Bangkok Bank documents for extension to stay using 65,000 baht method, Khon Kaen

I'm using the 65,000 baht method for my extension to stay. Khon Kaen immigration said I need two documents from the bank, one confirming international transfers the other current account status. The immigration officer said I need to show 12 months of international transfers, no leniency this year. That was as of two months ago so by now that may have changed or another IO may have a different view.

For me this means the confirmation documents from two Bangkok Bank accounts in two different provinces to show 12 months x 65,000 baht international transfers. Even though my Khon Kaen account has monthly transfers going back to January I need the confirmations for the last three months of 2018 from the distant branch (still in Esahn) to satisfy the IO. My bank books together clearly show at least 65,000/month for 12 months with the FTT code.

It's my understanding the document confirming international transfers is requested by me at the local branch and the request is sent off to bank HQ in Bangkok then I need to return in about seven days to receive the document. This would be a bit of a pain since it would require two three hour round trips driving to the other province. And I will be on a tight schedule to get it all done in time.

On to my questions:

Is it possible to Visit Bangkok Bank Silom with my bank books and get it all done there in one visit?

or the preferred method:

Is it possible to request documents for a Bangkok Bank in another province from my local Bangkok Bank?

I'm currently out of the country so I can't visit the bank and check myself.

1 hour ago, KeeTua said:

Is it possible to Visit Bangkok Bank Silom with my bank books and get it all done there in one visit?

Based on the dozen or so posts on this matter I'd say no. The minimum wait-time I've seem posted was one day (next working day). with other mentiones of two, three and five days. I was able to get a six-month letter at my branch with next day service. They also said they can issue six, twelve and twenty-four month letters, but who knows, they may have been referring to "statements" rather than QFT letter(s)?

1 hour ago, KeeTua said:

Is it possible to request documents for a Bangkok Bank in another province from my local Bangkok Bank?

Possibly, although Bangkok Bank is a bit less helpful, CS-wise, with out of branch services - example: SCB will issue a new passbook at any branch, while BBL requires one to visit their opening branch.

You could try making the request at your serving branch, and/or the HQ, via the phone. And ask for delivery by post.

While there have been one or two reports of a lack of leniency this year, maybe running under 2% based on posts, I think - unless you have knoweledge of multiple first-hand rejections for qulaifying foreign transfers fewer than twelve (12) - that you may have had a communications mis-fire. And since you appear to have twelve qualifying transfers, I'm not certain why you even bring this up?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, gunderhill said:

nice, what was the exact date they introduced this  new requirement? was it exactly 12  months  ago? i dont think so

I want to say something like 18 December 2018, in Thai. With other postings in English dated Dec. 21 and Dec 26, 2018.

Translations followed dated "January 2019".

The leniency "directive" has dates of Dec 26, 2018 and Jan. 4, 2019.

Confusion arises both from the vagueness of the term "leniency", that the directive was issued by a previously disgraced Imm head, and conflation with the demand that "next year" (that is to say, the next extension after a lenient one), you must show twelve months.

33 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

While there have been one or two reports of a lack of leniency this year, maybe running under 2% based on posts, I think - unless you have knoweledge of multiple first-hand rejections for qulaifying foreign transfers fewer than twelve (12) - that you may have had a communications mis-fire. And since you appear to have twelve qualifying transfers, I'm not certain why you even bring this up?

Thanks for the feedback.

Definitely no communications mis-fire. The IO made a point of writing down and then counting off each of the months going back to September 2018.

I do have 12 qualifying months, the reason I bring it up is this is a first-hand report and a heads-up to others using KK immigration to be prepared. But as I pointed out in the original post it was two months ago and subject to change.

Are there any first-hand reports out of Khon Kaen immigration that they are showing leniency or lack of this year?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, WalkingOrders said:

I will give my own experience

Did you have to obtain a same-day account ownership/balance letter, presumably from the branch at Div. 1/CW (basement)?

