No-deal Brexit will be stopped, Hammond says

snoop1130

Just now, DannyCarlton said:

Sorry, I didn't realise that one needed to make 10k plus posts before being allowed to post in a brexit thread.

I'll get my coat! 555

No, carry on..................... I am sure your credibility will become established

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, transam said:

Why should Brits listen to a USA guy...?

Get used to it, Bolton has just delivered Johnson’s first set of orders.

Trump and his ambassador have already told the UK Government that the NHS must be included in a trade deal and that if the changes to UK tax laws that impact zero tax paying US companies are not reversed there will be no trade deal.

When the US says ‘jump’ you need only ask ‘how high?’.

(Ho...! ! don't panic straight away ????….. it is only for temporary short time to call General Election ….just for toppling Boris …)

https://news.sky.com/story/jeremy-corbyn-plans-to-block-no-deal-brexit-by-becoming-temporary-pm-11785448

Thursday 15 August 2019 00:37, UK

Jeremy Corbyn plans to block no-deal Brexit by becoming 'temporary' PM

The Labour leader wants to oust Boris Johnson so he can head a "strictly time-limited" caretaker government.

Jeremy Corbyn plans to block a no-deal Brexit by appealing to Conservative MPs to install him as "temporary" prime minister.

With less than 80 days to go until the 31 October deadline, the Labour leader is urging parties across parliament to oust Boris Johnson in a vote of no confidence.

Mr Corbyn vowed that - if he ascends to power - he will delay Brexit, call a snap general election and campaign for another referendum with the option to Remain.

21 minutes ago, david555 said:

(Ho...! ! don't panic straight away ????….. it is only for temporary short time to call General Election ….just for toppling Boris …)

https://news.sky.com/story/jeremy-corbyn-plans-to-block-no-deal-brexit-by-becoming-temporary-pm-11785448

The Labour leader wants to oust Boris Johnson so he can head a "strictly time-limited" caretaker government.

Jeremy Corbyn plans to block a no-deal Brexit by appealing to Conservative MPs to install him as "temporary" prime minister.

With less than 80 days to go until the 31 October deadline, the Labour leader is urging parties across parliament to oust Boris Johnson in a vote of no confidence.

Mr Corbyn vowed that - if he ascends to power - he will delay Brexit, call a snap general election and campaign for another referendum with the option to Remain.

And probably vows to have a knees up with Iran party, give pensions to terrorists whilst UK folk here are forgotten, and leave an embarrassment in office as his sidekick...

What does following means for Boris …"majority" ??

https://news.sky.com/story/sarah-wollaston-ex-conservative-mp-defects-to-the-liberal-democrats-11785502

Sarah Wollaston: Ex-Conservative MP joins the Liberal Democrats

The Commons health select committee chair is "delighted" to be joining a team fighting "to remain at the heart of Europe".

The Liberal Democrats have gained another MP after former Conservative Sarah Wollaston joined their ranks.

Her move brings the number of MPs representing parliament's fourth-biggest party up to 14, following swiftly on from the recent election of Janet Dodds in the Brecon and Radnorshire by-election.

2 hours ago, david555 said:

Corbyn's last desperate throw of the dice to get slippers under the table in No.10. I bet he's already asking his (3rd) wife to start packing, and figuring out where he and Diane Abbot can have some fun in the house when his missus is at the bingo. 

There is not a chance in hell that enough MPs will allow Corbyn into No.10. They'll be too worried he'll find a way to stay there for a full term. He'd try to claim squatters rights or something...

6 hours ago, cmarshall said:

Boris does not need to prorogue Parliament, since he can just call an election at which point Parliament no longer sits.  However, per terms of the European Union Withdrawal Act 2018, unless Parliament actively passes a bill approving withdrawal nothing at all happens in Nov. 1 whether or not Parliament is sitting.  No one expects Parliament to pass such a bill.  So, the UK is not leaving the EU anytime soon.

Parliament has already passed a bill to leave the EU. The current default is that we leave on 31st Oct unless a new bill is passed. 

2 hours ago, DannyCarlton said:

Thanks. Maybe knowing that I voted in both European referendums and post on Thai Visa because I live in Thailand, might allow you to humour me.

Certainly..... and I can forgive the fact that it has taken you so long to get here....................... that sort of experience could provide a valuable contribution.

2 hours ago, david555 said:

???????????? Wow, Remainers must be getting desperate if this is their latest master plan.

Tories voting for the likes of Corbyn, Abbott, McDonnell to replace them in power. 

Please, please tell me this is the best plan they've got. ????????

I dont know why anyone is blaming remainers for anything.

Leavers say it was simply remain or leave. The answer was leave amd included leave with no deal. So leave.

Why is it remainers fault the leavers got what they wanted. They will leave with no deal which is what many said they totally understood.

So what remainers do is irrelevant. You understood it. So only leavers to blame.

2 minutes ago, Sujo said:

Leavers say it was simply remain or leave. The answer was leave amd included leave with no deal. So leave.

