No-deal Brexit will be stopped, Hammond says

snoop1130

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Walking back a statement that reveals a politically sensitive intention, is not the same thing as reversing the intention. 

Trump and his ambassador don't just dream up policy ideas like insisting the NHS will be included in any US/UK trade deal, these decisions are made in response to US lobby groups pressing the President and his administration to further their own objectives.

Big Pharma, Health Insurance and Health Industry Services are extremely powerful lobbies in the US. 

The idea that Trump would make a policy U-Turn on US businesses getting their hands on the NHS is utterly naive.

That he can profess not to have meant what he clearly said, and then for you to swallow the explanation is demonstrated.  

I was only highlighting your selective amnesia ????

44 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Walking back a statement that reveals a politically sensitive intention, is not the same thing as reversing the intention. 

Trump and his ambassador don't just dream up policy ideas like insisting the NHS will be included in any US/UK trade deal, these decisions are made in response to US lobby groups pressing the President and his administration to further their own objectives.

Big Pharma, Health Insurance and Health Industry Services are extremely powerful lobbies in the US. 

The idea that Trump would make a policy U-Turn on US businesses getting their hands on the NHS is utterly naive.

That he can profess not to have meant what he clearly said, and then for you to swallow the explanation is demonstrated.  

The disaster capitalists vultures see a post Brexit Britain as one huge meaty carcase to get their greedy talons into. Do any ardent Brexiters think that a desperate trade-deal less Uk will get anything other than bad terms from 'art of the deal' Trump even assuming Trump was able to broker these which he isn't. That lies at a congressional / state level and an huge Irish lobby wanting to punish Britain if Eire gets it in the neck.  Never mind though Brexiteers will spout any nonsense cling to any half-truth to keep their perverted dream alive. And let's get real underneath this all is an anti-immigration agenda , the minutiae of trade deals and the health of UK Plc are distractions from what many (not all) want is johnny foreigner out. At least some are honest enough to say that so we know what they think. Well BoJo has flown the kite of an illegal immigrant amnesty for potentially 500,000 illegals and unilaterally guaranteed the rights of EU citizens here. So that bird has well and truly flown. So they will get with Brexit absolutely nothing except a punch in their wallet as the world and its' brother take a position on broken Britain. But these bahtless Turkeys continue to vote for Xmas while waving their tatty flag. Don't worry a humbled and battered Tommy Robinson will be out soon. Hope he has learnt his lesson at Her Majesty's Pleasure. 

On 8/14/2019 at 1:21 PM, Topdoc said:

If the EU are not prepared to change 'Merkels Withdrawal Agreement' then it's going to be WTO terms which is what was voted for in the referendum.

I only read: "Leave"or "Remain".

What kind of "Remain": simple, ONE way only.

"Leave"... a LOT of alternatives.

On 8/14/2019 at 6:21 PM, Topdoc said:

If the EU are not prepared to change 'Merkels Withdrawal Agreement' then it's going to be WTO terms which is what was voted for in the referendum.

Would you explain two things please:

1. Where in the referendum question did it say anything about leaving with or without a deal?

2. What exactly do you understand by "WTO terms" and what is your understanding of the process and formalities required in order to do that?

Look forward to your reply.

22 hours ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

I care not any more for the arguments - the only game in town is stop this madness by "any means necessary" and we will. Tebee and others take heart it ain't over yet and the final fightback has begun. Yes, the majority of capital was anti-Brexit unlike a majority of the English working class, but the pro-Brexit capital played much dirtier and won. Their second trick of turning no-deal into an act of patriotic self-belief is one of the most disgusting and successful manipulations of public opinion I have ever seen, and I am sure that lots of funding has been poured into pulling it off. 2nd Referendum or Revoke A50 pass it on - support your sovereign national parliament not the Eton-coup cabal. The no-deal leavers are a small minority and we will crush them , their arguments and their lies. 

https://www.opendemocracy.net/en/dark-money-investigations/brexit-dark-money-and-big-data/

At least you are clear. You hate democracy. Pitiful, but whatever.

1 hour ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

The disaster capitalists vultures see a post Brexit Britain as one huge meaty carcase to get their greedy talons into. Do any ardent Brexiters think that a desperate trade-deal less Uk will get anything other than bad terms from 'art of the deal' Trump even assuming Trump was able to broker these which he isn't. That lies at a congressional / state level and an huge Irish lobby wanting to punish Britain if Eire gets it in the neck.  Never mind though Brexiteers will spout any nonsense cling to any half-truth to keep their perverted dream alive. And let's get real underneath this all is an anti-immigration agenda , the minutiae of trade deals and the health of UK Plc are distractions from what many (not all) want is johnny foreigner out. At least some are honest enough to say that so we know what they think. Well BoJo has flown the kite of an illegal immigrant amnesty for potentially 500,000 illegals and unilaterally guaranteed the rights of EU citizens here. So that bird has well and truly flown. So they will get with Brexit absolutely nothing except a punch in their wallet as the world and its' brother take a position on broken Britain. But these bahtless Turkeys continue to vote for Xmas while waving their tatty flag. Don't worry a humbled and battered Tommy Robinson will be out soon. Hope he has learnt his lesson at Her Majesty's Pleasure. 