Your BBL doc list included....????

six months of statements? more? certified/stamped?

Qualifying Foreign Transfer letter detailing up to twelve (12) most recent transfers (date, FC amount, FX rate, THB, then totaled)?

Associated Credit Advice/Receipts for each QFT?

Copies of bankbook? or original?

Same day account ownership letter with balance, offical/stamped?

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

Not sure what Khon Kaen immigration may be requiring now. 

I asked my local Bangkok Bank branch about a letter showing the transfers and they had no clue what it was. I showed them this one as an example. Example-BankLetter-Monthly-Deposits.pdf

My local branch here in Ubon were able to request a one year bank statement from Bangkok for my account in Pattaya (took a week to get). Then in one visit I requested a standard bank letter confirming my account and a one month statement showing my most recent transfer while I waited for it. Immigration here accepted my bank statements showing all my transfers were "Foreign T/T transfers and the standard bank letter when I applied for my extension last week. They took copies of my bank book as well.

Not sure what my local offices policy is for not having a full year of transfers are since I had over a year of them to show.

As far as Khon Kaen wanting a full year I suggest you check with them again. They might of gotten the message from immigration division 4 recently that less than a year is allowed after one our members contacted immigration in Bangkok about another office not accepting less than a year.

I don't think you will be able to get the letter in Bangkok in person while you wait for it. 

Thanks, that's good news that it may be possible for me to get documents from a Bangkok account outside of my province at a local branch if needed.

I'll check with Khon Kaen immigration to see if they got word to show some leniency this year and are willing to do so.

2 minutes ago, KeeTua said:

I'll check with Khon Kaen immigration to see if they got word to show some leniency this year and are willing to do so.

As it doesn't impact you I'm not sure how valid the data point would be?

But if it makes you feel like you're helping, go for it.

Better data points would individuals who have been rejected or approved with fewer than twelve QFT's. Right?

16 minutes ago, Henryford said:

Can anyone be arsed meeting these complex requirements? Just put 800k in the bank, sorted.

Good point. That's the plan for next year. At 65,000/month I have a monthly surplus and it won't be long until it gets close enough 800K. I'll bump it up to 800K 3 months (to be on the safe side) before the next extension.

1 minute ago, mtls2005 said:

As it doesn't impact you I'm not sure how valid the data point would be?

But if it makes you feel like you're helping, go for it.

Better data points would individuals who have been rejected or approved with fewer than twelve QFT's. Right?

Data point would be that if they are showing leniency this year I won't need to bother getting the documents from my Bangkok Bank account in another province to show a full 12 months.

5 minutes ago, KeeTua said:

Data point would be that if they are showing leniency this year I won't need to bother getting the documents from my Bangkok Bank account in another province to show a full 12 months.

OK, so you are going to attempt an extension of stay based on income by first presenting fewer than twelve months QFTs? Then what?

"Leniency" wasn't meant to address a paucity of documentation, or challenges in obtaining said documentation. It was meant to address those who faced renewals in the first 3-11 months of this year as they were unaware of the requirement until, roughly, January of this year.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

Did you have to obtain a same-day account ownership/balance letter, presumably from the branch at Div. 1/CW (basement)?

Your BBL doc list included....????

six months of statements? more? certified/stamped?

Qualifying Foreign Transfer letter detailing up to twelve (12) most recent transfers (date, FC amount, FX rate, THB, then totaled)?

Associated Credit Advice/Receipts for each QFT?

Copies of bankbook? or original?

Same day account ownership letter with balance, offical/stamped?

