Otter found beached in Phuket

snoop1130

Otter found beached in Phuket

By Tanyaluk Sakoot

1565780849_1-org.jpg

The otter is recovering well, say officials. Photo: Pongchart Chuahom / DNP

PHUKET:-- An otter found exhausted and sick washed ashore Bang Tao Beach at about 3am on Sunday (Aug 11) is now receiving care in Phuket and will be moved to a wildlife station in Phang Nga once its health has been restored.

Pongchart Chuahom, Director of the Khao Phra Thaew Natural and Wildlife Education Centre in Thalang, confirmed the mammal found as adult Asian small-clawed otter.

However, he said the gender of the otter had yet to be determined.

Full Story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/otter-found-beached-in-phuket-72516.php#deyeljhEorTvuFlv.97

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2019-08-14

1 minute ago, worgeordie said:
2 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

However, he said the gender of the otter had yet to be determined.

Afraid to look

regards Worgeordie

We don't want the PM counting how many twerks it might be doing if it's female, whilst dam building, do we?

3 hours ago, chickenslegs said:

You otter know better than that. It's beavers that build dams.

I, like Mrs Malaprop am under no delusions about beavering away about the otters to prevent badgering of these aminals, some of whom are killed for there fare to make handbags. I have a very photogenic memory when it comes to these things. I will remember this in my last will and tentacle.

I was in Kho Lanta 20 years ago walking along the beach when an Otter came out of the sea and followed me, i went into the water and swam around a bit with the animal then headed off to a small beach bar, the Otter followed and laid across my feet while i had a few beers at the bar. The bar owners Alsation then came around and was attacked and seen off by this little animal. Walking back to the Bungalows later on the Otter went back into the sea and disappeared, just another normal day in Thailand .

Archived