Quite a story. You should try fiction writing professionally.

1 hour ago, 3NUMBAS said:

he is daydreaming again .nobody can stop the exit

It's not the weather - it is man made and can be man unmade by a sovereign national parliament. Any way I have 2k baht in the game with Malagateddy for the 31st October leaving the Eu bet. Now worth £54 but was £50 when we made it. Clever of me to bet in baht not pounds eh ?

6 hours ago, DannyCarlton said:

I thought the bill was to leave on 31st April, did we pass another one to leave on 31st October?

The original leaving date was 29th March. May applied for an extension to A50, and got one until 12th April. She then asked for another and the new deadline is 31st October. 

Boris will not request a further extension. Even if he did the EU would require agreement from all 27 member states. The French and others would quite likely veto it. 

6 hours ago, david555 said:

Now I would like to know ...if his own party does not like him …. how can he be still the leader ….even after they tried to sack him …? Or  do the voters still liking him and backing him ?

Enlighten me please, as British politics start looking as a enigma for us  "Johnny foreigners"  , but is high entertaining " faulty Towers Style" as long not to need undergo it and bare the "cliff jumping consequences..."

Labour took in thousands of Corbynite members when they offered membership for about 26p a few years back. And those members keep him as leader. He's not so popular among Labour MPs though, but they're stuck with him. 

Today the leader of the Lib Dems (Jo Swinson) has stated the Lib Dems will not support Corbyn's proposal to become temporary PM. She knows he's too toxic. So his plan is doomed already. 

8 hours ago, Sujo said:

I dont know why anyone is blaming remainers for anything.

Leavers say it was simply remain or leave. The answer was leave amd included leave with no deal. So leave.

Why is it remainers fault the leavers got what they wanted. They will leave with no deal which is what many said they totally understood.

So what remainers do is irrelevant. You understood it. So only leavers to blame.

Correct - they love to moan if only the remoaners hadn't done this , if only David Davies wasn't as thick as mince , if only the Good Friday Agreement didn't exist blah blah blah - they wanted to leave but didn't have a plan - fail to plan , plan to fail. What they want is to be happy like they were that day , like when England won the world cup , when the rabble rousers of Farage and worse pumped them up with lies and half-truths. They own it lock stock and barrel every single baht we've lost here (this is a Thailand forum after all) was their doing - own it , stop bawling like a baby or crawl back under the stones where you came from.

13 hours ago, billd766 said:

Even his own party doesn't like or want him, so why would the Tories take him on as a temporary PM?

BTW how would he accomplish it?

It won't happen, Bill. For the simple reason that they (the 'Remain' camp) will as per usual argue themselves to a standstill. Too many disparate egos to make it work.

18 minutes ago, chrissables said:

I'm not sure if you are a troll or just ignorant. That poster has nothing to do with the subject.  Choosing the leader is set in rules, look at the Blair/Brown Labour pact. 

No one is saying that only one side is guilty, far from it, Labour employed some very dirty tactics by flooding local constituencies with Momentum supporters. It's the only reason that Corbyn is leader of the Labour party today. It severely hacked off many lifelong Labour Party members, large numbers of whom handed their cards in.

Who are Momentum? Young, middle class left wing activists who, after doing their "rebel without a cause" thing will become the next generation of bank managers, teachers and property developers (think Derek Hatton and Militant). Ordinary working people don't have a party to support them any more. So much so that as a lifelong Labour supporter and former member, If I vote for anyone at the next election, it'll probably be the Lib Dems (OMG).

However the poster has everything to do with the subject, no matter how much you dislike it and no matter how much it puts your beloved Boris in true perspective, he was elected by 0.3% of the electorate, all of them blue rinse tory diehards. Democratic? I don't think so.

32 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

No one is saying that only one side is guilty, far from it, Labour employed some very dirty tactics by flooding local constituencies with Momentum supporters. It's the only reason that Corbyn is leader of the Labour party today. It severely hacked off many lifelong Labour Party members, large numbers of whom handed their cards in.

Who are Momentum? Young, middle class left wing activists who, after doing their "rebel without a cause" thing will become the next generation of bank managers, teachers and property developers (think Derek Hatton and Militant). Ordinary working people don't have a party to support them any more. So much so that as a lifelong Labour supporter and former member, If I vote for anyone at the next election, it'll probably be the Lib Dems (OMG).

