Israel bars U.S. Democratic lawmakers under pressure from Trump

webfact

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

No, Palestine was ruled by Palestinians for 1000 years, currently ruled by Jews for 70 years. Who has the bragging rights?

First crusade to Palestine, 1096.

"Palestine was ruled by Palestinians for 1000 years"

Nonsense.

20 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

I don't agree with your comic book characterization of their views, but what would have happened if they had visited Israel is that the government of Israel would have respected them as duly elected U.S. government representatives and there could have been a DIALOG. Surely much better than BANNING them. 

I don't think that there would have been any meaningful "dialog". Not with these two, anyway. Their visit was more about provocation - which they got anyhow. Granted, the banning works for them rather than against them. In this sense, the Israeli government shot itself in the foot.

5 minutes ago, PingRoundTheWorld said:

Hahaha another guy who doesn't history. "Palestine" was never an actual country. The area was ruled by The Ottoman empire from 1516-1917. Then the British empire from 1917-1948. "Palestinians" have never ruled Israel. The term itself "Palestinian" is made up - they were just Arabs from neighboring countries who moved there during the Ottoman or British rule. They hold no special right to the land beyond making up

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/State_of_Palestine

"General use of the term "Palestine" or related terms to the area at the southeast corner of the Mediterranean Sea beside Syria has historically been taking place since the times of Ancient Greece, with Herodotus writing of a "district of Syria, called Palaistine"

The majority of the population has been Arab/moslem since the 11th centuary until 1947.

5 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

Because it's not bogus. saying that anyone who is anti israel is anti semitic is a bogus claim.

I don't think you misunderstood my post, lame spin notwithstanding.

Did you see anyone making this claim on this topic? I mean, other than yourself.

:coffee1:

4 minutes ago, PingRoundTheWorld said:

Yes. Voted in. By other Muslims who share their anti-American views. I think you just explained exactly why the US should resist mass immigration.

Do you have evidence of that claim?

Two US citizens duly elected to congress have been banned, at the suggestion by the president, from visiting an allied country.

Let that sink in.

12 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

By and large completely false. Used by pro Zionists to quell any criticism of Israel.

I doubt that, like the poster your responded to, the bold assertion above could (or will) be supported by anything much. That you say "completely false" doesn't amount to much nor carries a whole lot of weight.

1 hour ago, ezzra said:

I get the feeling that your argument are not about 'palestinians or terrorism' you're just one of those who hate for the sake of hating doesn't really know why ,how or even when, just pure hate, all your promises and narratives are based on misinformation, fake news and selective memories, i bet you have never been to Israel or any of the surrounding arab countries, had a meaningful discussions with a palestina and probably much less an Israeli...

Wrong again. I have visited the place. Invited there by a jewish resident or two. Just Tel Aviv and Jerusalem.

I don't have have an inherent bias. You do.

I haven't even once mentioned Palestinians. Again you. 

Definitely no misinformation on my part. No spurious claims of being offered "92% of their land back". That is all you.

So far, you have resorted to demonisation, victimhood, misinformation, propaganda.... a fait accompli

You are just throwing mud, in the hope that it sticks. No facts at all.

I can tell by your posts that you aren't really stable of mind(all my promises??!!), so best we leave it at that.

To me the point is Donald trump has no business whatsoever trying to get Israel to deny their visit that is out of bounds and wrong,now if Israel on her own decided to deny access is another matter it’s just another example of Donald’s unfitness no more no less

9 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

district of Syria, called Palaistine"

Yes, district, not country. Under foreign rule. As I said - the population moved in from neighboring countries - there was never a country or people named Palestine or Palestinians until they rallied around the cause of destroying Israel in the 20th century.

1 minute ago, JamJar said:

Wrong again. I have visited the place. Invited there by a jewish resident or two. Just Tel Aviv and Jerusalem.

I don't have have an inherent bias. You do.

I haven't even once mentioned Palestinians. Again you. 

Definitely no misinformation on my part. No spurious claims of being offered "92% of their land back". That is all you.

So far, you have resorted to demonisation, victimhood, misinformation, propaganda.... a fait accompli

You are just throwing mud, in the hope that it sticks. No facts at all.

I can tell by your posts that you aren't really stable of mind(all my promises??!!), so best we leave it at that.

Now you making it personal with you, you, you, this is not in the the spirit of this debate, and if it is, i don't want to stoop to your level sir...

What I find remarkable is two young relatively inexperienced Democrat Representatives have, almost certainly because of their lack of experience, provided Trump with an easy target, and the more experienced Democrats are seemingly doing nothing to guide them out of the cross hairs.

In what is now the run up to the 2020 election these two should have been advised to stay away from Israel/Palestine and focus on the needs of their own districts.

Pelosi and their district organisation need to have a firm word with them. 

31 minutes ago, PingRoundTheWorld said:

Because usually people who criticize Israel ARE anti-Semitic. Like Ilhan Omar, for example...

