BANGKOK
snoop1130

No-deal Brexit will be stopped, Hammond says

Off-topic post removed.

6 hours ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

D-saQgGXsAAtzhy.jpg:large

I'm not sure if you are a troll or just ignorant. That poster has nothing to do with the subject.  Choosing the leader is set in rules, look at the Blair/Brown Labour pact. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, billd766 said:

Even his own party doesn't like or want him, so why would the Tories take him on as a temporary PM?

BTW how would he accomplish it?

It won't happen, Bill. For the simple reason that they (the 'Remain' camp) will as per usual argue themselves to a standstill. Too many disparate egos to make it work.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

No one is saying that only one side is guilty, far from it, Labour employed some very dirty tactics by flooding local constituencies with Momentum supporters. It's the only reason that Corbyn is leader of the Labour party today. It severely hacked off many lifelong Labour Party members, large numbers of whom handed their cards in.

Who are Momentum? Young, middle class left wing activists who, after doing their "rebel without a cause" thing will become the next generation of bank managers, teachers and property developers (think Derek Hatton and Militant). Ordinary working people don't have a party to support them any more. So much so that as a lifelong Labour supporter and former member, If I vote for anyone at the next election, it'll probably be the Lib Dems (OMG).

However the poster has everything to do with the subject, no matter how much you dislike it and no matter how much it puts your beloved Boris in true perspective, he was elected by 0.3% of the electorate, all of them blue rinse tory diehards. Democratic? I don't think so.

Boris is not my beloved 5555555

I agree with your initial paragraphs. 🙂

The party is voted in, that unfortunately how it is, should it be changed? Possibly, but to what?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, chrissables said:

Boris is not my beloved 5555555

I agree with your initial paragraphs. 🙂

The party is voted in, that unfortunately how it is, should it be changed? Possibly, but to what?

Personally, i think that if the PM resigns, the relevant party should choose it's leader, as they do now, up to them, but it should automatically trigger an immediate General Election. The people have the right to choose the Prime Minister.

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, CG1 Blue said:

Labour took in thousands of Corbynite members when they offered membership for about 26p a few years back. And those members keep him as leader. He's not so popular among Labour MPs though, but they're stuck with him. 

Today the leader of the Lib Dems (Jo Swinson) has stated the Lib Dems will not support Corbyn's proposal to become temporary PM. She knows he's too toxic. So his plan is doomed already. 

So the voters …. the people like him …. ain't that not the principle of party's..., or is it like now that a select group appoint a P.M. whiteout any PEOPLES election  ?  So don't cry about the will of the people not respected as for him it keeps him in the seat …..how things can be fun in politic life...lol

Hmm.... something must be wrong in the origin of politics …….should read about the French revolution  (however that only helped a few years …)

With my best understanding the ultra conservatives disliking him ...

He opened anyway a Box of Pandora …. now only a litle bit tuning in a for all opposition sides acceptable tempory P.M.... and Boris can claim his "Guinness book of records" trophy for shortest U.K. P.M. 😉

I think Boris is toast ….(not Cake …)

Edited by david555

6 hours ago, baboon said:

It won't happen, Bill. For the simple reason that they (the 'Remain' camp) will as per usual argue themselves to a standstill. Too many disparate egos to make it work.

I didn't think it would happen.

There wouldn't be enough support from his own party, certainly not enough from the Tories

and I suspect that any who voted for him would be deselected at the next GE, and it seems that even the Lib/Dems won't help him either.

6 hours ago, DannyCarlton said:

Personally, i think that if the PM resigns, the relevant party should choose it's leader, as they do now, up to them, but it should automatically trigger an immediate General Election. The people have the right to choose the Prime Minister.

I'm sure the Tories will take that into consideration.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, DannyCarlton said:

No one is saying that only one side is guilty, far from it, Labour employed some very dirty tactics by flooding local constituencies with Momentum supporters. It's the only reason that Corbyn is leader of the Labour party today. It severely hacked off many lifelong Labour Party members, large numbers of whom handed their cards in.

Who are Momentum? Young, middle class left wing activists who, after doing their "rebel without a cause" thing will become the next generation of bank managers, teachers and property developers (think Derek Hatton and Militant). Ordinary working people don't have a party to support them any more. So much so that as a lifelong Labour supporter and former member, If I vote for anyone at the next election, it'll probably be the Lib Dems (OMG).

However the poster has everything to do with the subject, no matter how much you dislike it and no matter how much it puts your beloved Boris in true perspective, he was elected by 0.3% of the electorate, all of them blue rinse tory diehards. Democratic? I don't think so.

Well said Danny - I couldn't have put it better myself. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1