However the poster has everything to do with the subject, no matter how much you dislike it and no matter how much it puts your beloved Boris in true perspective, he was elected by 0.3% of the electorate, all of them blue rinse tory diehards. Democratic? I don't think so.

Boris is not my beloved 5555555

I agree with your initial paragraphs. ????

The party is voted in, that unfortunately how it is, should it be changed? Possibly, but to what?

2 minutes ago, chrissables said:

Boris is not my beloved 5555555

I agree with your initial paragraphs. ????

The party is voted in, that unfortunately how it is, should it be changed? Possibly, but to what?

Personally, i think that if the PM resigns, the relevant party should choose it's leader, as they do now, up to them, but it should automatically trigger an immediate General Election. The people have the right to choose the Prime Minister.

8 hours ago, CG1 Blue said:

Labour took in thousands of Corbynite members when they offered membership for about 26p a few years back. And those members keep him as leader. He's not so popular among Labour MPs though, but they're stuck with him. 

Today the leader of the Lib Dems (Jo Swinson) has stated the Lib Dems will not support Corbyn's proposal to become temporary PM. She knows he's too toxic. So his plan is doomed already. 

So the voters …. the people like him …. ain't that not the principle of party's..., or is it like now that a select group appoint a P.M. whiteout any PEOPLES election  ?  So don't cry about the will of the people not respected as for him it keeps him in the seat …..how things can be fun in politic life...lol

Hmm.... something must be wrong in the origin of politics …….should read about the French revolution  (however that only helped a few years …)

With my best understanding the ultra conservatives disliking him ...

He opened anyway a Box of Pandora …. now only a litle bit tuning in a for all opposition sides acceptable tempory P.M.... and Boris can claim his "Guinness book of records" trophy for shortest U.K. P.M. ????

I think Boris is toast ….(not Cake …)

6 hours ago, baboon said:

It won't happen, Bill. For the simple reason that they (the 'Remain' camp) will as per usual argue themselves to a standstill. Too many disparate egos to make it work.

I didn't think it would happen.

There wouldn't be enough support from his own party, certainly not enough from the Tories

and I suspect that any who voted for him would be deselected at the next GE, and it seems that even the Lib/Dems won't help him either.

7 hours ago, chrissables said:

I'm not sure if you are a troll or just ignorant. That poster has nothing to do with the subject.  Choosing the leader is set in rules, look at the Blair/Brown Labour pact. 

Morning, and the referendum called by Cameron was advisory over 3 years ago. Things have moved on a lot since then so the British people knowing what they know now are entitled to have a second referendum - even JRM suggested it way back. As to your slurs troll I might accept ignorant - never ! Be careful of forum rules here I have had 2 3 day bans for being abusive to other posters - your comments are skating on thin ice though I'm not a reporting snitch and can take them like a man !

Image result for rees mogg on second referendum

5 hours ago, david555 said:

So the voters …. the people like him …. ain't that not the principle of party's..., or is it like now that a select group appoint a P.M. whiteout any PEOPLES election  ?  So don't cry about the will of the people not respected as for him it keeps him in the seat …..how things can be fun in politic life...lol

Hmm.... something must be wrong in the origin of politics …….should read about the French revolution  (however that only helped a few years …)

With my best understanding the ultra conservatives disliking him ...

He opened anyway a Box of Pandora …. now only a litle bit tuning in a for all opposition sides acceptable tempory P.M.... and Boris can claim his "Guinness book of records" trophy for shortest U.K. P.M. ????

I think Boris is toast ….(not Cake …)

I can never really understand these posts. Maybe I'm not bold enough?

2 minutes ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

Morning, and the referendum called by Cameron was advisory over 3 years ago. Things have moved on a lot since then so the British people knowing what they know now are entitled to have a second referendum - even JRM suggested it way back. As to your slurs troll I might accept ignorant - never ! Be careful of forum rules here I have had 2 3 day bans for being abusive to other posters - your comments are skating on thin ice though I'm not a reporting snitch and can take them like a man !

2011 - out of context - read the whole story. It's a no from me.

6 hours ago, DannyCarlton said:

Personally, i think that if the PM resigns, the relevant party should choose it's leader, as they do now, up to them, but it should automatically trigger an immediate General Election. The people have the right to choose the Prime Minister.

I'm sure the Tories will take that into consideration.

7 hours ago, DannyCarlton said:

Well said Danny - I couldn't have put it better myself. 

6 minutes ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

Bloody clever bloke suggesting it 5 years before the Brexit referendum.

Are you sure it didn't relate to Scottish independence - you are not known for the accuracy (or relevance) of your posts, as evidenced bu reference to Cameron's referendum being 'advisory'....... I do believe that you have forgotten (or chosen to ignore) his Chatham House speech....... be a sensible lad and take another look before embarrassing yourself further.

Archived