BANGKOK
spambot

Online TM.30 for occupiers - Not owners

13 hours ago, fondue zoo said:

So if you live in a residence that is rented by your Thai partner from a Thai owner, the person responsible for the TM30 form would be your Thai partner?

To what post are you referring with the above?

Posted (edited)
On 8/16/2019 at 9:00 AM, ubonjoe said:

Occupier is poor wording for it. Possessor has the same meaning and the two are one in the same.

You can register as a possessor.

I think you could also register as the house master.  I rent my condo, but for the term of our agreement, this is my condo.  I choose who can walk through the front door.  The holder of the Chinote cannot just walk in without making prior arrangements with me and only for emergency reasons.

I am the master.

Edited by 4675636b596f75

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Maestro said:

What makes you believe that the document to which the link you have given leads is a ministerial order?

Ok, after checking it again: The order by the police director.

8 hours ago, Maestro said:

The fact that I cannot find a ministerial order replacing or modifying an earlier ministerial order does not necessarily mean that such newer ministerial order does not exist.

Of course not, but as explained before, the law says you have to inform your local police station.

If they wanted to change this, first they would have to change the immigration act, and then the police director would have to issue a new order to update the form.

We didn't find any such update, and when looking at the documents on the website of the Council of State, which keep getting updated by them if something new should be released, they also didn't see such an update.

So the chance that such an update exists is close to zero and most likely the TM28 which we currently find on the immigration websites is not correct.

If they had changed the form on purpose they would also have removed the "Your local police station..." line in the middle of it.

Edited by jackdd

38 minutes ago, jackdd said:

If they wanted to change this, first they would have to change the immigration act, and then the police director would have to issue a new order to update the form.

You seem to be forgetting that the Immigration Bureau is under the Royal Thai Police.

For all intents and purposes they are one in the same as far as what is written on the TM28 form and others.

The immigration act has not been changed since it was issued 40 years ago. No sure why it has never been at least amended to bring it up to date. It almost seems like it has a do not touch sign on put on it by the bureaucrats in Bangkok.

There are probably dozens of ministerial orders that have been issued under it and some have even been done as a work around for what the immigration act states.

It would be interesting to see what the Royal Thai Police Act B.E. 2547 states and the earlier ones it replaced. I am certain it defines what the Immigration Bureau can do since it is mentioned when police orders are issued.

• Like 1

On 8/16/2019 at 8:26 AM, ubonjoe said:

There is no option for occupiers but there is one for possessor which is the term used in the immigration act 

From the online registration site.

image.png.333f375c9bd4ad3a8f3550a97f4444da.png

Thailand elite staff just told me by email that possessor is not for tenants... who are the possessors if not the tenants ??

If only Germany would create a reciprocal law that applied to all Thais visiting there. The TM30 would vanish within a day.

1 minute ago, dcnx said:

If only Germany would create a reciprocal law that applied to all Thais visiting there. The TM30 would vanish within a day.

If they did that then we would need many many more things to come to visit Thailand, it would be very difficult to come here. For thais to visit EU they require tons of paperwork, that's why they don't need to do TM30's there.

Posted (edited)
On 8/18/2019 at 12:22 AM, Maestro said:

What makes you believe that the document to which the link you have given leads is a ministerial order?

I would please all posters, 

esspecially  in such essentially legal things belonging the the use of the actual law of the country where we live all together, to comment in a straight foreward way to get the highest benefit for all.

Want say:

1.) Explain what is to discuss

2.) What is your oppinion

3.) Maybe give a conclusion

In this particular toppic it could be:

Hi jackdd,

(1) that is not a ministerial order, its a police rule.

(3) Could be you put a wrong link 😉

Additionally i want to ask all of the posters are joining the tm30 related threads:

Who  can read the thai law written in thai, fluent, and understand immediatily what is written without any use of a computerbased translationtool, and can explain the content right away in thai in in his own language?

From time to time, i have the feeling, it is  a discussion like blind persons discussing about colour.

Edited by schlemmi
minor change.
  • Sad 1

On 8/18/2019 at 12:10 AM, Maestro said:

The fact that I cannot find a ministerial order replacing or modifying an earlier ministerial order does not necessarily mean that such newer ministerial order does not exist.

Ask by writing a letter to the officials. Writing a letter and follow up until it gets a result.

Not asking by talking with incompetent IOs.

On 8/18/2019 at 12:41 AM, 4675636b596f75 said:

I think you could also register as the house master.  I rent my condo, but for the term of our agreement, this is my condo.  I choose who can walk through the front door.  The holder of the Chinote cannot just walk in without making prior arrangements with me and only for emergency reasons.

I am the master.

If there is a housemaster according to the housebook, this housemaster decides who passes the frontdor. In both ways, in or out.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, schlemmi said:

If there is a housemaster according to the housebook, this housemaster decides who passes the frontdor. In both ways, in or out.

When I have a lease on an apartment or other type of residence, it is I who decide whom I invite into this residence.

Posted (edited)

Removed a troll post (incorrect information and mostly incomprehensible and also in violation of forum rule 1)

Edited by Maestro
Added link to forum rules
  • Thanks 1