Pattaya: Chinese graffiti artist arrested and in immigration detention

webfact

Pattaya: Chinese graffiti artist arrested and in immigration detention

9pm.jpg

Picture: Naew Na

The authorities in Pattaya have arrested a Chinese man after slogans in Chinese characters started appearing all over the resort. 

The graffiti was at tourist areas and scenic spots on walls and pipes, reported Naew Na.

A cleanup operation was done as tourist and regular police and immigration hunted for the person responsible. 

Early this morning he was found and carried away. He had no ID and no explanation for his actions. 

The signs relate to the Communist Party of China and are connected to the protests ongoing in Hong Kong.

The man has been charged with illegal entry into Thailand and having no passport and is now in immigration detention. 

Source: Naew Na

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-08-15

5 hours ago, jacko45k said:

I fear for him if he is to be deported back to China.

I don't read Chinese, so I can't say for sure. But if his graffiti is pro-Communist Party of China (i.e. anti-Hong Kong democracy protesters) then the only thing he probably needs to fear is being put on their no travel list.

On the other hand, if he is a pro-democracy protester and his graffiti supports the Hong Kong protesters, then yes, I'd say he's screwed if he's deported back to China.

7 hours ago, webfact said:

The man has been charged with illegal entry into Thailand and having no passport and is now in immigration detention. 

What the brand spanking new bio-metrics machines never twigged him ?? Unforgivable, send the useless junk back to whoever sold it to you........ It wasn't China was it ?

Just having a giggle guys, don't get serious about where it came from ????

Archived