'Collaborators' are undermining Britain's Brexit bet, PM says

webfact

8 hours ago, Samui Bodoh said:

I have said it before and will say it again...

Never before have I seen a country so utterly determined to shoot itself in the crotch

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The more I see of Boris, latterly as a TV host, the more I am convinced he is leading Brexiters up the garden path. 

Behind the pseudo-Churchillian bravado and bluster, he must know that with half the country, most of Parliament and EU determined we shall remain in membership the chances of exiting by October 31 are negligible.

But this will not bother Boris - who must be desperately hoping we have all forgotten he voted for the egregious defeated Withdrawal Deal last time around. 

To him, I fear, Brexit is nothing more than a stepping stone towards the ultimate objective of a chequered political creer.  

As the dust of the Brexit debacle clears, he is banking on being seen not as just another politican who failed to deliver on his promises, but as a hero who lost a valiant champion of democracy who fought to to deliver The Will of The People against insuperable odds.

The stage will then be set for him to call a general election, take the Labour opposition to the cleaners and lead a grateful, conned country to supposedly sunnier EU uplands.

Believe me, never in my life have I wished to be more wrong about anything.

49 minutes ago, Krataiboy said:

The more I see of Boris, latterly as a TV host, the more I am convinced he is leading Brexiters up the garden path. 

Behind the pseudo-Churchillian bravado and bluster, he must know that with half the country, most of Parliament and EU determined we shall remain in membership the chances of exiting by October 31 are negligible.

But this will not bother Boris - who must be desperately hoping we have all forgotten he voted for the egregious defeated Withdrawal Deal last time around. 

To him, I fear, Brexit is nothing more than a stepping stone towards the ultimate objective of a chequered political creer.  

As the dust of the Brexit debacle clears, he is banking on being seen not as just another politican who failed to deliver on his promises, but as a hero who lost a valiant champion of democracy who fought to to deliver The Will of The People against insuperable odds.

The stage will then be set for him to call a general election, take the Labour opposition to the cleaners and lead a grateful, conned country to supposedly sunnier EU uplands.

Believe me, never in my life have I wished to be more wrong about anything.

Never say I didn’T warn Brexiteers on this forum not to trust Alexander Boris (man of the people) De Pfefl Johnson.

2 hours ago, Krataiboy said:

Seeing as you know how to stop it, maybe you should tell the likes of Dominic Grieve. Because every time they are asked exactly how they can stop it, they avoid the question and start going off on a tangent about cliff edges, crashing out, unicorns etc.

The reality is that it is going to be extremely difficult to stop it and they know it. That's why remainers and the EU are now panicking.

8 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Seeing as you know how to stop it, maybe you should tell the likes of Dominic Grieve. Because every time they are asked exactly how they can stop it, they avoid the question and start going off on a tangent about cliff edges, crashing out, unicorns etc.

The reality is that it is going to be extremely difficult to stop it and they know it. That's why remainers and the EU are now panicking.

The EU are not panicking.

9 hours ago, Jip99 said:

a) The mandate for Brexit does not come from parliament, it comes from the people.

b) Parliaments job is to execute that mandate.

a) The mandate for a form of Brexit was voted for by 51,88%. 48,11% voted for only ONE variety: REMAIN.

WHICH type of Brexit ? According all Brexiteers, it would be easy to get a magnificent deal with the EU, not the slightest hard, even GBP 350 mln./week to the NHS...  The reality is, the British cannot agree in whatever form of Brexit. A No Deal, whatever consewquences or... everyone, who opens his mouth pre=Remain has the leave the countery fo will be executed or a Norway deal or a Swiss deal or a May deal or... .. ?? 

So, what is against e secodn treferendum, to ask the people of teh UK 9 England) WGHICHJ of the possible deals they want ? or.. is it the fear, finally the majority of the British are aware of all the lies, cheats, untruths etc of the Brexiteers and want to get "of that road to disaster/glory"?

b) parliament's job is to do what is in the benefit for the long run for the whole people, never for the 50% +1.

