PM Prayut suggests cabinet members read ‘Blue Ocean Shift’

webfact

PM suggests cabinet members read ‘Blue Ocean Shift’

blue-ocean.jpg

Government’s spokesperson, Dr. Narumon Pinyosinwat, said on Wednesday that Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha suggested members of his cabinet and their spouses, who participated in the “Spirit of Volunteering” activities at Priest Hospital, should read W. Chan Kim and Renée Mauborgne’s ‘Blue Ocean Shift: Beyond Competing (Proven Steps to Inspire Confidence and Seize New Growth)’, so that they can apply its insights to national administration. 

The PM was said to have recommended the book so that cabinet members would learn ‘how to win without having to compete’ and move on from the competitive ‘red ocean’ to a new and larger ‘blue ocean’.

The blue ocean shift, as defined by the authors, is a system to change fierce business competition in heavily competitive markets – red oceans – into more open  ‘blue oceans,’ or new markets exempt from competition.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/pm-suggests-cabinet-members-read-blue-ocean-shift/

thaipbs.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2019-08-15

37 minutes ago, webfact said:

learn ‘how to win without having to compete’

Isn't that already what they do here. The "without having to compete" bit, I mean. "How to win" seems as elusive as ever.

Thais moving into anything new.. yeah right. Just check how the roadsides are arranged, it's always near identical shops in a cluster, they just copy everything from the next guy. And then they all suffer because they saturated the supply.

As with  most Thai's reading English is not a problem. Problem is spoken English. How can they learn to speak English from teachers that can't speak it.

In my 20 years in Thailand, I have never had a problem if a wrote something down in English, if I said something in English it was a best 50-50.

11 minutes ago, KhunKenAP said:

As with  most Thai's reading English is not a problem. Problem is spoken English. How can they learn to speak English from teachers that can't speak it.

In my 20 years in Thailand, I have never had a problem if a wrote something down in English, if I said something in English it was a best 50-50.

You are correct.

if study English a lot easy to read, more easy than listen.

Because when read, you read at your speed, when listen you must listen at the speaker speed. 

But it I sure Prayut can not read English book. I sure he not read this book. He claim it before he read two English book in one night. Impossible

He lie, sure.

1 hour ago, worgeordie said:

When does he have time to read all these books he keeps

recommending.

regards Worgeordie

Other books on his shelf include Freakonomics, Economics for Dummies and The Dictator's Handbook.

Freakonomics.jpg

Economics for Dummies.jpg

The dictator's handbook.jpg

1 hour ago, DrTuner said:

Thais moving into anything new.. yeah right. Just check how the roadsides are arranged, it's always near identical shops in a cluster, they just copy everything from the next guy. And then they all suffer because they saturated the supply.

Same as alot of the agriculture

59 minutes ago, Yinn said:

You are correct.

if study English a lot easy to read, more easy than listen.

Because when read, you read at your speed, when listen you must listen at the speaker speed. 

But it I sure Prayut can not read English book. I sure he not read this book. He claim it before he read two English book in one night. Impossible

He lie, sure.

That's the problem I'm having learning Thai even the educational videos they talk fast

3 hours ago, DrTuner said:

And when those Shops become occupied, there will be 4 Pharmacys, all within 50M of each other.

5 hours ago, webfact said:

The PM was said to have recommended the book so that cabinet members would learn ‘how to win without having to compete’

Well, they certainly know how to gain power without running for election.

Archived