BANGKOK
webfact

Trump urges China's Xi to meet Hong Kong protesters

54 minutes ago, Credo said:

What is astounding is his lack of knowledge of Asian culture.   Direct meetings run the risk of confrontation or loss of face.   That must be avoided at all cost, so middlemen are always employed to discuss sensitive issues.   

Face-to-face meetings are ceremonial and everything is agreed to in advance.   

...plus....Celestial Emperors (Xi) would never go down to the level of street protesters 

The norms of imperial China still hold true

As for Trump...maybe he's trolling Xi knowing full well that the 'meeting' will never happen anyway.

...and he's good at trolling

'Sleepy Joe Biden' 'Crazy Bernie' lmao

• Like 2

He’s begging the Chinese to surrender to his cunningly effective trade war tactic of threatening to attack with sanctions then immediately retreating.

His secret weapon that he knows will defeat the Chinese ‘Inverting US bond markets and tumbling stock prices’.

• Like 1

Juvenile nonsense from the occupant of the White House with the mentality of a toddler. These protesters want democracy. China cannot and will not permit that. Recall they shot possibly hundreds in 1989 who were after much the same, and these were ‘locals’ not some group of ‘crazy Islanders’ that could be more easily targeted by the military. 

The universe may be limitless, but compared to Trump’s stupidity, it has boundaries.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

My wife is still laughing.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

This from the lying jerk who talks to nobody but his daughter???

Posted (edited)

Mr Trump, how about you go and talk to some of the people in America who are demonstrating against you.

No, Mr Trump, don't do it. I'm only joking. It won't do you any good.
🙂

Edited by tonbridgebrit

12 hours ago, webfact said:

"If President Xi would meet directly and personally with the protesters, there would be a happy and enlightened ending to the Hong Kong problem. I have no doubt!" Trump tweeted.

Was there an emoticon or a smiley face on that tweet? I have to admit, Donald Trump just might be the internet's greatest supertroll.

• Like 1