BANGKOK
spambot

Online TM.30 for occupiers - Not owners

Is there an online TM30 reporting for occupiers only, rather than owners.

If I look here at the IOS app it says that the app is for "Owner or occupant of a dwelling place" - is this really true?

https://apps.apple.com/th/app/section38/id1451853492?l=th

Since if I look on the Android app  - It makes no such claim

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=th.go.immigration.section38&hl=en_US

And if I look at the browser version url - It tells me nothing at all about who can use this service for TM30 reporting. 

https://extranet.immigration.go.th/fn24online/

There is no option for occupiers but there is one for possessor which is the term used in the immigration act 

From the online registration site.

image.png.333f375c9bd4ad3a8f3550a97f4444da.png

• Like 1

Thanks UbonJoe - Just to be clear since it does show as an option (on the description of the app) for IOS - But as you show there is is no actual option when using  the online (browser) from the screen capture that you have provided - Then there is no option for an occupier to use ANY online system (yet) - Is this correct?

so this makes the app pretty useless unless we are able to convince the Thai property owner to use the app

• Like 1

The ios app probably also doesn't have an option for "occupier" in this drop down, because occupier is never mentioned in any official document.

What is your legal situation in this property? Are you really just occupying it, but not possessing it?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, spambot said:

But as you show there is is no actual option when using  the online (browser) from the screen capture that you have provided

Shows it plainly in the screenshot.

23 minutes ago, spambot said:

Thanks UbonJoe - Just to be clear since it does show as an option (on the description of the app) for IOS - But as you show there is is no actual option when using  the online (browser) from the screen capture that you have provided - Then there is no option for an occupier to use ANY online system (yet) - Is this correct?

Occupier is poor wording for it. Possessor has the same meaning and the two are one in the same.

You can register as a possessor.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Occupier is poor wording for it. Possessor has the same meaning and the two are one in the same.

You can register as a possessor.

Ahhh OK - Got it - Thanks UbonJoe

25 minutes ago, jackdd said:

The ios app probably also doesn't have an option for "occupier" in this drop down, because occupier is never mentioned in any official document.

What is your legal situation in this property? Are you really just occupying it, but not possessing it?

Yup - That is probably true, unfortunately since I'm not an IOS user I had no way of testing this. My legal position is occupier.

16 minutes ago, spambot said:

My legal position is occupier.

You are also legally the possessor as well.

19 minutes ago, spambot said:

Yup - That is probably true, unfortunately since I'm not an IOS user I had no way of testing this. My legal position is occupier.

I think your understanding of "occupier" and "possessor" is somehow off.

Please explain your living situation. At what kind of place do you stay, who is the owner of the place where you stay and in which way were you given permission to stay there?

53 minutes ago, jackdd said:

I think your understanding of "occupier" and "possessor" is somehow off.

Please explain your living situation. At what kind of place do you stay, who is the owner of the place where you stay and in which way were you given permission to stay there?

Ok - You are probably right - I live in a condo in Bangkok together with 70 other residents and I have a 6 month contract to pay rent monthly. 

2 minutes ago, spambot said:

Ok - You are probably right - I live in a condo in Bangkok together with 70 other residents and I have a 6 month contract to pay rent monthly. 

You are the possessor

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

You are also legally the possessor and the occupier.

Ohhh - Right - I obviously misunderstood your reply - So as a person that rents a condo I do not own - I am the possessor - And therefore  I can use the online systems to report my TM.30.

And just to be clear when I leave to go back to UK in a few weeks time and return in a few months  if I get my password in time I can use the online system rather than visiting immigration to report TM.30 that I am at the same address - Is this correct?