Swindling cabby story goes viral after discovery of "Turbo Switch" under the dash

webfact

No one likes grifters and "why" is it that Thais attempt to do so? And I would love love to know "why" these Thais feel like ripping people off. Are you that hard-up OR is it in your makeup to scam people? Either way, you have some balls to attempt such....<deleted>.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When you depend upon tourism, the last thing you want to do is create dual pricing AND people taking advantage of tourists. Sooner or later it will get out and then your pea brain Thai thinking will ultimately cause tourists to go elsewhere.And the limited IQ does not see that.  I feel that tourism is expected to take advantage..And "if" you don't see why people are offended by that, then you have no bitching why people do not want to come there anymore.

Imagine your economy without the sex tourism..and yet the Junta is yet another hypocrite. Pathetic.

And yet again- when caught, a BS clapping of one's hands. The bottom line? I have seen overall an intention to screw tourists. And then, when they get caught, they bring heir hands together as if that changes things. The bottom line? Thai want to screw people or at least attempt to do so. So either opt out of any tourist venture or stop bitching about tourists:)

And when others forego Thailand for Vietnam or Cambodia, perhaps I or others would explain why that is. I truly feel sorry for people who attempt to make a living and who have nothing to do with the lack of tourism. They should not have their income go down the tubes. Obviously, not a simple issue...and I speak of those who try to make a living.....NOT the "grifters" who attempt to milk tourists ...and to those? - your lack of IQ does not understand that people will not will return. Perhaps the Thai Tourism wouldd welcome my expertise?

22 hours ago, observer90210 said:

What?!...people are still naive enough to use official Thai taxis instead of using GRAB ? 

I contacted Grab for a taxi from Ekamai to swampy and they wanted 490baht so I went by taxi meter for 195baht.

So even a return trip in the same cab would have saved me 100baht, but of course I am NAIVE !! 

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/15/2019 at 2:27 PM, Moonlover said:

And folks wonder why it is that when I go to Bangkok for any reason, I use the bus and sky train to get down town from DM.

I wouldn't trust a taxi driver there (or anywhere for that matter) for as far I could threw his taxi!

I even did the public transport route to visit Trendy twice not long after I'd fractured my leg and was still limping with a walking stick!

And I come and go from Suvarnabhumi or Don Mueang to lower Sukhumvit at least monthly and have done so for almost 20 years without any issues.

Seems to me you are dismissing a rather large portion of Thailand as dishonest.

Must be tough to live like that. 

On 8/18/2019 at 8:09 AM, TMNH said:

And yet again- when caught, a BS clapping of one's hands. The bottom line? I have seen overall an intention to screw tourists. And then, when they get caught, they bring heir hands together as if that changes things. The bottom line? Thai want to screw people or at least attempt to do so. So either opt out of any tourist venture or stop bitching about tourists:)

Considering this seems to have happened to thais returning from the airport, it really isn't only about tourists  it's about one scamming taxi driver. 

As I said in a previous post I have had one or two incidents in  maybe 20 years with taxi drivers in Thailand. 

When I arrive in Manila it seems someone trys me on every other trip. 

40 minutes ago, metempsychotic said:

And I come and go from Suvarnabhumi or Don Mueang to lower Sukhumvit at least monthly and have done so for almost 20 years without any issues.

Seems to me you are dismissing a rather large portion of Thailand as dishonest.

Must be tough to live like that. 

When you do a regular journey, as you do, you get to learn the route and how much a journey costs. You would then quickly realize if you're being ripped off, just as the couple in the article did.

Taxi drivers, the world over are well known for taking advantage of 'strangers in town' and Bangkok is no exception as has been well documented on this forum over the years.

How you manage to interpret my comment as, quote 'dismissing a rather large portion of Thailand as dishonest' is beyond my comprehension. 

Archived