Friend’s problem

I have a Filipino friend who has used two 30 day exempt entries this year at land borders in addition to one tourist visa which was extended by 30 days. Last month at Savanaket he was given a 30 day transit visa (never heard of this visa) when he extended tourist visa. Now he is at CW and they want to give him 7 days to leave. Any options ?

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

The 30 day entry from a transit visa cannot be extended.

Immigration will accept the application after the 1900 baht fee is paid and then grant 7 days to leave the country after it is disapproved.

His only choice appears to be to fly out and back for a 30 visa exempt entry or try applying for a tourist visa at another embassy or consulate.

The 30 day entry from a transit visa cannot be extended.
Immigration will accept the application after the 1900 baht fee is paid and then grant 7 days to leave the country after it is disapproved.
His only choice appears to be to fly out and back for a 30 visa exempt entry or try applying for a tourist visa at another embassy or consulate.

Thanks for your quick response Joe. So the 2 visa exempt limit applies to land borders only, thus allowing him 30 days exempt again if he flies out and then back again.

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

1 hour ago, Searat7 said:

Thanks for your quick response Joe. So the 2 visa exempt limit applies to land borders only, thus allowing him 30 days exempt again if he flies out and then back again.

There is no set limit at the airport, but your friend can still be denied entry if the IO believes they are trying to live/work in the country.

Given their history of tourism this year, and nationality, I would suggest they avoid using VE and get another tourist visa before re-entering. A tourist visa greatly reduces the chances of questioning or a denied entry.

1 hour ago, Searat7 said:

There is no hard limit on visa exempt entries by air. However, immigration has discretion on whether to grant visa exempt entry. At airports, they frequently deny visa exempt entry if they judge that people are using them to stay long periods in Thailand.

Your friend should go to a consulate for a tourist visa. For complete safety, after acquiring the visa, it is better to enter by land.