Ford adds to Ranger pickup lineup with Agriculture Variant

snoop1130

Ford adds to Ranger pickup lineup with Agriculture Variant

By The Nation

800_9cb5c67998d048a.jpg

In an effort to expand its product range to suit customers, Ford has introduced an Agriculture Variant for its Ranger pickup lineup in Thailand.

They include the Ranger Standard Cab XL 2.2L 4x2 manual 6-speed (Bt559,000), Standard Cab XL 2.2L 4x4 manual 6-speed (Bt649,000), Open Cab XL 2.2L 4x2 manual 6-speed (Bt599,000) and Double Cab XL 2.2L 4x2 manual 6-speed (Bt689,000).

“Ford is aware of the importance of Thai farmers who have the need for vehicles that are durable enough for demanding jobs,” Ford Thailand managing director Wichit Wpngwatakarn said.

The trucks are powered by a 2.2-litre turbo diesel engine capable of producing 160hp and 385Nm. Standard features include power steering and ABS brakes.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/auto/30374750

logo2.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2019-08-14

29 minutes ago, Tug said:

I don’t know I’ve always bought simple straightforward no frills trucks don’t need the fancy gadgets more cost more to break down 

Read the specs. It's a no frills, mostly 2 wheel-drive, manual pickup, not a Wildtrak or a Raptor.

Ford has really picked up its game while Toyota and Isuzu just doing the same thing year after year. Was never a fan of ford but last month while shopping for a truck ended up buying a wildtrack. Was the most comfortable ride out of the available lot. 

Good choice. I was waiting long time already for this car. God heard my prayers. I will order that immediately. 

And then......driving full speed power sliding round my frangipani, heading to the jackfruit, and then around the starfruit tree over to the Pomelo. Wow, what an adventure. 

Oh, hack, now I ran over my coffee plants.... ????????????

On 8/15/2019 at 10:44 AM, inThailand said:

These are new models in order to get rid of the stockpile of old 2.2 engines?

Highly likely since farmers probably aren't too bothered about the newer bi-turbo motors.

20 hours ago, jackdd said:

I don't know about Ford, but Toyota sells pickups like this:

274a9e25674f2702dc7865b951e46107bbc9583b

Adding a platform as seen on your picture should not be a big deal.

Yes, they are available in Thailand as well. I recall seeing one on the Pattaya railroad/bypass a few years ago.

20 hours ago, geoffbezoz said:

Which country are they available in ?

That picture is from Australia where the dropside flatbed is the standard for cockies. As mentioned above, there are third-party fabricators of these beds in Thailand. I think yhe only pickup that comes with this sort of tray as standard in Thailand is the Tata.

Archived