Bangkok Bank documents for extension to stay using 65,000 baht method, Khon Kaen

12 hours ago, Matzzon said:

1 of jan 2019

No, the effective date was 1 March 2019. I'm surprised they said no leniency this year. When I was doing my extension in June the two women officers and woman civilian clerk all repeated to each other that headquarters had ordered leniency this year. Bad luck getting such <deleted> for your branch.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

The money in the bank option also comes with its own evidentiary requirements:

two or three month pre-ageing

same day activity/statement/proof of ownership

plus three month ageing

next pre-ageing

For those who have to return for the three month "check" I'd say the income method might be a bit less-arsed?

800k method:

2 months preageing before applying, 

same day activity/getting the bank letter/update bank book/ copies of the 2 last months + first page in the bank book.

3 month ageing.

If you can time next 90-days report with the 3 months ageing check, then it's quite smooth. 

There are no surprises using the 800k method compared to the >65k method. 

14 hours ago, 007 RED said:

OP….  May I suggest that you have a look at the post which I generated last week (6th) entitled WAR & PEACE ! which details my experience trying to get the necessary documents from Bangkok Bank (HQ) in Bangkok in order to support my forthcoming renewal of extension of stay based upon retirement via the 65,000 BHT per month method.

Thanks! A lot of useful information on that thread.

20 hours ago, Acharn said:

No, the effective date was 1 March 2019. I'm surprised they said no leniency this year. When I was doing my extension in June the two women officers and woman civilian clerk all repeated to each other that headquarters had ordered leniency this year. Bad luck getting such <deleted> for your branch.

The boss for Immigration in BKK said in several interviews that leniency should be shown during 2019, but from Jan 1 2020, immigration should do it by the book. Some IO have totally misunderstood what he said. 

• Like 1

On 8/15/2019 at 9:40 AM, Henryford said:

Can anyone be arsed meeting these complex requirements? Just put 800k in the bank, sorted.

Most of us don't HAVE 800 k to sit in a Thai bank. The alternative is to consult the "agency" inside immigration. For 14 thousand baht, you need not have ANY money in a Thai bank. You only need to show at least 65 thousand baht of monthly income. I got "red carpet" service and an extra three months tacked on to my extension of stay. The best 14K I ever spent. The old-fashioned "bribe conduit" is ready to serve your needs.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

The police order for income was issued in late December and went into effect when it was issued.

The police order for the money in the bank option for retirement extensions went into effect on March 1st.

Thanks for the correction. I got them confused because I have always used the income method, I guess. I'm grateful for your advice on these matters.

2 hours ago, KhunFred said:

Most of us don't HAVE 800 k to sit in a Thai bank. The alternative is to consult the "agency" inside immigration. For 14 thousand baht, you need not have ANY money in a Thai bank. You only need to show at least 65 thousand baht of monthly income. I got "red carpet" service and an extra three months tacked on to my extension of stay. The best 14K I ever spent. The old-fashioned "bribe conduit" is ready to serve your needs.

How do you show the 65k baht income?

On 8/15/2019 at 6:04 AM, gunderhill said:

nice, what was the exact date they introduced this  new requirement? was it exactly 12  months  ago? i dont think so

I am having a similar problem for the 40,000 baht for the marriage extension at Khampaeng Phet as the transfers only started in January and when I went yesterday I was about 9,xxx baht short for the Bangkok Bank of 7 months but OK when added to the KBank transfers over the year.

I had a pension payment come from TW yesterday and into BKK Bank today and she said comeback on Monday with a new bank letter and it should be OK.

I went today and got a new letter but stupidly forgot that the balance is not updated until after midnight. I have to go back tomorrow to get another statement for 100 baht and a 130 km round trip.

My sense of humour failure alarm has been going off all week.

Not one of my better weeks I am afraid.

On 8/15/2019 at 9:40 AM, Henryford said:

sorry wrong post

• Like 2

On 8/15/2019 at 2:54 PM, WalkingOrders said:

Man I am not trying to make this sound to complex. Go to the bank, get bank statements and cover letter, update your bankbook go to immigration get your extension. Done. Be aware the local bank sometimes can get confused. Its not difficult. I have been here now doing this for 3 years, not a lifetime, but its not difficult. I 90 day report online. don't listen to all the screamers saying Thailand is horrible. It's not. Sure it gets confusing because they do not speak English and generally we can not speak Thai. Culturally, they are trying to be polite while understanding about 1/2 of what we are saying. If you are patient you soon realize the Thai do not hate you, are not trying to get rid of you, or make you miserable. They simply get confused sometimes when trying to facilitate taking care of us, using OUR language when they can. I apologize if my previous posts have confused anyone. 

I have to disagree with you.

The basic problem is that there is NO single standard laid down for all the Immigration offices to follow. They are allowed to add extra bits of their own.

IMHO there should be only one standard across the nation and all Immigration offices should stick with it.

Again IMHO all the Immigration offices should go to a central data base and we expats should be allowed and encouraged to use a standardised USB memory stick and ALL the Immigration data bases should be standardised.

Paperwork would be down to zero, 90 day reports online, TM30 online and we should be allowed to do all this online, cutting out literally tons of waste paper.

If a visual actual appearance is necessary then book an online interview and BE there.

On 8/15/2019 at 4:42 PM, ecoscape said:

Bangkok bank will NOT give a letter listing overseas payments. Had huge problems.they only gave six months statements all of which showed source as Bahtnet. Had to pay extra to get 12 months statements (all showing source as baht net) bank would not provide other documentation. IO refused to accept this, had to get letter from pension provider showing monthly transfers. These were closely scrutinised to show they were the same payments as those received. Eventually accepted. Now need to go back one month after renewal date to show statements again!

