my wife had been told because she owns her house NO TM 30 is required.

However Today, wife was quietly told from now on she must submit a TM 30 form

No fine would be payable on this occasion today, but in future = Yes.   

If Wife reporting - fine = 800 Baht or if I am doing the report - fine = 1,200 Baht ( go figure )

Fourthly - Things appear to be changing fast - we called in 2 months ago to pick up the correct paperwork in advance.

However today, a couple of forms needed had changed ( bank account details ) and one other was surplus.

Fithly - The Uni girls no longer do the photocopying for you, Now you are redirected across the road to a private shop.

This made it not such a great experience.

VisraExtension and Re-Entry Permit All approved there and then... but seriously next year I may let it all slide and just get a Visa form my home country Thai Consulate.....  a much easier, cheaper and less painful route.

Edited by FARANG KIWI

That sounds like Korat immigration no nonsense or bs just in and out and done as quick as possible as long as your paperwork is in order. I always go with plenty of extra copies of everything so I don’t run into that issue. But yeah they’re usually pretty by the book that sounds about right.

• Like 1