Vientiane guesthouses, give a towel or have to bring my own?

Hal65

Last guesthouse I went to didn't give me a towel so I went to the store and bought one. This year I'm planning another trip and wondering if that was a fluke. Granted I stayed at a low cost place (think it was 50,000 kip per night).

Do downtown Vientiane guesthouses normally supply you with a towel or do you need to bring your own?

I always have  either  a backpackers towel in my pack, or at a minimum, an cotton bandana that dries me off nicely, and does double duty in case you have an intestinal blowout on a bus due to too much Hoi Kaeng and beer.

1 hour ago, Hal65 said:

Do downtown Vientiane guesthouses normally supply you with a towel or do you need to bring your own?

Yes, they normally do.

1 hour ago, Mikisteel said:

Save yourself some space and use their bed sheets. Same goes if they do not supply toilet roll. Pillow cases in event of no toilet.

Fantastically good behaviour. You must be a joy to have as a guest.

1 hour ago, Matzzon said:

Yes, they normally do.

Fantastically good behaviour. You must be a joy to have as a guest.

Its all about etiquette. Like if you are on the throne at someones home and you notice there isnt a roll and you have to use the guest towel, at least have the common decency to fold it and hang it back up again.

If its white, just fold it over, know what I mean ????

2 hours ago, Hal65 said:

The towel whipping contest is at six, so get there sharp and try not to get carried away out of hours. 

Archived