Therefore it is the task of the MP's to do, what they believe is right, correct and just. That can be a complete turn half way. In Europe they call that "democracy". 

9 hours ago, bristolboy said:

Right. Because it's only Nancy Pelosi, the Speaker of the House of Representatives and leader of the Democratic majority, who said so. What is her word compared to that of John Bolton, or, for that matter, Donald Trump's?

Again, a Brexiteer, who is not able to search on Internet and get the REAL info.

See in Google with "US congress, senate members Brexit", and your comment is proven to be a Brexiteer - comment: "LIES "! 

9 hours ago, kingdong said:

cameron made it clear before the referendum his government would honour the result,he then went on to spend nearly 10 million ponds of taxpayers money on a project fear leaflet delivered to every house hold in the uk,[don,t recollect the leave party recieving state funding to put their point of view over} so wheres the "electoral fraud"?

At least one point was correct: the collapse of the GBP: from € 1,40 to now € 1,085.

You know what every waiter in the EU says of British tourists?  "one coke, 4 straws... "

7 hours ago, evadgib said:

Much of the nonsense currently doing the rounds seems to have been manufactured as a stocking-filler for the 'no news' month of August. If BJ needs a 'get-out-of-jail' card all he need do is withdraw any opposition to the Tilbrook case and we'll all have a Bobby Ewing moment, having already left the EU on 29th March.

Supports my earlier post:

9 hours ago, kingdong said:

cameron made it clear before the referendum his government would honour the result,he then went on to spend nearly 10 million ponds of taxpayers money on a project fear leaflet delivered to every house hold in the uk,[don,t recollect the leave party recieving state funding to put their point of view over} so wheres the "electoral fraud"?

Cameron’s government is long gone.

Glad to fill the gap in your grasp of Brexit realities, here’s the electoral fraud:

https://www.electoralcommission.org.uk/media-statement-vote-leave

26 minutes ago, puipuitom said:

a) The mandate for a form of Brexit was voted for by 51,88%. 48,11% voted for only ONE variety: REMAIN.

WHICH type of Brexit ? According all Brexiteers, it would be easy to get a magnificent deal with the EU, not the slightest hard, even GBP 350 mln./week to the NHS...  The reality is, the British cannot agree in whatever form of Brexit. A No Deal, whatever consewquences or... everyone, who opens his mouth pre=Remain has the leave the countery fo will be executed or a Norway deal or a Swiss deal or a May deal or... .. ?? 

So, what is against e secodn treferendum, to ask the people of teh UK 9 England) WGHICHJ of the possible deals they want ? or.. is it the fear, finally the majority of the British are aware of all the lies, cheats, untruths etc of the Brexiteers and want to get "of that road to disaster/glory"?

b) parliament's job is to do what is in the benefit for the long run for the whole people, never for the 50% +1.

Therefore it is the task of the MP's to do, what they believe is right, correct and just. That can be a complete turn half way. In Europe they call that "democracy". 

Rubbish.

The vote was to LEAVE.

The PM of the day said “Leave means Leave”.

Both major parties were last elected on a manifesto to the deliver Brexit.

You have no idea what democracy is.

5 hours ago, Jip99 said:

No!  European is not an identity, it is a geographical area....... of which I am very fond.

I am English.

Then British.

Then (when I lived in the UK and Spain) European.

In that order.  ALWAYS in that order.

With some luck, you are soon an Englishman in England. BMW-Mini to Europe, together with a LOT of other jobs, Schengen visum to cross the border, as Scotland + N+S Ireland will be EU. And the GBP = € 0,??.. so no money to be able to travel abroad.

As living in Breda - Netherlands, I feel the same at home when I am shopping in Hoogstraten, in the hospital of Brasschaat or sight-seeing in Antwerp ( all in Belgium) … after crossing the "very strongly fortified" border… ( pity, only at a few restaurants ).  1 1/2 h by car I am in Lille, 2 h in Cologne. Same friendly people.

border between Belgium and Netherlands.jpg

6 minutes ago, Jip99 said:

Rubbish.

