Kasikorn Bank across from Thai Consulate

Are they able to withdraw money from your Thai Kasikorn account or are they completely detached from the Thailand branchs (as the Bangkok Bank in Vientiane was, as of 2 years ago)? I see by their location they want to serve people from Thailand so I hope they are integrated.

8 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

Who are able? You can surely withdraw, but as I am aware of the consultate will only accept cash.

Bangkok Bank in Vientiane was not connected to Thailand's system 2 years ago when I inquired in branch. So it would have been like using any foreign atm to access the funds, along with associated ATM usage and forex fees. Hopefully Kasikorn is further along especially being so close to the Thai consulate.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Hal65 said:

Bangkok Bank in Vientiane was not connected to Thailand's system 2 years ago when I inquired in branch. So it would have been like using any foreign atm to access the funds, along with associated ATM usage and forex fees. Hopefully Kasikorn is further along especially being so close to the Thai consulate.

You can always hope. ATM is working, though. Personally I do not think you will get away from the fees even if connected, due to that it´s still going to be a withdrawal in another country. If you want to get away from the fees, then your best solution is carrying the cash you need.

3 hours ago, Hal65 said:

are they completely detached from the Thailand branchs (as the Bangkok Bank in Vientiane was, as of 2 years ago)

My guess:

a Kasikorn bank in Laos operates under Laos law/bank license.

It's not a Thai bank branch on Laos soils and is not connected to their Thai customer database.

ATM should work. Do they spit Laos Kip?? Would need a big container.

Edited by KhunBENQ

6 minutes ago, allane said:

But what city are you enquiring about in your OP ? There is no "Thai Consulate" in Pattaya.

Oh right, I am asking about Vientiane where there is a kasikorn bank.

I just learned the answer, the call center said it's a commercial branch so will not act like a personal branch in any respect. ATM withdrawals would incur 100 thb fee plus 5% currency conversion fee.

Makes me wonder if they even have a hard currency exchange there now. I like to get kip as the local food vendors upcharge about 20% when using thai baht

Edited by Hal65