Bangkok Bank documents for extension to stay using 65,000 baht method, Khon Kaen

Unonjoe replied to the OP with some good information that could possibly save a lot of us some time before going to immigration for the next extension. I always try to keep in contact with him on this site. He’s the main reason why I stay subscribed to this site because of his information that he puts out it’s often extremely helpful.

It’s good information for future reference and it gives me a little more confidence knowing that I’m pretty much already doing everything right as far as I can tell for when I apply for my next extension in January 2020.

On 8/15/2019 at 3:06 PM, 007 RED said:

OP….  May I suggest that you have a look at the post which I generated last week (6th) entitled WAR & PEACE ! which details my experience trying to get the necessary documents from Bangkok Bank (HQ) in Bangkok in order to support my forthcoming renewal of extension of stay based upon retirement via the 65,000 BHT per month method. 

As you will see my funds are transferred from the UK in GBP and held by Bangkok Bank HQ in a Foreign Currency Deposit Account (FCDA).

As I soon discovered the major problem with Bangkok Bank’s system is that they are only able to produce statements upon request going back 6 months.  This appears to have also been confirmed by other members who have also requested statements at their local branches.  If you want anything going back further than 6 months they can provide it, but it seems that they have to a manual search which can take some considerable time.  Hence some people have been told that it may take a week to obtain this information.

As I said, my funds are sent, and held, as GBP.  The system may be different for those having their funds exchanged to THB either in their home country or when the funds arrive here, but again other members have indicated that they have experienced similar problems in trying to get a statement just showing amounts transferred and confirmation of transfer method.

From my experience, I discovered that the key documents turned out to be the Credit Advice Note (CAN) which the bank can provide and details your funds ‘journey’, including the method of transfer e.g. SWIFT. (see example in my post WAR & PEACE).

Again, the bank can provide CAN's almost instantaneously, but only for the past 6 months (these are FREE).  Anything further back than 6 months will take longer to provide and will incur a charge. 

As you will see from my previous post. I had recently set up a notification request that Bangkok Bank send me an email when my funds arrive.  Attached to the email is a pdf which is a copy of the CAN, so now I only need to save the pdf’s and then print them out next year when I need to do my extension renewal.

AS you will also see, my local Immigration Office (Nakhon Pathom) accepted the bank letter confirming my FCDA which showed the total amount (GBP) transferred during the past 12 months.  More importantly the Immigration Officer accepted the copies of the previous 12 months CAN.

Hope this information helps and good luck.

Why would you need proof of where the funds came from, where else could GBP (or USD, EUR) come from but abroad?

39 minutes ago, Mel52 said:

I just realized something today is the 22nd emoji38.png. Anyway good info I’ll save this information.

You do realize that you can bookmark this thread? 

No need to keep posting to keep at the top of the forum so you can "find" it.

And calendars often work well for determining today's date.

Yeah I know I probably need to figure out how to do that as well lol. But thanks [emoji106]

Lol you got me on that one that’s actually what I was trying to do is keep it on top of my participated topics that’s actually kind of funny. Thanks for the advice though.

You know if you don’t mind telling me how do you book mark it? I can probably figure it out but I’ve never book marked anything on this forum before so I honestly didn’t know that but thanks.

On 8/17/2019 at 9:13 PM, billd766 said:

Can anybody truly predict the forex of the future even as far as September 1st?

I have upgraded my Crystal Ball and Ouija Board to the latest water-cooled, high performance models...and even this cutting edge technology still gets the prediction wrong approximately 50% of the time regardless of the future date I'm interested in.   Still no better that the coin I use to flip to base my prediction on.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I have upgraded my Crystal Ball and Ouija Board to the latest water-cooled, high performance models...and even this cutting edge technology still gets the prediction wrong approximately 50% of the time regardless of the future date I'm interested in.   Still no better that the coin I use to flip to base my prediction on.

I’m not sure what you’re referring to but I’m sure eventually all the banks will be in sync with Immigration’s rules and they’re already getting there now as far as I can see after I spoke to my local immigration office about it a few times. I go to my bank once a month after payday to update my passbook, get my credit advices, and my bank statements. In January before I do my next extension I’ll probably have to get another letter from my local SCB branch as well to verify my monthly deposits from the VA coming from the United States. My military retirement pay still goes to our bank in the states with my wife’s Social Security payments but I have my VA Disability pension set up on the IDD program which is awesome I absolutely love the IDD program and that’s like 102,000 baht a month give or take a few thousand baht depending on the current months exchange rate which has been holding pretty steady lately. The exchange rate isn’t as good as it used to be but it’s still pretty good and it’s at least holding steady I’m happy with it. I’ve heard bad things about the British pound and the Australian Dollar though hopefully their currency will pickup some steam as well for our European and Australian friends as well.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If you live in Thailand full time the new income verification procedures and using a Thai bank account is really a win win situation for us foreigners and the Thai economy. I actually prefer it this way better than the old way.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Mel52 said:

If you live in Thailand full time the new income verification procedures and using a Thai bank account is really a win win situation for us foreigners and the Thai economy. I actually prefer it this way better than the old way.

