400K in the bank for marriage extension must be from foreign transfer?

I am seeing reports that marriage extension funds are now required to be foreign transfers verified by banks to a standard required by Imm.

Anybody recently extended a marriage visa showing 400K in an account other than a fixed deposit that never gets touched?

With the state of the pound, and us having cash gaining better interest in an account in my wife's name, I was going to use funds from that.

If this is real I guess it is best to transfer 400K once to a fixed deposit account and never touch it, to be able to live more efficiently from our Thai assets.

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

There is no requirement to prove the 400k baht came from abroad to apply for the extension of stay application.

Perhaps somebody is confusing the requirement for monthly income to be transferred from abroad with the money in the bank option.

The account the 400k baht is in must be in in your name only.

Except for Sakon Nakhon, I just applied for the Marriage Visa based on monthly income (have sufficient more than the required 40k pr month) but they refused the statements from my bank(s) (have two accounts in my name due to two pensions from abroad, one on each account - but in spring I changed to 1 account to which both pensions are transferred now) claiming that they only wanted to see 1 piece of paper from the bank and only showing the transfer from abroad, not 12 pages with transfers and withdraws! They rejected the statement from my Embassy as well cos there was two signed and authenticated pages, 1 for each pension! They "gave" me about 30 days to come up with 400k on the account and they should remain untouched in the account for 2 months! They demand that the income on the account is transferred from my homecountry

• Confused 1

14 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Not the same as what I was writing about. The OP was asking about the 400k baht in the bank option.

You were trying to use the 40k baht income option not the 400k baht option.

You do not have to prove the 400k baht came from.

It seems they are being a little over the top with what they are wanting for you to prove your income. Only wanting one document to prove your income is a bit absurd.

Yes I understand that and yes I wanted to use the 40k option because I do not have the 400k in bank. And as I understood it, the IO are particularly "after" expats from those countries which do not provide the annual income report via their embassies anymore (US, UK, Denmark and a few more) and I can only refer to the info from IO. Absurd, yes indeed 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, mrbfly said:

Yes I understand that and yes I wanted to use the 40k option because I do not have the 400k in bank. And as I understood it, the IO are particularly "after" expats from those countries which do not provide the annual income report via their embassies anymore (US, UK, Denmark and a few more) and I can only refer to the info from IO. Absurd, yes indeed 

Yes, there appears to be a clear resentment towards certain nationalities who can no longer present Embassy Income letters, forcing the IO's to trawl through bank statements instead.

I have done mine in Koh Kamui. Just showed them my ATM card and a letter from the bank. I don't have a bank book since my money in the foreign currency account in Krungsri bank and it's been transfered more than 2 years ago. I don't touch that money and stays in the account all the time.

11 minutes ago, Marius Brok said:

Does any one knows how the IMM of Chaiyaphum acts on the 400K for married extension? I mean about the source of the money?

Same as any other office. Proof where the funds came from is not required.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Same as any other office. Proof where the funds came from is not required.

This is good news if IMM in Chaiyaphum does the same as other offices.

Maybe there is a member with practical experience from Chaiyaphum?

• 4 months later...
On 8/16/2019 at 5:35 AM, Tanoshi said:

Yes, there appears to be a clear resentment towards certain nationalities who can no longer present Embassy Income letters, forcing the IO's to trawl through bank statements instead.

If the applicant for the marriage extension does not have the required bank letter or if this letter does not have the necessary information, the immigration official does not have to go through bank statements but can simply advise the applicant what document is missing.

On 12/19/2019 at 10:21 PM, Maestro said:

If the applicant for the marriage extension does not have the required bank letter or if this letter does not have the necessary information, the immigration official does not have to go through bank statements but can simply advise the applicant what document is missing.

If you can't provide an Embassy Income letter, then bank statements, passbook and a letter from the bank are required by their own orders.