No-deal Brexit will be stopped, Hammond says

snoop1130

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

context wars hmmm 350 million on the side of a bus type context - that's just a lie. 

What was the lie ?

A shallow attempt at deflecting from the question.

Oh please, don't tell me you were stupid enough to believe that the whole EU funding was going into the NHS ?? ????????????

1 minute ago, Jip99 said:

Bloody clever bloke suggesting it 5 years before the Brexit referendum.

Are you sure it didn't relate to Scottish independence - you are not known for the accuracy (or relevance) of your posts.

He was clever then he's just a manipulative shill for his offshore wealth now cloaking his greed in the flag cheered on by an ignorant section of the doffing-cap working class. Anyway whatever it refers to Scotland or otherwise he wasn't against a second look back then. And here's a reason from Matt Hancock why Brexit must be stopped / have a deal. 

Just now, Jip99 said:

What was the lie ?

Oh please, don't tell me you were stupid enough to believe that the whole EU funding was going into the NHS ?? ????????????

Blimey I haven't had breakfast yet - give me a chance. And no I don't believe a single word that comes out of Johnson's lying mouth which makes fact checking much easier. 

50 minutes ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

He was clever then he's just a manipulative shill for his offshore wealth now cloaking his greed in the flag cheered on by an ignorant section of the doffing-cap working class. Anyway whatever it refers to Scotland or otherwise he wasn't against a second look back then. And here's a reason from Matt Hancock why Brexit must be stopped / have a deal. 

And here's a reason from countless important people why Brexit must go ahead!

2 hours ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

Morning, and the referendum called by Cameron was advisory over 3 years ago. Things have moved on a lot since then so the British people knowing what they know now are entitled to have a second referendum - even JRM suggested it way back. As to your slurs troll I might accept ignorant - never ! Be careful of forum rules here I have had 2 3 day bans for being abusive to other posters - your comments are skating on thin ice though I'm not a reporting snitch and can take them like a man !

Image result for rees mogg on second referendum

If the initial referendum had stated a leave vote would lead to a second vote on what type of leave, WTO, EU deal or whatever i would understand, even if not agree. BUt not a vote to change leaving or not. Leave has been decided.

If we stayed what would happen? EU army? Tied into another type of ERM? Or forced into the Euro. These are all valid points that have not been debated. But as we are leaving, why should we?

Yes, i have been given a few bans too, ????

24 minutes ago, chrissables said:

If the initial referendum had stated a leave vote would lead to a second vote on what type of leave, WTO, EU deal or whatever i would understand, even if not agree. BUt not a vote to change leaving or not. Leave has been decided.

If we stayed what would happen? EU army? Tied into another type of ERM? Or forced into the Euro. These are all valid points that have not been debated. But as we are leaving, why should we?

Yes, i have been given a few bans too, ????

We wear our bans with honour ! Anyway is in the hands of our sovereign parliament now not the sheeple. What will be will be all aided and abetted by Mr Speaker who is a very powerful man indeed.  

Image result for sovereign parliament

Now Ordure please in this thread I'm doing my best......

Not so fast Johnson and your coup makers ....there are new kids in town (well not really kids but wise old sages ) 

Let's all give three cheers to our potential new temporary leaders. The new odd couple - the deal is ON ! (and don't forget Brexiteers a deal will be vassalage copyright Rees Mogg). 

Image result for ken clarke harriet harman

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2019/08/16/brexit-latest-news-boris-johnson-jeremy-corbyn/

Long Live Parliamentary Sovereignty ! Long Live the EU !  Long Live the Rising Pound - Je t'adore......

btw oddschecker has shoter odds for extension beyond 31st than we leave...Malagateddy get that 2k keyed up.

Time for a bit of Elbow in celebration ! 

Let's all push for 40 now............

37,56 Thai Baht

8 minutes ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

Not so fast Johnson and your coup makers ....there are new kids in town (well not really kids but wise old sages ) 

Personally, I would go with Ken Clark, (even though I'm a Labour supporter) longest serving member in the house. A wise man who can show sanguinity even in troubled times. A born mediator.

Harret Harman has too many skeletons in her closet and, put simply, I never did like her!

1 hour ago, chrissables said:

None of the above. We stood firm against all of those proposals before and we would do so again.

What was the lie ?

Oh please, don't tell me you were stupid enough to believe that the whole EU funding was going into the NHS ?? [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Remainers appear to take most of their direction from vehicle stickers (Eg Bercow’s) or advertising hoardings like those above.

5 hours ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

But if there's a deal everyone will live happily ever after? What a load of crap.

2 hours ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

We wear our bans with honour ! Anyway is in the hands of our sovereign parliament now not the sheeple. What will be will be all aided and abetted by Mr Speaker who is a very powerful man indeed.  

Image result for sovereign parliament

Now Ordure please in this thread I'm doing my best......

Ray bans ????

5 hours ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

Blimey I haven't had breakfast yet - give me a chance. And no I don't believe a single word that comes out of Johnson's lying mouth which makes fact checking much easier. 

Just because you don't believe something doesn't mean it isn't true.

Again, you are attacking the person without any substance of fact.

54 minutes ago, Loiner said:

And were does it say that?

Leave him.... he is just trolling (badly).

