Bangkok Bank documents for extension to stay using 65,000 baht method, Khon Kaen

13 hours ago, Mel52 said:

Not to mention it also saves me a trip from Korat to Bangkok once a year just to pay $50 dollars for their stupid letter at the United States Embassy. So of course someone like me likes their new income verification procedures a lot better than the old way with the income affidavits. It made me nervous at first last year but once the new procedures were announced by immigration I was very glad because they never moved the goal post as some people like to say or changed their rules they merely just changed the income verification procedures for the 3 embassies actually that stopped providing the income letters. It’s the United States Embassy, the British Embassy, and it was the Australian Embassy of course. The Denmark Embassy I think they do still provide the income letters. I’m just over all satisfied with my personal situation though. And I do understand that it might not work out so nicely for everyone.

I changed from retirement to a marriage extension with no 400,000 baht in the bank, just my pension income only, on Monday.

Up in Khampaeng Phet the IO wasn't interested in the pension letters or TransferWise statements, only in the income coming int the bank. I topped up my BKK bank book and the IO sent my wife over to get photocopies of the bankbook and I went off to the town branch of BKK bank to get a letter confirming that over 40,000 baht was paid into that account.

Such a PITA but necessary. Next year should be easier as I have learnt a lot from this year.

• Like 1

I changed from retirement to a marriage extension with no 400,000 baht in the bank, just my pension income only, on Monday.

Up in Khampaeng Phet the IO wasn't interested in the pension letters or TransferWise statements, only in the income coming int the bank. I topped up my BKK bank book and the IO sent my wife over to get photocopies of the bankbook and I went off to the town branch of BKK bank to get a letter confirming that over 40,000 baht was paid into that account.

Such a PITA but necessary. Next year should be easier as I have learnt a lot from this year.

That’s exactly what I do I use my monthly pension income only and that method works just fine for me
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys, going for renewal of retirement long stay - keep hearing about bank codes on transfer from my u.s bank to my thai ( KTB ) bank. what is the FTT code. Just want to make sure all my ducks are in a row when I go in to IO-

1 hour ago, john thom said:

Hi guys, going for renewal of retirement long stay - keep hearing about bank codes on transfer from my u.s bank to my thai ( KTB ) bank. what is the FTT code. Just want to make sure all my ducks are in a row when I go in to IO-

Foreign Telegraphic Transfer

3 hours ago, john thom said:

Just bear in mind, though, that FTT is the code used by Bangkok Bank. This is the KTB transaction code list:-

https://www.ktb.co.th/en/contact-us/others/personal/faq/transectioncode

As you will see it runs to multiple pages - but, if you enter the word FOREIGN in the search field, it comes up with a handful of codes - at least 1 of which will, hopefully, be relevant in your case.

Edited by OJAS

On 8/15/2019 at 9:40 AM, Henryford said:

Can anyone be arsed meeting these complex requirements? Just put 800k in the bank, sorted.

Yes, we should all go out and pick 800k off of the money trees we planted in our gardens last year and then deposit it into a Thai Bank.  Why we think of this before? Thanks Hennyford!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, BoBoTheClown said:

Yes, we should all go out and pick 800k off of the money trees we planted in our gardens last year and then deposit it into a Thai Bank.  Why we think of this before? Thanks Hennyford!

Anything that grows in your garden here in Thailand belongs to a Thai.

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, BoBoTheClown said:

You worked all your life and decided to retire to a foreign country without even $26000 to your name. You certainly live up to your forum name.

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Henryford said:

You worked all your life and decided to retire to a foreign country without even $26000 to your name. You certainly live up to your forum name.

Perhaps he has a property in his home country and a substantial income, plus pension. Some people absolutely reject leaving money sitting idle. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Anything that grows in your garden here in Thailand belongs to a Thai.

Regardless of whether or not sourced from a bountiful money tree, the 800k is, in any case, effectively owned by the Immigration Bureau for 5 months each year - as is 400k of it for the remaining 7 months.

Edited by OJAS

50 minutes ago, Henryford said:

46 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Perhaps he has a property in his home country and a substantial income, plus pension. Some people absolutely reject leaving money sitting idle. 

Plus he may not wish to run the risk of being the victim of a fraud perpetrated by a dishonest bank employee (of which 2 incidents have been reported on here in recent times) - which could result in his account being left short (temporarily at least until such time as he was suitably recompensed by his bank) of the required 800k or 400k (depending on the time of year) through no absolutely fault of his own, and, hence, in deep, deep, deep, deep doo-dah come the time of his next retirement extension application in all probability.

Edited by OJAS

On 8/17/2019 at 11:34 AM, DannyCarlton said:

Very different for Brits. We just provided evidence of our income IN THE UK, to the British embassy, by post and recieved an income verification letter in return.

Although I did normally bring in more than 65k every month, I used a far more convenient and cheaper method of bringing cash in. Also if I returned for a visit to the UK, no need to send money to Thailand that month.

Far cheaper and easier before. I do miss the British Embassy's income letters.

Totally concur. The cost of the embassy letter amounted to one month's difference between Transferwise and a SWIFT transfer through my UK bank.

As an aside. I do get a little aggravated with posters who sometimes seem to imply that using the income method is somehow less worthy than using 800k baht in a Thai bank. i didn't have to leave money in a bank when the embassy letters were available, why should I start now? 

6 minutes ago, sniggie said:

i didn't have to leave money in a bank when the embassy letters were available, why should I start now?

Because it became the easier option for some who in reality didn't have the income. In truth, if one can supply the bank letter support, and all transfers come in clearly as international, income, is less onerous than having to have large sums sitting in the bank untouched.

As recently as September Khon Kaen Immigration is requiring the full 12 months of 65K international transfers for the retirement extension.

My submitted proof of transfers:

Bangkok Bank document showing Oct-Dec 2018 transfers to old bank account in another province. I managed to get this doc at Bangkok Bank Khon Kaen for 100 baht but they said it was not a normal service. I did not reveal this document to the IO initially, it was only after the head IO said I needed 12 months of transfers that I pulled the document out.

A bank statement for my newer, local account showing all transactions going back 6 months printed and signed at Bangkok Bank. They said they could provide a statement going back further but it would take 3 days. I highlighted all the monthly 65K transfers Apr-Sept 2019. Because of the 6 month limit on statements Jan-Mar 2019 would not show on this statement.

I had been downloading statements from iBanking being sure to update every few months. I selected the date range where the previous statement ended. The result when printed was a clean looking statement going back 9 months. I highlighted all the 65K transfers. It included the transfers that the 6 month signed statement from Bangkok Bank did not include, Jan-Mar. The IO accepted this and included this statement in my packet with the other statements.

Bank book copies, main page with account number etc and all pages showing the international transfers. In my case two bank books from different provinces. I had been updating the books every 2-3 months.

Other items:

For TM30 I had used the phone app and did a screen capture showing my current TM30 submission. I cropped the screen capture, printed and stapled it into my passport. IO immediately double-checked my TM30 status on his computer.

IO recommended in the future going to the bank every 6 months to get a verified copy of my statement.

No need to prove source of income like pension.

I received my 1 year extension to stay.

At both Bangkok Bank and Immigration people were professional, patient and helpful.

A decent balance in my account, dressing respectfully and being polite at both bank and Immigration may have helped my chances for a good outcome, certainly didn't hurt.