TM30 Question re: hospital stay

Some hospitals do. I know Bumrungrad does. And CW refused an extension until a new TM30 was filed.

I'd simply ask at the hospital, see if they file, and if they do, ask them to get some clarification on your question re-filing after dis-charge.

• Like 1

The way I understand the rules is...

If you don't leave the province, you (or your wife) doesn't have to file a TM.30 when you return to your house even if you stay in a hotel or somewhere else that does file a TM.30 reporting your stay.

I would think a hospital would also have to file a TM.30, but, perhaps not. Anyway, if you're not leaving your province, you shouldn't have to worry about TM.30s

That's my understanding anyway.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Genericnic said:

There is no worry about it until the IO asks to see it and you don't have it. ????

David

I do not interact with io except at borders. Been doing this for ages. How can an io ask for a tm30 if i am just arriving? It seems now my path has yet another advantage. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, edwinchester said:

Stayed in a Govt Hospital three weeks ago for five nights and they did not ask to see my passport so no way they completed a TM30 for me.

Guess there is a first time for everything,did you have to pay any money up front ?

to my knowledge most hospitals do.

7 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

Guess there is a first time for everything,did you have to pay any money up front ?

to my knowledge most hospitals do.

I have had three inpatient stays at Govt Hospitals in Thailand, never had to pay any money up front.

20 hours ago, edwinchester said:

Stayed in a Govt Hospital three weeks ago for five nights and they did not ask to see my passport so no way they completed a TM30 for me.

Same here.

3 nights in pattaya public. 

Intensive care. 

Passport not required. 

All they wanted was 50k cash deposit against the cost of stay.

4 hours ago, dallen52 said:

Same here.

3 nights in pattaya public. 

Intensive care. 

Passport not required. 

All they wanted was 50k cash deposit against the cost of stay.

Never even had to front up any money either but my three admissions to date have not been for anything so serious as to require ICU.

• Like 1

On 8/15/2019 at 9:24 PM, meand said:

I do not interact with io except at borders. Been doing this for ages. How can an io ask for a tm30 if i am just arriving? It seems now my path has yet another advantage. 

Same here ! how crazy are people to have to care stupid laws when they just need to cross a border 4 times a year maximum...

They just deserve all the problems that they get and that we don't !

On 8/15/2019 at 10:13 PM, edwinchester said:

My edumacated guess is that hospitals which cater to international clientele, Medical Tourism being a "thing" here, would probably be the only one's which file TM30's for those foreign patients who stay overnight. So that might include but several handfuls of hospitals, with the bulk in Bangkok. Most of these sorts of hospitals offer in-house Immigration concierge services, and are wired into the online Alien registration system (TM30).

Hospitals with mostly Thai patients probably just care about your ability to pay, although I do find it odd that they didn't ask for some sort of identification before admitting you for treatment? How did they address you? Khun Doe?

1 hour ago, mtls2005 said:

My edumacated guess is that hospitals which cater to international clientele, Medical Tourism being a "thing" here, would probably be the only one's which file TM30's for those foreign patients who stay overnight. So that might include but several handfuls of hospitals, with the bulk in Bangkok. Most of these sorts of hospitals offer in-house Immigration concierge services, and are wired into the online Alien registration system (TM30).

Hospitals with mostly Thai patients probably just care about your ability to pay, although I do find it odd that they didn't ask for some sort of identification before admitting you for treatment? How did they address you? Khun Doe?

I am Khun Ed and use my Thai Hospital Card for ID.

Edited by edwinchester

13 minutes ago, edwinchester said:

I am Khun Ed and use my Thai Hospital Card for ID.

And here I as thinking you could use your Tesco card.

And how did you obtain your "Thai Hospital Card"?

I've got to believe that at some point you have had to use your passport?

All that said, as has already been postulated, Thai Government Hospitals most certainly do not feel the need to report foreigners via the TM30 process, for now.

I would imagine this loophole will be addressed, all in the name of "national security"? ????

5 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

And here I as thinking you could use your Tesco card.

And how did you obtain your "Thai Hospital Card"?

I've got to believe that at some point you have had to use your passport?

All that said, as has already been postulated, Thai Government Hospitals most certainly do not feel the need to report foreigners via the TM30 process, for now.

I would imagine this loophole will be addressed, all in the name of "national security"? ????

Anyone can register at their local Thai Govt Hospital, really easy process. Used my House Yellow Book and one of my previous Passports as it was several years ago.

It does not entitle me to free treatment under the '30 bht' scheme although my local walk-in health centre has never charged me for meds or treatment.

1 minute ago, edwinchester said:

Anyone can register at their local Thai Govt Hospital, really easy process. Used my House Yellow Book and one of my previous Passports as it was several years ago.

It does not entitle me to free treatment under the '30 bht' scheme although my local walk-in health centre has never charged me for meds or treatment.

OK, so the hospital does have a passport of yours on file.

20 hours ago, edwinchester said:

Never even had to front up any money either but my three admissions to date have not been for anything so serious as to require ICU.

They put me in a private room and the little lady too.

Bed for her.

Hourly obs.

Pancreatitis and it had sent the heart out of whack. 

The nurse in charge was brilliant.

Working 13 years in the UK. 

Suppose they made sure they were paid. Haha.

5 litres of iv stuff through me for 3 days..

Did the trick.