You think you have a problem?

I am now in August.

This is past 6 months and less than 12 months.

BBL limited has a problem if you don't fit into 3 months, 6 months or 12 months.

• Like 1

On 8/15/2019 at 5:04 PM, Neeranam said:

Fyi. I was told that I couldn't do the 40k a month by ones officer and needed the 400 k in the bank for a marriage visa.

This is pure laziness as far as I can make out.

I am sure that is what I am doing in Khampaeng Phet but it shows the inconsistency of a non standard system nationwide.

• Like 1

On 8/15/2019 at 5:22 PM, Mel52 said:

I definitely want to save this topic it has a lot of really good information.

Warning.

This may affect your mental health.

My current change from retirement to marriage extension is driving me crazy.

5 hours ago, KhunFred said:

Unfortunately not all of the offices offer such a "service".

16 minutes ago, billd766 said:

I have to disagree with you.

The basic problem is that there is NO single standard laid down for all the Immigration offices to follow. They are allowed to add extra bits of their own.

IMHO there should be only one standard across the nation and all Immigration offices should stick with it.

Again IMHO all the Immigration offices should go to a central data base and we expats should be allowed and encouraged to use a standardised USB memory stick and ALL the Immigration data bases should be standardised.

Paperwork would be down to zero, 90 day reports online, TM30 online and we should be allowed to do all this online, cutting out literally tons of waste paper.

If a visual actual appearance is necessary then book an online interview and BE there.

You think you have a problem?

I am now in August.

This is past 6 months and less than 12 months.

BBL limited has a problem if you don't fit into 3 months, 6 months or 12 months.

What I don't understand is why Bangkok Bank in Khon Kaen doesn't have same routines as in for example BKK or Chonburi. Immigration offices have always done things different depending on province,but a big bank like Bangkok Bank should have same routines every where in Thailand.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, KhunFred said:

Most of us don't have 65,000 (1770 GBP) a month pension income. Many people working full time in the West don't get that net each month.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Henryford said:

Most of us don't have 65,000 (1770 GBP) a month pension income. Many people working full time in the West don't get that net each month.

No one has a god given right to retire to Thailand. If you can't afford to, you can't afford to.

I think that 65k baht/ month is a reasonable figure if you want to retire here. I certainly couldn't manage on that.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Thanks 1

Unfortunately not all of the offices offer such a "service".

Mental health? No actually reading this made me realize that I’ve been doing things right apparently anyway. Luckily I don’t have to do my next extension until January and I started abiding by the current rules in December last year so the timing was perfect. Now I use the international direct deposit program to my Thai bank account at SCB for my VA pension of over 100,000 baht a month. I like this system better than the old I like it A LOT BETTER THAN THE OLD SYSTEM!

Because getting documentation from my local SCB branch is A LOT easier than driving 5 hours to Bangkok once a year just to get that stupid income affidavit from the US embassy. Good riddance to the income affidavits if I had known last year how things were going to change I never would have worried about it for a second, I really do prefer the new immigration procedures better for income verification. Although it sounds like the OP was in an unusual situation because of where the OP lives the OP had to go out of his or her way to get the information that immigration needed.
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mel52 said:

Because getting documentation from my local SCB branch is A LOT easier than driving 5 hours to Bangkok once a year just to get that stupid income affidavit from the US embassy. Good riddance to the income affidavits if I had known last year how things were going to change I never would have worried about it for a second, I really do prefer the new immigration procedures better for income verification.

Very different for Brits. We just provided evidence of our income IN THE UK, to the British embassy, by post and recieved an income verification letter in return.

Although I did normally bring in more than 65k every month, I used a far more convenient and cheaper method of bringing cash in. Also if I returned for a visit to the UK, no need to send money to Thailand that month.

Far cheaper and easier before. I do miss the British Embassy's income letters.

• Like 1

Very different for Brits. We just provided evidence of our income IN THE UK, to the British embassy, by post and recieved an income verification letter in return.  

Although I did normally bring in more than 65k every month, I used a far more convenient and cheaper method of bringing cash in. Also if I returned for a visit to the UK, no need to send money to Thailand that month.

Far cheaper and easier before. I do miss the British Embassy's income letters.

If you guys were able to do it by mail then ok. But I prefer the current method better. And I use the international direct deposit program for my pension payments from the Department of Veterans Affairs to my SCB account because I’m retired US military which is totally free, I pay absolutely no transfer fees at all anymore except for the 200 baht receiving fee at SCB which I hardly ever even notice. If the British Embassy actually was verifying your income before giving you the letter then I wonder why the British Embassy was the first country to stop providing the letters in the first place, but I don’t care about those letters anymore I prefer just showing them my bank account records for me that’s easier. As long as you make at least the minimum monthly income requirement for your marriage or retirement extension you should be fine under the current system.

Sorry I just want to keep this post on top of my list because I found some information on here that I may want to refer to later. I even took some screenshots of some of this information just for future reference.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, DannyCarlton said:

No one has a god given right to retire to Thailand. If you can't afford to, you can't afford to.

I think that 65k baht/ month is a reasonable figure if you want to retire here. I certainly couldn't manage on that.

Is it just yourself you are supporting, or a Thai family as well.

1 hour ago, Mel52 said:

Sorry I just want to keep this post on top of my list because I found some information on here that I may want to refer to later. I even took some screenshots of some of this information just for future reference.

Up to the top right about the same level as the topic headline is a small tick box marked "follow". Click on that, follow the instructions and you will get a message every time somebody posts. 

Up to the top right about the same level as the topic headline is a small tick box marked "follow". Click on that, follow the instructions and you will get a message every time somebody posts. 

Well I’m mostly only interested in what the OP said and what ubonjoe said obviously.
  • Like 1