It went like this: When I told Central Corp Bangkok bank that immigration wanted 12 statements and wanted them stamped. THey told me this...point blank: "WE DO NOT DO THAT. If immigration has a problem here is the number direct to me." Immigration was satisfied when I relayed this info. They gave me 6 months and a cover which appeared to be an itemized list showing that these were foreign xfrs in - the amounts- dates, and total amount for 12 months. As for bankbook I showed original (you must bring your bankbook) and it was updated THAT DAY before going to immigration. RE associated credit ? receipts for each QFT? I do not understand what you are talking about. My funds are Direct Deposit to a Direct deposit account with Bangkok bank Direct from U.S. Gov source. I showed what I mentioned and thats it.  The cover was signed by the bank representative. As complex as this may sound, it actually was not to much trouble. The only issue was Immigration telling me to update my book downstairs at Bangkok bank branch downstairs at cheng Wattana. So I did. Everyone friendly no panic. Stay calm . Make no demands. Wai.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Henryford said:

Can anyone be arsed meeting these complex requirements? Just put 800k in the bank, sorted.

Still remains a pain in the butt with stupid restrictions far away from real life situation.

In my real life I travel at least 2x one month out of Thailand, fly biz class, pay at least 30 nights hotel + food with my Europe based credit card (which I use world wide)

Thus blocking 800K baht for the sake of some people who fack the system whilst the way I spend my money is satisfactory to myself but not to Thailand.

So far I have used the embassy letter with proof of my income since 2002, I now read signals some immigration offices don't accept the proof of income attached to the embassy letter and I would need the 800k for 2 months in a Thai bank. My extension expires 03 November.

I do consider a fixed account, could have all set up by next week, but if that is the only way that's left, believe me, I have had it with this downwards country.

Unfortunately I am raising the daughter of my partner's brother since she is a few months young, I can not be her legal father thus can not take her outside Thailand.

I now fancy other countries and feel locked in in an unfriendly country.

I built a house and bought an expensive car, all expended, just would like to pack and leave...

OP….  May I suggest that you have a look at the post which I generated last week (6th) entitled WAR & PEACE ! which details my experience trying to get the necessary documents from Bangkok Bank (HQ) in Bangkok in order to support my forthcoming renewal of extension of stay based upon retirement via the 65,000 BHT per month method. 

As you will see my funds are transferred from the UK in GBP and held by Bangkok Bank HQ in a Foreign Currency Deposit Account (FCDA).

As I soon discovered the major problem with Bangkok Bank’s system is that they are only able to produce statements upon request going back 6 months.  This appears to have also been confirmed by other members who have also requested statements at their local branches.  If you want anything going back further than 6 months they can provide it, but it seems that they have to a manual search which can take some considerable time.  Hence some people have been told that it may take a week to obtain this information.

As I said, my funds are sent, and held, as GBP.  The system may be different for those having their funds exchanged to THB either in their home country or when the funds arrive here, but again other members have indicated that they have experienced similar problems in trying to get a statement just showing amounts transferred and confirmation of transfer method.

From my experience, I discovered that the key documents turned out to be the Credit Advice Note (CAN) which the bank can provide and details your funds ‘journey’, including the method of transfer e.g. SWIFT. (see example in my post WAR & PEACE).

Again, the bank can provide CAN's almost instantaneously, but only for the past 6 months (these are FREE).  Anything further back than 6 months will take longer to provide and will incur a charge. 

As you will see from my previous post. I had recently set up a notification request that Bangkok Bank send me an email when my funds arrive.  Attached to the email is a pdf which is a copy of the CAN, so now I only need to save the pdf’s and then print them out next year when I need to do my extension renewal.

AS you will also see, my local Immigration Office (Nakhon Pathom) accepted the bank letter confirming my FCDA which showed the total amount (GBP) transferred during the past 12 months.  More importantly the Immigration Officer accepted the copies of the previous 12 months CAN.

Hope this information helps and good luck.

Edited by 007 RED
Typo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

My experience at Chonburi/Jomtien was that my branch of BB had not done an itemised list of International Transfers before but did one for 6mths based on 6mth bankbook and credit advices which TI accepted the next day and the nearest BB to TI did the 100 BAHT deposit and bankbook sign off on the day of attendance at TI. Well worthwhile doing the income method as no deposit needed all year.

