TM30 owner/possessor explained in Thai

My landlord is hesitating to renew my contract due to fear over the TM30 situation. Is there anything in Thai language I can point her to (including the relevant section of the immigration act) that would convince her that I can file as possessor entirely by myself, and that she won't need to do anything? She's outside Bangkok so filing myself is the only realistic option. It's a regular condo, with juristic office downstairs. 

First part of the quote from the looks of it:

เจ้าบ้าน เจ้าของบ้านหรือผู้ครอบครองเคหสถาน

"The host, home owner or occupant of the house

If you don't use the English version of the site (i.e. run the Thai through an external translator). English version doesn't mention possessor/occupant?

Edited by Salerno
  • Thanks 1

Well legally the Housemaster has to fill, it's the name that is registered in the Housebook.

Which is most likely hers, but theres a Power of Attorney she can fill out then it's your problem, it's linked here: 

She should be able to understand that and make her own conclusion, i guess..

Immigration-power-of-attorney.jpeg

I use this PoA to send a motorbike driver there to do the shit for me, works at CW.

So basically she gives you the PoA to fill yourself, make sure u got housebook and id copy from her tho.

Edited by ThomasThBKK

25 minutes ago, ThomasThBKK said:

Well legally the Housemaster has to fill, it's the name that is registered in the Housebook.

The way I understand it is that I can file as housemaster (as possessor) without needing any documentation from her at all, I just need something in Thai that would make it clear to her that she will not be required to do anything about the TM30 issue.

"My landlord is hesitating to renew my contract due to fear over the TM30 situation. 

Perhaps she has a reason why she doesn't want to do this. Perhaps she doesn't want that the government knows that she rents out rooms? Did you ask her why she doesn't want? But she might not want to tell you the true reason.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, lamyai3 said:

The way I understand it is that I can file as housemaster (as possessor) without needing any documentation from her at all, I just need something in Thai that would make it clear to her that she will not be required to do anything about the TM30 issue.

CW accepts rental contracts if you go in person or via mail, so that should work.

The closest thing i can imagine is this printout from CW that is thai and english and kinda proofs your point: 

As you can see it says the rental  contract is enough if you dont have owner documents, but if that will please her is questionable as she prolly doesn't want the rental contract to end up at immigration?

There is no law to back this, it's normally the housemasters (as listed in tabiaan baan) main duty which is her.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, lamyai3 said:

First of all yes you can file as possessor. If I was in your boat I would consider using a Thai friend to chat with your landlady to explain. Of course you would need to first give clear advice to the Thai friend. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, ThomasThBKK said:

Well legally the Housemaster has to fill, it's the name that is registered in the Housebook...

For the TM.30 notification requirement, the house master mentioned in section 38 of the Immigration Act is the house master as defined in section 4 of the Immigration Act.

Therefore, for a rented residence house master means the chief possessor in his capacity as tenant.

Tenant = possessor = house master.

Aside from that, legally as per section 38 the house master, owner or possessor must make the notification of arrival at the residence.

• Like 1

Here you have what you want:

Start the video at 1:40:30

The IO answers (in Thai) that a foreigner can file the TM30 for himself using the TM30 form, copy of the owner's id card and your passport (he didn't mention it, but also bring a copy of the house book, would not surprise me if they ask for it)

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, jackdd said:

Here you have what you want:

Start the video at 1:40:30

The IO answers (in Thai) that a foreigner can file the TM30 for himself using the TM30 form, copy of the owner's id card and your passport (he didn't mention it, but also bring a copy of the house book, would not surprise me if they ask for it)

Thanks, I have a copy of the owners ID with my contract, I doubt I'd be able to get a copy of the house book or other documents though. Would the rental contract be enough by itself for me to do my own registration as possessor via the app? 

6 minutes ago, lamyai3 said:

Thanks, I have a copy of the owners ID with my contract, I doubt I'd be able to get a copy of the house book or other documents though. Would the rental contract be enough by itself for me to do my own registration as possessor via the app? 

Yes I have personally done it. Personally (Dec, 2018) in Person so why not the app.. Without the owners ID. Me, a TM30, my passport and the lease. Done. Next.

Edited by Nyezhov
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

Yes I have personally done it. Personally (Dec, 2018) in Person so why not the app.. Without the owners ID. Me, a TM30, my passport and the lease. Done. Next.

Hopefully the app will be the same, or they'll be flexible about it, as there's going to be an enormous number of people having trouble getting copies of some of the documents. I don't know if they've tightened up on the papers they require since the enforcement started in March this year. 

18 hours ago, Salerno said:

First part of the quote from the looks of it:

If you don't use the English version of the site (i.e. run the Thai through an external translator). English version doesn't mention possessor/occupant?

It stands like this:

According to section 38 of the 1979 immigration act, "House owners, heads of household, landlords or managers of hotels who accommodate foreign nationals on a temporary basis who stay in the kingdom legally, must notify the local immigration authorities within 24 hours from the time of arrival of the foreign national." If there is no immigration office in the province or locality of the respective house or hotel, the notification is made to the local police station. In Bangkok the notification is made to the Immigration Bureau.

I would assume that heads of household would mean the same as the possessor. ???? 

On the other hand, he is showing it to a Thai, so the english version will not be used anyway.

Edited by Matzzon