Why is it remainers fault the leavers got what they wanted. They will leave with no deal which is what many said they totally understood.

So what remainers do is irrelevant. You understood it. So only leavers to blame.

If Brexit had happened I would agree with you .  What we want is out.

Preventing that is remainers.

If remainers would just like to step aside until 31 October then we will have what you describe....................... until then too many reainers are trying every trick in the book to prevent Brexit. You have heard of John Bercoe, haven't you ?

3 minutes ago, Sujo said:

Same for the E.U submitted to UK's decision wether to leave with the deal or without - what else ?

Johnson will deliver on time, why worry? 

3 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Get used to it, Bolton has just delivered Johnson’s first set of orders.

Trump and his ambassador have already told the UK Government that the NHS must be included in a trade deal and that if the changes to UK tax laws that impact zero tax paying US companies are not reversed there will be no trade deal.

When the US says ‘jump’ you need only ask ‘how high?’.

'Confused'?

3 hours ago, DannyCarlton said:

Thanks. Maybe knowing that I voted in both European referendums and post on Thai Visa because I live in Thailand, might allow you to humour me.

Welcome Danny to Thai Visa and welcome to the Remainiac resistance. You are most welcome here - I am now by any means necessary militant and can't be arsed to argue with the "thick as mince" Davies-ites who threaten the UK economy, the pound, Uk farming, the stability of the United Kingdom as a Union, peace in Northern Ireland and British EU expats abroad and as K-Tel would have said much much more. No one voted for that !

They cheer on liars and spivs like Farage and Johnson whilst since Brexit they have lost up to 25% of their wealth vis-a-vis Thailand. I wouldn't mind if they were just cutting off their own noses but they want to cut off all of ours as well. Good luck fighting them line by line in the trenches if that is what you want to do. You have my support all the way. We must love and pity them not hate them for they know not what they do. I've posted this many times before but just for you I dedicated Billy Bragg's Full English Brexit (which despite the Braggster being rich now and living in a big house in the country) sums it up nicely . 

Good luck , good people remain everywhere. 

19 hours ago, vogie said:

I have ran a business thanks very much and I do know what it said on the referendum leaflet, it seems you are struggling a tad. Leave or remain, not difficult for most people to understand.

Insulting me will not alter what was written on the said document.

No it won't alter what was written but it keeps him happy.

After all, simple things amuse simple minds.

3 hours ago, david555 said:

Even his own party doesn't like or want him, so why would the Tories take him on as a temporary PM?

BTW how would he accomplish it?

33 minutes ago, billd766 said:

Even his own party doesn't like or want him, so why would the Tories take him on as a temporary PM?

BTW how would he accomplish it?

Now I would like to know ...if his own party does not like him …. how can he be still the leader ….even after they tried to sack him …? Or  do the voters still liking him and backing him ?

Enlighten me please, as British politics start looking as a enigma for us  "Johnny foreigners"  , but is high entertaining " faulty Towers Style" as long not to need undergo it and bare the "cliff jumping consequences..."

30 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

I thought the bill was to leave on 31st April, did we pass another one to leave on 31st October?

Brexit is a "Hotel California" style one , that's the reason....they like the freedom , but with the "having all the cake and cherry's you can eat "....still hoping an trying & dragging their feet 

28 minutes ago, david555 said:

Brexit is a "Hotel California" style one , that's the reason....they like the freedom , but with the "having all the cake and cherry's you can eat "....still hoping an trying & dragging their feet 

Shh, don't tell Dominic Cummings, employed at huge expence to the taxpayer, to convince us proles that Boris and no deal Brexit are the new cake and cherries.

Oops too late, I believe that AIQ use Thai Visa brexit threads in theirt algorithms. 60 million Facebook users will be getting the "Cake and Cherrys" analogy in a personal message any day now.

2 hours ago, JonnyF said:

???????????? Wow, Remainers must be getting desperate if this is their latest master plan.

Tories voting for the likes of Corbyn, Abbott, McDonnell to replace them in power. 

Please, please tell me this is the best plan they've got. ????????

First draft is always superseded later by a much better version - work in progress.

2 hours ago, Sujo said:

Thank you, I have done absolutely nothing to prevent Brexiteers from leaving the EU. Up to them. All I'm saying that equally, it's my right to stay in the EU.

"I'm EU 'til I die,

I'm EU 'til I die,

I know I am, I'm sure I am,

I'm EU 'til I die!" :violin::post-4641-1156694572:

3 hours ago, evadgib said:

'Confused'?

Walking back a statement that reveals a politically sensitive intention, is not the same thing as reversing the intention. 

Trump and his ambassador don't just dream up policy ideas like insisting the NHS will be included in any US/UK trade deal, these decisions are made in response to US lobby groups pressing the President and his administration to further their own objectives.

Big Pharma, Health Insurance and Health Industry Services are extremely powerful lobbies in the US. 

The idea that Trump would make a policy U-Turn on US businesses getting their hands on the NHS is utterly naive.

That he can profess not to have meant what he clearly said, and then for you to swallow the explanation is demonstrated.  

Archived