Taking pointed (not sharp) tools in carry on luggage between Thai airports

Hal65

Does anyone have experience taking tools that are pointed but not sharp (like an allen wrench) between Thai airports in one's carry on luggage?

I'm also wondering if it would be any better to keep it in a bag vs on my person, I imagine actually having it on my person would draw more suspicion.

@NyezhovThey have a point but not a sharp tip. The skating allen wrenches have a grip and kind of look a bit more aggressive: https://www.lazada.co.th/products/magideal-inline-skates-spanner-roller-skate-t-handle-allen-wrench-skate-shoes-hex-key-i286852990-s467464089.html

Not too expensive though so I guess I'll try my luck.

12 hours ago, Hal65 said:

I imagine actually having it on my person would draw more suspicion.

You would be correct there, having anything on you these days when you pass through security, apart from clothes is forbidden, gotten ridiculous :crying:

13 hours ago, Hal65 said:

Does anyone have experience taking tools that are pointed but not sharp (like an allen wrench) between Thai airports in one's carry on luggage?

If you haven't got a checked bag then putting it/them in your carry on is your best option but be prepared to have to give it up to security. Something like that could be used as a weapon or to do nasty things to the inside of a plane.

They refused my star spanner 10 in my hand baggage on a Phuket U-tapao flight with Air Asia. I only needed that one spanner as I exactly knew what I needed to tighten once arriving at Ocean Marina. Checking in my hand luggage was offered for more than my flight price because I had not pre-booked. I threw away my spanner and bought a new one in Jomtien. Absolutely pathetic. 

12 hours ago, Boatfreak said:

They refused my star spanner 10 in my hand baggage on a Phuket U-tapao flight with Air Asia. I only needed that one spanner as I exactly knew what I needed to tighten once arriving at Ocean Marina. Checking in my hand luggage was offered for more than my flight price because I had not pre-booked. I threw away my spanner and bought a new one in Jomtien. Absolutely pathetic. 

Could be used as an hammer, and I would not want one of those on my flight.

Why is it pathetic?

17 hours ago, CGW said:
On ‎8‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 3:58 AM, Hal65 said:

I imagine actually having it on my person would draw more suspicion.

17 hours ago, CGW said:

You would be correct there, having anything on you these days when you pass through security, apart from clothes is forbidden, gotten ridiculous :crying:

A. That is not true at all and B. The measures that are in place are for our safety, all of us. So learn to live with it.

Just I will be doing in about 5 hours.

54 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

A. That is not true at all and B. The measures that are in place are for our safety, all of us. So learn to live with it.

Do expand on your statement please?

When you have to take off your wristwatch and shoes and any jewellery, leaving any ones clothes, how is my statement "not true at all"?

"For our own safety" why - due to actions by our leaders maybe? Problem - reaction - solution! least we live in a free world ???? 

"Learn to live with it" OK, given the choice's I will.

Have a good safe flight ???? 

Just I will be doing in about 5 hours.

There’s so many items that are not taken off us, fountain pen for example could make a lethal weapon....

Where do they draw the line, some martial artists are lethal weapons, are they not to fly?

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

There’s so many items that are not taken off us, fountain pen for example could make a lethal weapon....

Where do they draw the line, some martial artists are lethal weapons, are they not to fly?

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Who’s going to tell Chuck Norris he can’t board the plane ?

Not me !!

Transiting in Taiwan to BKK last year...security insisted I had a screw driver in my carry on....another security guard and myself ripped apart my carry on...3 different times...xrayed each time....xray tech still insisted that i had a screw driver....finally found my 3 inch long 1/8th inch wide eyeglass screw driver....immediately confiscated...I smiled at the xray tech and gave her a big thumbs up then sat down shaking my head....have had the same screw driver for years in my carry on... 

Archived