Where to buy Lawn Mower Blades ?

luudee

Hi Guys and Gals,

hope this is the right place to post this.

I'm in Pattaya, and need to replace the blade on my lawn mower.

I've been to all the obvious places, like Home Pro and Thaiwhatsado.

Can't find anything. Any suggestions ?

Many Thanks,

rudi

Edited by luudee

10 minutes ago, luudee said:

Ahh, yeah, sorry, it's a Honda GXV 160 OHV.

The old blades are completely worn ... 

I did a search on Lazada but no blades came up. What did you use for your search ?

bld.jpg

I have very similar blades. Took one to the local welder guy and had him make up 8 new ones. Now I just swap out when needed and take the used set back to him for a sharpen. Easy

8 minutes ago, bankruatsteve said:

I think Rudi has been mowing rocks.  ????  I wonder how that top blade got into that position?  Do you replace the whole disk?

555, yeah I wonder as well. I have a full time guy to takes care of my property, he is in charge of bending and grinding the blades ! ???? 

I'm thinking to just order a 455 baht 4 blade kit of Lazada ...  I think that should do it. I had the Mower for well over 8 years now, if I remember correctly, this is the first time we are replacing the blades.  They are really worn from sharpening them I think ...

rudi

Edited by luudee

Lazada:https://s.lazada.co.th/s.ZT4yA

I have bought and fitted to same mower. I found that fitting 2 blades is sufficient and cuts quicker.  

Or if you need quickly these are more expensive but in Thailand.....might be better quality?

The first ones came in a packet with the brand Honga!

Edited by poosmate
Add
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, bankruatsteve said:

I think Rudi has been mowing rocks.  ????  I wonder how that top blade got into that position?  Do you replace the whole disk?

maybe rudi's ( correction gardener) only has one leg?

Edited by gunderhill
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, luudee said:

Ahh, yeah, sorry, it's a Honda GXV 160 OHV.

The old blades are completely worn ... 

I did a search on Lazada but no blades came up. What did you use for your search ?

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/winner-lawn-mower-blade-for-honda-4-wheel-model-hrj216-black-i227322883-s347564488.html?spm=a2o4m.searchlist.list.1.60e65f31tR8HwZ&search=1

4 hours ago, luudee said:

BTW, is there a difference between the disk with 4 small blades and a single large straight blade ?

Thanks,

rudi

Those blades are attached to a disc which bolts onto the drive shaft. If you want to change the cutting head you can simply unbolt the current disc and replace it with a different disc which will take the single large blade.

You can also replace it with another head using 2 or 3mm nylon "cord" which is good for the edges of the concrete, any plastic water pipes and also for flowers, trees and bushes.

It is much easier to cut dry grass than wet and shorter instead of longer grass.

I have a 4 stroke Honda backpack UM435 which takes any of the heads and a 2 stroke small wheely weed whacker which is great for long wet grass as it spins at about 10,000 rpm but is not so easy to use on lumpy ground.

Also at the end of the work I wash the mowers clean of dirt and grass then spray them with WD40 to get rid of the excess water and preventing rust.

1 hour ago, David B in Thailand said:

The OP has many choices in Thailand to purchase lawn mower blades. Genuine Honda blades and lawn mower parts are readily available in Thailand. Genuine Troy Bilt Zero Turn Lawn Mower Blades I have seen get mailed from Buriram. 

Thailand Buriram Mustang Zero Turn Lawn Mower Delivery August 2019.jpg

Buriram Thailand Mustang Troy Bilt Zero Turn Lawn Mower.jpg

Buriram Honda HRJ216K3 self Propelled Lawn mower parts delivery.jpg

Nice ride but not too good on sloping or stony ground.

Any idea of the cost of one?

The Troy Bilt Mustang Zero Turn Lawn mower is at least 130,000 baht less that the Toro Time cutter HD X5450 model with 137 cm Cutting deck in Thailand. Both are excellent zero turn lawn mowers given the limited selection of actual zero turn lawn mowers imported into Thailand by authorized importers. Limited models of genuine Castel Garden, Orec, Husqvarna riding lawn mowers are also imported into Thailand by authorized importers. In my experience some lawn mower importers are far superior in stock of spare parts for the models they import than some other importers of lawn mowers. 

Toro Ride On Zero Turn Lawn Mower Buriram Thailand Delivery.jpg

Try Ruangsangthai out in Buriram, they have 2 native English speaking expats working there. They were able to ship out a few spare HONDA HRJ216 lawnmower blades out to a friend in Khon Kaen.

IMG_8519.JPG

Edited by LM405

20 hours ago, luudee said:

Never mind Guys, now I see them on Lazada, lol.

Don't know why they didn't show up the first time.

Thanks for all the help !

rudi

If they're not worn down too much, it's easy to sharpen with a grinder.

Takes 30 minutes and lasts forever. 

• 4 months later...
On 8/15/2019 at 4:21 PM, giddyup said:

Hi,

I got these Lotus Brand Thailand ones at local hardware shop 125b each.

Fitted perfect .

Regards

Changbeer4me

F0943C0B-2CA0-41A0-8AE5-C0C4F7B88332.jpeg

9CA9D80D-CBC8-4B46-93AF-508C9D019AAB.jpeg

613DB973-EB77-4D78-9477-F1D6D31BE0F1.png

302FA188-4E29-4C90-B64E-169B3BFEAD1B.png

9FB4061E-E3D9-48EA-AA41-83AF18CC0196.jpeg

Edited by Changbeer4me
add photo