The vote was to LEAVE.

The Labour Party stood on a manifesto pledge for a Brexit that would protect jobs, workers rights, work place, environmental protections, and national security.

No deal Brexit is the antithesis of the Labour manifesto.

2 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

The Labour Party stood on a manifesto pledge for a Brexit that would protect jobs, workers rights, work place, environmental protections, and national security.

No deal is not the declared objective of anyone - except the Brexit party. Even Boris wants a deal........ having a deal, or not having a deal, is now down to the EU. Parliament could not agree the May/EU deal so movement is required if there is to be a Boris/EU deal.

6 minutes ago, puipuitom said:

With some luck, you are soon an Englishman in England. Nissan to Europe, together with a LOT of other jobs, Schengen visum to cross the border, as Scotland + N+S Ireland will be EU. And the GBP = € 0,??.. so no money to be able to travel abroad.

Even more rubbish!

You have clearly bought into Project Fear.

You go and worry about you and your country (or the EU if you are a “European’) and I will worry about me and mine.

15 minutes ago, Jip99 said:

Rubbish.

The vote was to LEAVE.

50% + 1 of the seats, even when got that seat with 1 vote more than any other candidate in that barony, rules the country as a dictator.

New form of Boris-Leave: execute all who are against… == LEAVE.. 

sometimes.. somebody else takes the decissions.jpg

1 minute ago, Jip99 said:

No deal is not the declared objective of anyone - except the Brexit party. Even Boris wants a deal........ having a deal, or not having a deal, is now down to the EU. Parliament could not agree the May/EU deal so movement is required if there is to be a Boris/EU deal.

Tell that to the ERG.

https://www.theparliamentaryreview.co.uk/news/erg-will-continue-to-vote-down-withdrawal-agreement-mark-francois-warns

1 minute ago, puipuitom said:

50% + 1 of the seats, even when got that seat with 1 vote more than any other candidate in that barony, rules the country as a dictator.

New form of Boris-Leave: execute all who are against… == LEAVE.. 

sometimes.. somebody else takes the decissions.jpg

Do you bother to read what you write before posting?

Your credibility might improve if you did so.

13 hours ago, Kadilo said:

So the EU have outbluffed him so now it’s time to blame someone else. 

Exactly - his strategy is embarrassingly transparent - 99% of economists out there will have told him he's barking so that when he has led the UK into a disaster, he thinks his fallback will be to blame others. The EU won't talk to us blah blah blah (as he pulls diplomats out of meetings!!)

In his mind, he has lined up a string of excuses and others to blame to ensure nothing sticks to Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson only that's now been rumbled. (Though his sheep will no doubt fall for that as well)

Sadly for him in the last few days I've seen at least half a dozen columnists who have highlighted this amateur strategy in full blown colour.

1 minute ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Again, I would agree, I don’t think ERG has done the prospect of a deal any favors. To be fair, the May deal was dreadful and would have passed through parliament even with the support of ERG and a few of his mates.

That said, if I was responsible for delivering Brexit, I would want ERG in my team.

12 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

What a joke, Jeremy Corbyn stood on a platform in 2015 denouncing the EU for ruining workers rights.

The Labour Party no longer knows what it stands for. The Eurosceptic Corbyn is suddenly a born again Europhile, all praise Corbyn.

Not sure anyone except the Brexiteer cheerleaders here are going to buy that old sock with a hole in it.

Sent from my SM-N935F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Maybe he could start by putting on the negotiating table a comprehensive draft text of an agreement that would be acceptable for the UK. Because the past three years have proven that you don’t get what you want by only telling what you do not want.......... 

We are way beyond that now. The EU have had three years but are still saying “Non”. They failed with the collaberateur May and her Surrender Treaty but are still recalcitrant even in the face of No Deal.
It’s time to simply Leave No Deal. They can try to come up with something when we are completely extricated from the EU clutches.

Archived