1 year free visa for Chinese and Indian tourists to be proposed to cabinet

webfact

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I lived in India for a couple of years. During this time I also visited Malaysia monthly as we also had a large factory there.

It's true many Indians like to visit Malaysia which has a large mainly South Indian ethnic population. It's also true that many many overstayed and tried to work and live there. If you arrived in KLIA behind an Indian flight the immigration would be longer because the officers were diligently checking for where staying, return flight, funds etc etc.

Maybe not the same nowadays as that was 16 years ago. But I somehow think that they might suddenly find the Indian population here increasing!

30 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

Maybe not the same nowadays as that was 16 years ago. But I somehow think that they might suddenly find the Indian population here increasing!

And just about all of them want to open a Indian restaurant..

the amount of racial slur on TV concerning anything regarding indians / chinese is pure appalling. Feel for the admin who has to like dedicate a field day at trying to keep things civil. 

Certain folks probably feel that Thailand owes them a favor just because of their mere presence! Honestly some of you guys are so full of yourself that without you - LOS could be lot more cleaner in general. You guys deserve the rented attic in your home country you came from !

On 8/15/2019 at 4:22 AM, garyk said:

I am a little confused why numbers from India are up? Anyone have a clue why?

I seem to remember a few years back that TAT stated a change in policy that they would be directing marketing to Asia rather than the west, and in particular India. They made some comments about too many drunk westerners.

To make things a bit clearer to addled brains posting here the waiver of 2000 baht visa fee will attract tourists to make more trips to Thailand. The visa fee might appear small in USD terms but in rupee terms it's about Rs.5000. Anyway it's equivalent to 2 days' room tariff in a decent economy-class Bangkok hotel.  And as the baht continues to strengthen that equation only gets tougher whether it's the dollar, yuan or rupee. Abolishing visa fee is a measure that should be applied to all nationalities. That would help boost overall arrivals. But wait for the alcohol to drain out before you wrap your head around such simplicities.

So, Thailand now following Vietnam's example. As from January 2019, visitors from 24 countries worldwide are exempt from needing a tourist visa if staying in Vietnam LESS THAN 15 DAYS. These countries include the UK, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Italy, Norway, Spain, Sweden and ASEAN members. For the full list see "Tourist Visa Exemptions Vietnam". For reference, the USA, Netherlands, Belgium, Australia and New Zealand are NOT on the list.

On 8/15/2019 at 6:37 PM, ousaou said:

The main reason why the main land Chinese are coming less to Thailand is the problems between China and the US. Even though the Chinese government statistics are questionable, the Chinese GDP is around 2%, the lowest in years. The Chinese currency is devalued to counteract the US tariffs. Last the unemployment is up. China is been hurt by the US.

Good morning Donald. Twitter down today?

32 minutes ago, Burma Bill said:

So, Thailand now following Vietnam's example. As from January 2019, visitors from 24 countries worldwide are exempt from needing a tourist visa if staying in Vietnam LESS THAN 15 DAYS. These countries include the UK, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Italy, Norway, Spain, Sweden and ASEAN members. For the full list see "Tourist Visa Exemptions Vietnam". For reference, the USA, Netherlands, Belgium, Australia and New Zealand are NOT on the list.

Vice versa actually. If you note the dates in the OP, this a proposed extension to a scheme embracing 19 countries which has been running since 6th November 2018.

I do think they should include Americans though, on condition that they spend the first 7 days of the 15 cleaning up all the devastation they left there in terms of unexploded ordnance and chemical agents which are still killing people daily. Same goes for Cambodia and Laos.

Archived