Hundreds of marijuana plants burned in Battambang

geovalin

Police in Battambang province’s Samlout district yesterday burned more than 700 marijuana plants confiscated from a cassava farm on Tuesday. Colonel Kor Sunkaing, chief of district police, yesterday said a total of 730 marijuana plants were cut and burned after police discovered the owner had planted them among cassava crops.

“The owner of these marijuana trees planted them along with cassava because he thought we would not be able to recognise them, but we did,” Col Sunkaing said, adding that the owner, 32-year-old Yeun Roeun, was released from custody after he was educated and made to sign a contract not to plant marijuana. “We did not punish him, but we educated him on not doing it any more,” he said. “Mr Roeun told us he had planted these trees because he was cheated by someone, but he did not tell us who. We didn’t believe him.”

He noted that he and other local authorities often disseminate information and educate people on the dangers of drugs and how it’s illegal to plant marijuana. Earlier this month, police in Preah Vihear province educated a man for planting marijuana at his farm. Police said the man grew the plants in order to cure sick chickens and ducks, noting that the man did not know it was illegal.

read more https://www.khmertimeskh.com/50633741/hundreds-of-marijuana-plants-burned-in-battambang/

3 hours ago, FarFlungFalang said:

So no punishment for getting caught.Does this apply to falangs?

Cambodia no longer appears to care much about cannabis.

My trip earlier this year, bars were selling joints to smoke in the bar, pizza shops had it as a topping, and guys on m/cs were selling it on the street in the evenings for $10/bag (they ask for $20 but haggle down to $10).

The only warnings were don't smoke it in public places,  but out of sight in bars restaurants and hotels no problem. The guesthouse I stayed at had a special sala outside by the pool for all the backpackers to smoke their weed. I was quite impressed, they had managed to source western quality varieties, bags of weed openly on all over the tables. We They smoked all day.

I also had a pizza at a street-side restaurant, nobody examined the toppings.

8 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

My trip earlier this year, bars were selling joints to smoke in the bar, pizza shops had it as a topping, and guys on m/cs were selling it on the street in the evenings for $10/bag (they ask for $20 but haggle down to $10).

The only warnings were don't smoke it in public places, bars restaurants and hotels no problem.

The guesthouse I stayed at had a special sala outside by the pool for all the backpackers to smoke their weed.

I was quite impressed, they had managed to source western quality varieties, bags of weed openly on all over the tables.

We They smoked all day.

If I didnt have a bad ticker and need real doctors, and if PP wasnt so...boring...Id just visa into Cambo and smoke my life away.

21 hours ago, BritManToo said:

The only warnings were don't smoke it in public places,  but out of sight in bars restaurants and hotels no problem. The guesthouse I stayed at had a special sala outside by the pool for all the backpackers to smoke their weed. I was quite impressed, they had managed to source western quality varieties, bags of weed openly on all over the tables. We They smoked all day.

I also had a pizza at a street-side restaurant, nobody examined the toppings.

they are still a bit hung up on it, they stop the bars and pizza places from selling it occasionally when they get afraid the young locals might start smoking it and question authority, then I guess they start to miss the bribe money and it creeps back. it was a lot better a year or so ago, and the quality is usually not good unless you can find a barang that has grown or imported it. I dont smoke here because my lungs cant handle the local weed. if weed is your thing cambodia might not be the place for you

15 hours ago, gamesgplayemail said:

hello, can you recommend me 420 friendly places to stay in Cambodia ? Phnomphen and KamPOT mostly please. Thank you.

pretty much any cheaper place with a nice balcony. the upmarket hotels might not appreciate it, Im guessing

Archived