Can you even history? Jesus himself was a Jew, and the country was full of them in biblical times, although under Roman occupation. As far as 1945 you're wrong there too - Jews came to Israel long before that, bought useless swamps from Arabs and drained them by importing Eucalyptus trees to make them habitable. In the southern desert they made settlements in places nobody else wanted. It's true that there was limited terrorism against the British rule - because the Brits limited Jewish immigration even as million of Jews were being slaughtered in Europe. In 1948 the same day as the UN formally recognized Israel 3 Arab nations attacked it trying to eradicate the Jewish population. They failed and the Jews won thus securing more land as the Arab residents fled. The Arabs have always been the aggressor in each and every war since. Israel has never started a war unprovoked.

More propaganda and misinformation. One might wonder quite how the Jews managed to strike Arab aircraft whilst they were on the ground.

The 1967 war started with a pre-emptive strike by the Jews. It just gets tiresome having to look at this BS repeated time and again. 

Try to paint the Jews as heroes and the Arabs as the baddies. Tiresome nonsense.

There is little doubt that the Jews provoked skirmishes and started wars. 

They grab more land and then claim it is done in self-defence. But anyone with even a modicum of intelligence will understand that it is all part of the long term plan of the original terrorists.

Anyone who doesn't submit to your twisted points of view is labelled in a derogatory fashion. it's really more than pathetic.

4 hours ago, RJRS1301 said:

Trump doing his best bullying role again. No surprises there

These are JEW HATING anti semites and somehow can say it without the left batting an eyelid and even excusing it and blaming Trump 

It really is pathetic.

They are just going there to make trouble and I for one would not let you into my home if you 

1.) HATE ME 
2.) Call for my destruction 
3.) Stir up more hatred while visiting

Israel is absolutely right to deny these jew hating anti Israel liberals.

Nothing postive could come out of the visit.

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

No, he is NOT doing great. 

hahahaha 

YES HE IS and he will WIN again because HE IS MAKING AMERICA GREAT AGAIN 

And the haters such as yourself are so blinded by their hatred they cannot even see past it and at the clear evidence that shows he is doing EXACTLY what he promised his voters he would do.

Se·mit·ic
adjective
  1. 1. 
    relating to or denoting a family of languages that includes Hebrew, Arabic, and Aramaic and certain ancient languages such as Phoenician and Akkadian, constituting the main subgroup of the Afro-Asiatic family.
  2. 2. 
    relating to the peoples who speak Semitic languages, especially Hebrew and Arabic.

6 minutes ago, JamJar said:

The 1967 war started with a pre-emptive strike by the Jews.

A pre-emptive strike, by definition, happens when you know someone is going to attack you and you strike first...

7 minutes ago, JamJar said:

But anyone with even a modicum of intelligence will understand that it is all part of the long term plan of the original terrorists.

Anyone with a modicum of intelligence will realize that the "original terrorists" as you describe them have been long dead. It's funny how these stories go like there is some sort of Zionist cabal that's been promoting war for generations. There is no such thing as "zionists" anymore - they existed over a century ago. What you call "zionists" now are just normal Israelis.

10 minutes ago, Hogs said:

These are JEW HATING anti semites and somehow can say it without the left batting an eyelid and even excusing it and blaming Trump 

It really is pathetic.

They are just going there to make trouble and I for one would not let you into my home if you 

1.) HATE ME 
2.) Call for my destruction 
3.) Stir up more hatred while visiting

Israel is absolutely right to deny these jew hating anti Israel liberals.

Nothing postive could come out of the visit.

Israel can deny anyone they like.

But they didnt deny them entry until Trump urged them to deny entry.

Anyway you look at it, its wrong.

1 minute ago, Sujo said:

Israel can deny anyone they like.

But they didnt deny them entry until Trump urged them to deny entry.

Anyway you look at it, its wrong.

It is not wrong by any measure, nothing positive can come out of letting those disgusting racists into Israel I am not even a jew but I stand against ANY true racists in this case disguised as Democrats.

2 minutes ago, Hogs said:

Try and string more than 3 words together mate 

Go on you can do it 

My post wasn't to you, it was to Morch. I tend not to reply to children who post in block capitals. Follow the thread and you will see that that train of thought comprises of a lot more than 3 words.

2 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

I have no time for any form of hate or bigotry. 

However people really should understand the labels they fling around. 

Bigotry is BS another word thrown around by the left when the reality is they are the real Bigots LOL since you know the terminology of the word and it is the LEFT ie(antifa for one) who refuse to let anyone have a difference of opinion and refuse to accept any opinion other than their own.

11 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

Don't you really mean "us Americans"? 555

Oops, more block capitals, you really need to grow up! 555

I think you are the one that needs to grow up LOL

He is you're President and you are all butthurt get over it 4 more years coming 

I am a Brit and think he is doing a fantastic job not only for American but triggering all the snowflakes too ???? it is a pleasure to watch 

Archived