Please suggest an alternative to YouTube

johnnybgood

Nice discussion points.

On a broader discussion I'm well aware that some people are much better then others at basic surfing, and it seems it come down to the choice of search words / phrases.

Has anybody ever found a site which gives guidance on this and perhaps lists of search words?

Please suggest an alternative to YouTube

Best Video Streaming Sites As Youtube Alternatives
  1. Dailymotion – Popular Video Sharing site like YouTube. If it is not YouTube, then it is definitely Dailymotion. ...
  2. Vimeo – Best Video Streaming Alternative. ...
  3. Metacafe. ...
  4. Vevo. ...
  5. Twitch. ...
  6. The Internet Archive. ...
  7. 9Gag TV. ...
  8. Veoh.

It shows you what it wants you to watch. I am sure they could be better at having it suggest stuff you actually want to watch, but for some strange reason the do not do that. 

If you watch a more obscure youtuber, they will suggest and even autoplay other youtubers in that youtubers genre, but they make a point of switching you to their favored creator. 

It is very strange because I would think their goal should be to keep people there, but the real goal is clearly to push certain channels constantly, as you seem to have discovered. 

Perhaps there's an algorithm which is progressively / longer-term taking world viewers towards paying and right now it takes viewers to watch they have watched before then alternatives. Perhaps over time it will more quickly take viewers to pay per view.

Perhaps the new owners of youtube have a policy something like this to wean viewers off of youtube as a totally free resource? 

keep to a minimum (one of course is best) the number of words in the Search...  the more word... the gretaer the inverse square rule seems to spread wider the variety of Hits. 

I swap and change, between using the laptop, and the Smart TV (both logged in as the same user.

The Smart TV YT menu is good for sorting out which Search you really wanted to follow

9 minutes ago, EdrigoSalvadore said:

I like Bitchute. A lot of the people I subscribe to has been demonitized by youtube so they have therefore migrated to bitchute.

This and dtube but YouTube interface is hard to beat ????

After many years of YouTube there must be something else out there ?
Basically, it keeps showing the same old videos in the side panel.
Perhaps it's my search vocabulary ?
I don't think you're ever going to run out of something to watch. 300 hours of video are uploaded to YouTube every minute!

I never really got into YouTube, at least making a dedicated account. If by chance you would be interested in something a bit different that is an alternative as far as decentralization goes, try Minds.com No shadow banning and no demonetizing.

Might be refreshing.

22 hours ago, Puchaiyank said:

They keep up with your previous searches...then make them available to you again when you reopen app.   

If you want to see something different...search for it!

Thanks for your helpful suggestion, of course I'm capable of doing a search - same as the hundreds of questions

asked by hundreds of members daily on ThaiVisa.

So let's close down this forum and do the Google dance.

Personally I like to hear from real experienced posters, I could also ask friends and family...... even ask the bloke in the pub ????.

And as for the guy that 'liked' your post .....shame really.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/15/2019 at 3:34 PM, IvorBiggun2 said:
Best Video Streaming Sites As Youtube Alternatives
  1. Dailymotion – Popular Video Sharing site like YouTube. If it is not YouTube, then it is definitely Dailymotion. ...
  2. Vimeo – Best Video Streaming Alternative. ...
  3. Metacafe. ...
  4. Vevo. ...
  5. Twitch. ...
  6. The Internet Archive. ...
  7. 9Gag TV. ...
  8. Veoh.

Dailymotion is about the crappiest thing I have ever seen online, you very rarely get what you are looking for.

YouTube are hopeless for movies. They have a computer program that checks every movie for copyright content before it gets posted. So many movies were being deleted by YouTube that some prolific posters moved to the Russian site- ok.ru They have thousands of free movies. Never seen one deleted over copyright. Forget YouTube- being based in the US they are at a disadvantage when it comes to copyright.

Archived