Replacements for 11 retiring senior education officials to be selected

webfact

Replacements for 11 retiring senior education officials to be selected 

By The Nation

800_f881ff6a9d74fbd.jpg

Natapol Teepsuwan

Education Minister Natapol Teepsuwan said he will select nominees by the end of the month to replace 11 senior officials with the ministry, including the permanent secretary, who are retiring.

Nataphol said he has assigned the agencies concerned to collects opinions and nominate senior officials to the 11 posts that will be vacant at the end of September and has received their replies. 

Among the 11 top officials, who will retire at the end of September, are Karun Sakulpradit, permanent secretary for Education Ministry, and Suthep Chitayawong, secretary general of the Office of Basic Education Commission.

Natapol said he has yet to study the documents related to nominations of candidates for the posts sent back to him and he would interview the nominees one by one.

The minister added he so far has no candidates on his mind and does not know anyone in person.

He said he would submit the list of nominees to fill the 11 posts to the Cabinet for approval within this month.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30374722

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2019-08-15

Natapol has said he has yet to study documents, and he will interview nominees one by one.????

I would love to overhear what would be said in each interview.

One of the questions could possibly be........ He much are you prepared to give.

I'm sure there's a few retired army hotshots with a foot in the grave and medals popping out their ears who'll be able to take control of education. They're the exact people capable of reforming education so the next few generations of thais will be well educated and aware of the world around them.

38 minutes ago, colinneil said:

Natapol has said he has yet to study documents, and he will interview nominees one by one.????

One of the questions could possibly be........ He much are you prepared to give.

1. Are we related?

2. Can you tie your shoelaces?

1 hour ago, geoffbezoz said:

No doubt the shortlist of potential candidates will be those who can count to 20 without using their fingers ????

I'm sure that the arithmetic will involve many more digits, and many more zeros, than that!

46 minutes ago, colinneil said:

You never know, it could be an area where they are organised, as corruption is part of life.

Perhaps all the nominees leave an envelope with a sealed bid. The successful applicant is announced after all the envelopes have been opened and checked to find the highest bidder.

49 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

You never know, it could be an area where they are organised, as corruption is part of life.

Perhaps all the nominees leave an envelope with a sealed bid. The successful applicant is announced after all the envelopes have been opened and checked to find the highest bidder.

All cynicism aside, it probably is very similar to how you describe.

The bids are 'put out to tender' & after the envelopes are opened, they most likely have 'post-tender negotiations'.

With the latter, 2 companies (or people) are allowed to increase their bid.

Comical almost, but in reality, not.

31 minutes ago, Emdog said:

Now that they're retiring, they can use the time to get that high school diploma. Win win

Oh, I'm sure that they will be far too busy. With all the plans to reform and restructure the education service, they will be called upon to sit on many committees , sent on many fact finding missions to numerous far flung resorts - I mean locations -, and have to get to grips with the equipment and facilities made available to them to continue their service in retirement

Archived