Don't forget that only 4 embassies stopped issuing income letters. 

• Like 1

Don't forget that only 4 embassies stopped issuing income letters. 

Yes I am very well aware of that I’ve been living here for 5 years and I used to visit here for 10 years before retiring here and actually I’m glad they did. I prefer the new income verification procedures better than the income letters it saves me a lot of time and even money. So yeah I know and I’m glad. But that’s just me everyone’s situation is different but for me their system works well.
  • Like 2

Not to mention it also saves me a trip from Korat to Bangkok once a year just to pay $50 dollars for their stupid letter at the United States Embassy. So of course someone like me likes their new income verification procedures a lot better than the old way with the income affidavits. It made me nervous at first last year but once the new procedures were announced by immigration I was very glad because they never moved the goal post as some people like to say or changed their rules they merely just changed the income verification procedures for the 3 embassies actually that stopped providing the income letters. It’s the United States Embassy, the British Embassy, and it was the Australian Embassy of course. The Denmark Embassy I think they do still provide the income letters. I’m just over all satisfied with my personal situation though. And I do understand that it might not work out so nicely for everyone.

• Like 1

Actually how do you book mark it lol. I really am trying to figure that out right now seriously lol.

Maybe I can book mark it on the main website I’ll try that. But I’m definitely keeping this information. I already took screenshots of the important stuff anyway so I have it even if I lose this topic on my device.

That's some easy talk for someone who invented the production line.

Yeah I prefer using my monthly income because I’m not going to put $30,000 USD or really more than $10,000 USD in my Thai bank account. I’ll stick with my monthly income thanks, it’s more than enough anyway because I bring in over 100,000 baht a month into my Thai bank account. And that’s just one of my income sources. That’s just my VA Disability pension of more than 100,000 baht a month. I keep my military retirement pay and my wife keeps her Social Security income in our bank in the states as well as my Thrift Savings Plan and our savings in the United States. TSP is like a military IRA account which you can keep after retiring which I have and I’m still building it up it was a good decision to sign up for that when I was still a young Soldier 27 years ago and I still have my TSP.

I only transfer my VA Disability pension into my Thai bank account via the new International Direct Deposit program which I love! The IDD program is awesome and I highly recommend it to anyone who is eligible to use it if you are doing manual monthly transfers like I used to have to do. Now my Direct Deposit goes directly into my SCB account every month on payday once a month it’s really a great program. It saves me a lot of time trouble and money because it’s totally free with NO TRANSFER FEES OR LONG DISTANCE PHONE CALLS TO MY BANK!! [emoji106]
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I’m perfectly happy to promote the IDD program for the monthly income method because I am using it and it really is so much easier than doing it manually every month. Now it’s automatically Direct Deposited into my SCB account every month on payday. It’s really good and I hope everyone eligible for it is at least aware of that option.

And I still can’t figure out how to book mark this topic darn it. But I do recommend the IDD program if you are eligible for it and if you’re currently doing manual transfers to your Thai bank account because it really is a God send it saves you A LOT of time and money as well because it’s free IDD has no transfer fees because it’s for United States government pension payments IE Social Security, VA, and OPM.

For the VA it’s really easy to sign up for the International Direct Deposit Program I don’t know about the other two agencies. But you can have you’re VA Disability pension set up for IDD but not our DFAS military retirement pay. I actually receive both because I retired after 21 years of military service. So I still use our bank in the states and my local SCB account. So for me it works out very well for immigration and for our own personal financial situation it really does.

On 8/15/2019 at 9:40 AM, Henryford said:

Can anyone be arsed meeting these complex requirements? Just put 800k in the bank, sorted.

You are right, everyone in the world carries at least 800,000 baht in the pockets everyday.  Why didn't we all think of that sooner? Closed the thread. ???? 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, BoBoTheClown said:

You are right, everyone in the world carries at least 800,000 baht in the pockets everyday.  Why didn't we all think of that sooner? Closed the thread. ???? 

If you have worked for 40 years and decided to come and live in a foreign country you would be crazy not to have at least $27,000 to your name.

• Sad 1