If I had to do a 800/400k deposit route I would use a reputable agent!

This is good information I’m saving this article. This is why I always pull a copy of my credit advices from my local SCB branch every month the day after payday as well as my monthly bank statements after I receive my monthly pension payments.

1 hour ago, 007 RED said:

OP….  May I suggest that you have a look at the post which I generated last week (6th) entitled WAR & PEACE ! which details my experience trying to get the necessary documents from Bangkok Bank (HQ) in Bangkok in order to support my forthcoming renewal of extension of stay based upon retirement via the 65,000 BHT per month method. 

As you will see my funds are transferred from the UK in GBP and held by Bangkok Bank HQ in a Foreign Currency Deposit Account (FCDA).

As I soon discovered the major problem with Bangkok Bank’s system is that they are only able to produce statements upon request going back 6 months.  This appears to have also been confirmed by other members who have also requested statements at their local branches.  If you want anything going back further than 6 months they can provide it, but it seems that they have to a manual search which can take some considerable time.  Hence some people have been told that it may take a week to obtain this information.

As I said, my funds are sent, and held, as GBP.  The system may be different for those having their funds exchanged to THB either in their home country or when the funds arrive here, but again other members have indicated that they have experienced similar problems in trying to get a statement just showing amounts transferred and confirmation of transfer method.

From my experience, I discovered that the key documents turned out to be the Credit Advice Note (CAN) which the bank can provide and details your funds ‘journey’, including the method of transfer e.g. SWIFT. (see example in my post WAR & PEACE).

Again, the bank can provide CAN's almost instantaneously, but only for the past 6 months (these are FREE).  Anything further back than 6 months will take longer to provide and will incur a charge. 

As you will see from my previous post. I had recently set up a notification request that Bangkok Bank send me an email when my funds arrive.  Attached to the email is a pdf which is a copy of the CAN, so now I only need to save the pdf’s and then print them out next year when I need to do my extension renewal.

AS you will also see, my local Immigration Office (Nakhon Pathom) accepted the bank letter confirming my FCDA which showed the total amount (GBP) transferred during the past 12 months.  More importantly the Immigration Officer accepted the copies of the previous 12 months CAN.

Hope this information helps and good luck.

Red,  I wish to clarify what our differences are. I use a bank route for Bangkok bank in NYC. Tied to a direct deposit account at Bangkok bank. My funds come direct from US Gov agency, via the NYC route as a foreign transfer and the currency is changed to THB from USD at the prevailing rate. So my funds do not arrive as a foreign currency.  So I think I don't have the issues you were talking about. My account was set up by Bankgok bank iaw the current standards. It is a DD direct deposit account, under U.S. law, this account does not have a debit card. I must go direct to counter and withdraw funds. I can - if I wish - while at counter put them into a regular savings account at Bangkok bank that has a debit card. So this is a completely different circumstance then the method you would be using with Bangkok bank. I don't remember what country original poster was from on this topic.

Bangkok bank will NOT give a letter listing overseas payments. Had huge problems.they only gave six months statements all of which showed source as Bahtnet. Had to pay extra to get 12 months statements (all showing source as baht net) bank would not provide other documentation. IO refused to accept this, had to get letter from pension provider showing monthly transfers. These were closely scrutinised to show they were the same payments as those received. Eventually accepted. Now need to go back one month after renewal date to show statements again!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ecoscape said:

Bangkok bank will NOT give a letter listing overseas payments. Had huge problems.they only gave six months statements all of which showed source as Bahtnet. Had to pay extra to get 12 months statements (all showing source as baht net) bank would not provide other documentation. IO refused to accept this, had to get letter from pension provider showing monthly transfers. These were closely scrutinised to show they were the same payments as those received. Eventually accepted. Now need to go back one month after renewal date to show statements again!

As I say, we all have different methods of the funds arriving. I did have a letter showing my inbound deposits, and speparately and totalled, and 6 months statements and it was sufficient for immigration. along with my updated bankbook