1 year free visa for Chinese and Indian tourists to be proposed to cabinet

webfact

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Fex Bluse said:

To insult us further, they

1. claim that rich Indians and Chinese are the ones who will care about visa fee waivers

2. Then they allow hoardes of these low quality people in who break the law in significant numbers

3. Then they try to tell us TM30 will tighten national security and lump farang expats in with the low quality tourists they beg to visit Thailand. 

Please explain what you mean by a low quality person...

6 minutes ago, JWRC said:

Please explain what you mean by a low quality person...

Sure, but only after you explain Thailand's frequent use of the the term "high quality tourists/foreigners". 

Low quality should be whatever the former isn't. ????

It is not difficult to understand really.

Thailand is part of what is known as IndoChina.

The Thais have basically half Indian and half Chinese blood to begin with.  This of course explains both the cunning and the stupidity at the same time.  

Those in the know will tell you that farang are tolerated, at best.

32 minutes ago, mercman24 said:

i have never seen thais sharing a bottle of beer, they do share a bottle of Hong Thong

Go to Patty and uou will see it, as I did. 3 guys with 1 bottle and 3 glasses

Not really well written article

Does the proposal mean that Chinese and Indian tourists still have to get a Visa before entering, but that this Visa is without cost (Free Visa) ? I thought that there is a VOA available with a waived fee

Or will Chinese and Indians become Visa-exempt for stays up to 15 days (like most western countries for 30 day stays) ?  That could move the needle as it will be less hassle to enter 

3 hours ago, sirineou said:

2000 bht =$64

I don't mean to sound condescending and every litle bit helps, but any tourist who would make a vacation decision on $64 usd savings........

You are talking about a nation whose people haggle over the price of a bottle of water.

4 hours ago, gunderhill said:

you dont  already  know  the  answer?

From the proposed introduction of road safety demerit points to the waiving of visa fees to favoured ethnicities, it's clear that the advisors to the Thai Government are bat shit crazy. 

There have been a number of comments and reports about the headline of this particular news article.

Please consider the following from the Forum Rules:

The ThaiVisa News Team gathers and disseminates news bulletins from Thai and International sources, and republishes them in the News Forums for our members' information and enjoyment. Our News Team works hard to bring quality content to the News Forums, and should be respected for their efforts.
Comments such as "slow news day" or "clickbait headline" are neither respectful nor welcome on the forum, and will be considered as troll comments and removed and the offending poster warned and/or suspended accordingly.
Except as otherwise indicated in the byline, news bulletins are reprinted verbatim from a mass media source which has given TV permission to use its feed. 
Original articles, especially in the Thai press, often have grammatical mistakes or misspellings. ThaiVisa is not responsible for these nor does ThaiVisa have the rights to alter content it is reprinting from another source. Similarly, ThaiVisa is not responsible for any opinions reflected  or quoted in reprinted news stories.

2 hours ago, finnishmen said:

goverment have true idiot, chinese have giver to thailand lot lot problem,same indians, but europeans peoples need free vbisa because give to thailand lot lot more money ewery year than chinese and indians newer.

Now is this is true and the law is adopted,  we all have to make a petition also for ask Visa free one year with not deposit bank, if we not make this we are also idiots....

Many seem to be jealous of this. Thai govt need tourist and not farang bagpackers who hardly take a shower once a day and sip a beer bottle for 2-3 hours on nonsense discussions ????

Many seem to be too old or mentally in a superiority complex to realize the global changes.

13 minutes ago, mike1967 said:

I think it's all brilliant. I've needed a kick up the arse to get away from Thailand. I've wanted to get my own back for ages and the Thais have managed to do the job for me. Keep up the bad work Thailand ????????????

Go fast rather then wait ????

9 minutes ago, Thaifriends said:

Go fast rather then wait ????

I've left already. Unfortunately my next trip involves meeting friends in Bangkok for 2 days (really don't want to be adding to the tourist figures) then we're all off to Cambodia then possibly the Philippines. Feeling excited for the first time in a long time.

Archived