He/they have been puking out the "let's have a second referendum because you didn't know what you were voting for (and we lost....boo hoo"

On 8/15/2019 at 5:07 PM, beautifulthailand99 said:

Welcome Danny to Thai Visa and welcome to the Remainiac resistance. You are most welcome here -

I suspect you knew him already..........................................

There is a reasonable chance that you are even talking to yourself.....????

21 hours ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

It's not the weather - it is man made and can be man unmade by a sovereign national parliament. Any way I have 2k baht in the game with Malagateddy for the 31st October leaving the Eu bet. Now worth £54 but was £50 when we made it. Clever of me to bet in baht not pounds eh ?

Clever of Teddy to be betting in Baht, I would say.

3 minutes ago, Jip99 said:

Clever of Teddy to be betting in Baht, I would say.

Playing catch up Jip ? Raining outside in UK but the wife is cooking up a storm in the kitchen. We're waiting to pounce at 40 baht.pound for another money transfer. So the direction of travel is looking good in the last 24 hours. And no I am not Danny , welcome as he is to this place and thread. 

43 minutes ago, Jip99 said:

Just because you don't believe something doesn't mean it isn't true.

Again, you are attacking the person without any substance of fact.

Aren't we fed up with facts and experts in this Donald Trump post-truth Universe ? Anyway it's a million to one against a no deal - FACT. 

image.jpeg.a1ed4083428b8f9086dafe624e2ec7f7.jpeg

14 hours ago, chrissables said:

I'm not sure if you are a troll or just ignorant. That poster has nothing to do with the subject.  Choosing the leader is set in rules, look at the Blair/Brown Labour pact. 

Tough call....

He is, after all, the guy whose considered response to Brexit was to splash out overa Fiver on a tacky Thailand bracelet that said "F&*k Brexit"

You can't argue with that level of intellect.

1 minute ago, Jip99 said:

Tough call....

He is, after all, the guy whose considered response to Brexit was to splash out overa Fiver on a tacky Thailand bracelet that said "F&*k Brexit"

You can't argue with that level of intellect.

Get your facts right over a fiver at current rates for 2 - when I bought 2 last year it was £1.97 for one. And it's not tacky I have had some very nice compliments from some of my Remain mates. 

(As before I told not to start panicking ….but it is in progress now Pandora box for the Boris toppling... only compromising who to become temporary P.M,...)

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/aug/16/jo-swinson-lib-dems-clarke-harman-interim-pm-jeremy-corbyn-pressure

Jo Swinson says she would work with Labour to avoid no-deal Brexit

Lib Dem leader also says she thinks Corbyn-led unity government would not win MPs’ confidence

The leader of the Liberal Democrats, Jo Swinson, has reiterated that she would work with the Labour party to prevent a no-deal Brexit amid pressure from other opposition leaders, but underlined her belief that a Jeremy Corbyn-led unity government would not win the confidence of the House of Commons.

The Conservative grandee Ken Clarke and senior Labour MP Harriet Harman – the father and mother of the house – are prepared to lead the emergency government, Swinson added, saying she had won both of their assurances.

“I have been in touch with them because obviously you don’t just mention people’s names without checking that they’re OK with that,” Swinson told d BBC Radio 4’s Today programme on Friday.

more...

11 minutes ago, david555 said:

(As before I told not to start panicking ….but it is in progress now Pandora box for the Boris toppling... only compromising who to become temporary P.M,...)

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/aug/16/jo-swinson-lib-dems-clarke-harman-interim-pm-jeremy-corbyn-pressure

Jo Swinson says she would work with Labour to avoid no-deal Brexit

Lib Dem leader also says she thinks Corbyn-led unity government would not win MPs’ confidence

The leader of the Liberal Democrats, Jo Swinson, has reiterated that she would work with the Labour party to prevent a no-deal Brexit amid pressure from other opposition leaders, but underlined her belief that a Jeremy Corbyn-led unity government would not win the confidence of the House of Commons.

The Conservative grandee Ken Clarke and senior Labour MP Harriet Harman – the father and mother of the house – are prepared to lead the emergency government, Swinson added, saying she had won both of their assurances.

“I have been in touch with them because obviously you don’t just mention people’s names without checking that they’re OK with that,” Swinson told d BBC Radio 4’s Today programme on Friday.

Corbyn has got to show some balls and park himself on the sidelines for this one. A Harman/Clarke dream ticket would probably get enough votes from tory wobblers to get this over the line. Anyway he will still get his GE after first we stall Brexit. Come on Magic Grandad show us some magic. 

12 hours ago, david555 said:
20 hours ago, CG1 Blue said:

Labour took in thousands of Corbynite members when they offered membership for about 26p a few years back. And those members keep him as leader. He's not so popular among Labour MPs though, but they're stuck with him. 

Today the leader of the Lib Dems (Jo Swinson) has stated the Lib Dems will not support Corbyn's proposal to become temporary PM. She knows he's too toxic. So his plan is doomed already. 

So the voters …. the people like him …. ain't that not the principle of party's..., or is it like now that a select group appoint a P.M. whiteout any PEOPLES election  ?  So don't cry about the will of the people not respected as for him it keeps him in the seat …..how things can be fun in politic life...lol

No, not the voters.  The members. Same as the members of the Conservative party voted in Boris as their leader. 

Archived