Help my thai girlfriend find a job.

2 hours ago, BestB said:

All makes perfect sense . Controlling mother , not allowed out of the house, but speaks good English and been dating foreigner for a year .

every single shop has a sign looking for staff but she does not know and only wishes to find a job.

yup, sounds genuine ????

5555....a good example of a farang listening/believing his Thai GF even though it makes absolutely no sense. 

But to the topic, just about any Thai would know more than a foreigner how to find a job in Thailand.  The OP can't be serious. 

"Soon we will move to Bangkok together and she will basically take any job she can get. She dont care about minimum salary or long days she just want to try how it is to work." 

Ask her what work she likes. Doing work everyday that you don't like and perhaps for years can be like hell. And if she is still young and clever even a career might be possible. I think in this respect you can help her most - giving her guidance. Growing up in a small village she might not have much experience with the business world and so might end as a cheap slave. And for finding a job when she knows what she wants to do she should go to such businesses and ask if they can need her. They will tell her which documents they want to see. She has to learn to do this to survive alone. 

On 8/16/2019 at 6:45 AM, DannyCarlton said:

If the OP's girlfriend isn't afraid of hard work, willing to trawl the streets, knocking on a few doors and doesn't insist on a job that doesn't involve getting her hands dirty, she should have no difficulty in getting a job in a day.

Especially since the turnover on such jobs is incredible.   Those qualities you list above are almost non-existent in most countries .  Even more so when husband/bf  has money to live on .

Sounds like a troll post to me...... if not the "sailor" is even more naive than the gf

Then again, a lot of guys ( many retirees among them)  move here,  hook up with an "amazing" girl and then think just like the OP.   How can I help the girl get started on something constructive.   The success rate in THESE type of relationships ?  ?   ?

30 minutes ago, Berkshire said:

5555....a good example of a farang listening/believing his Thai GF even though it makes absolutely no sense. 

But to the topic, just about any Thai would know more than a foreigner how to find a job in Thailand.  The OP can't be serious. 

Sadly I think he is. I am guessing he is having internet relationship and planning to come over.

His next topic would be sinsod and how many million is enough for such a good girl 

2 hours ago, PingRoundTheWorld said:

I don't know about you, but I wouldn't date someone who works at a sport bar. Even if she's not a straight out prostitute the temptation is always there and with the right combination of attraction, money, and alcohol she might let herself go, pun intended. Especially if she's young and good looking, and even worse - from a poor family in the countryside. Restaurant would be OK, but depends on the type of restaurant. If she's just serving food then OK - but if she has to make conversation or drink with customers then no.

This isn't about control or jealousy by the way - I'm not a jealous guy at all - but I know girls and I've taken dozens of girls home despite them having boyfriends. Very few women can be trusted 100% to resist temptation, so it would be idiotic to date one who is faced with temptation every day.

Lots of girls in sports bars have boyfriends and they worked previously in gogo bars.

The big question is: Do you trust your girlfriend?

If you think she would possibly go with someone who has more money than you or is younger or fitter or whatever then your relation is anyhow not exactly stable. Or you accept that she goes with other guys just for the money - if that is the case.

Personally I see it like this: If "my girl" thinks someone else is better than me then go ahead and go with the other guy and stay with the other guy. And I will look for a new (temporary or permanent) girl. There are enough of them.

I wouldn't want a girl who only stays with me because she has to even if she would prefer someone else.

22 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I wouldn't want a girl who only stays with me because she has to even if she would prefer someone else.

You are looking for true love. Often this is the most expensive form of love because you will do a lot to keep the feeling alive. 

10 minutes ago, Beggar said:

You are looking for true love. Often this is the most expensive form of love because you will do a lot to keep the feeling alive. 

True love is fine.

But I am a realist and I want a girl who is realistic.

If she is Miss Thailand then I am not the right gut for her. 

If she is old and ugly then I don't want her.

I want and have something in between which is realistic.

Archived