Chalong - New resort.

Old Croc

For Information.

In another thread I once asked if anyone knew what was planned for the cleared area on the waterfront between Kan Eang 2 and the Yacht Club.

passport.JPG

It seems a new resort is planned- The Passport Resort and Yacht Club is about to begin construction. It will abut the sea wall, and promotional pics show large motor vessels tied up a few meters away (Difficult to achieve I would have thought as it is tidal and very shallow).

http://www.thepassport.asia/

1 hour ago, pagallim said:

There are containers on site at the moment, probably as temporary offices/worker accommodation.   What they have also recently installed is a floating jetty, which reaches deeper water at low tide.

Construction to start in November.

12 hours ago, madmitch said:

Bungalow Ao Chalong is just north of the Yacht Club ans is still running.

That is Ao Chalong Villa Resort and Spa, and you are correct, it is still in business.

A group of what seemed to be houses (now demolished) on the new Passport site, were called Bungalow Ao Chalong.

12 hours ago, Old Croc said:

That is Ao Chalong Villa Resort and Spa, and you are correct, it is still in business.

A group of what seemed to be houses (now demolished) on the new Passport site, were called Bungalow Ao Chalong.

I know it's called that. I know the owner (Thai/Chinese guy). It was odd that a Google search brought it up at the same location, leaving me to assume it was the same place.

• 3 weeks later...

I guess it is this one

Wyndham Chalong Phuket, slated to open in 2Q2020 and also owned by Cissa Group, will feature 150 pool villas, including two- and three-bedroom options. Located near Chalong Bay, the resort will also offer an all-day restaurant, a bar, a spa, a fitness centre and modern meeting spaces.

And for those interested in Nai Harn:

Wyndham Nai Harn Resort Phuket, scheduled to open in 4Q2019, will become the first internationally-branded hotel in the Nai Harn area of Phuket. Owned by Cissa Group, the resort will boast a large swimmable lagoon covering the entire ground floor, flowing between the buildings and directly accessible from many of the 353 rooms and suites. Other features include restaurants, a swim-up bar, a rooftop garden and lounge, a spa and wellness centre as well as meeting rooms.

1 hour ago, chercheur888 said:

I guess it is this one

Wyndham Chalong Phuket, slated to open in 2Q2020 and also owned by Cissa Group, will feature 150 pool villas, including two- and three-bedroom options. Located near Chalong Bay, the resort will also offer an all-day restaurant, a bar, a spa, a fitness centre and modern meeting spaces.

No. The resort that is subject of this thread was named in the first post. It's situated on prime land right on the bay and work is due to begin very shortly.

The place to which you refer is in a back street area near the zoo. It would be more accurately described as a residential villa project than a resort.

3 hours ago, chercheur888 said:

I guess it is this one

And for those interested in Nai Harn:

Wyndham Nai Harn Resort Phuket, scheduled to open in 4Q2019, will become the first internationally-branded hotel in the Nai Harn area of Phuket. Owned by Cissa Group, the resort will boast a large swimmable lagoon covering the entire ground floor, flowing between the buildings and directly accessible from many of the 353 rooms and suites. Other features include restaurants, a swim-up bar, a rooftop garden and lounge, a spa and wellness centre as well as meeting rooms.

Wyndham also have a project in Kata. Seems like they're investing a few baht.

17 hours ago, steelepulse said:

If I am reading their website correctly, this is a glorified timeshare which gets you 30 days a year "free" in the low season. Fantastic!

Yes, Wyndham is timeshare, and nothing glorified about it.

On 9/4/2019 at 1:51 PM, DrDave said:

Wow, starting at 3.5 million baht for a 28 square meter studio shoebox with no kitchenette. Based on the websites promoting this property, it appears to be aimed at the Russian market.

So it is a time share on the 'Beach' at the <deleted>tiest part of Chalong, right next to the power boats and their noise, smell of fuel every day, have a walk on the beach from my shoebox in a metre of <deleted>ty mud. No thanks

On 9/7/2019 at 4:26 PM, stuandjulie said:

So it is a time share on the 'Beach' at the <deleted>tiest part of Chalong, right next to the power boats and their noise, smell of fuel every day, have a walk on the beach from my shoebox in a metre of <deleted>ty mud. No thanks

pity the guys that end up working as touts. Wyndman is hiring right now

On 9/9/2019 at 4:29 PM, bearpolar said:

pity the guys that end up working as touts. Wyndman is hiring right now

Just to clarify, the subject of this thread is "The Passport", which is not part of the Wyndham group. 

Discussion of Wyndham projects are best placed here:

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1122466-wyndham-adds-two-more-hotels-for-phuket’s-south/

I don't know if "The Passport" will be selling units as timeshare.

11 hours ago, Old Croc said:

Just to clarify, the subject of this thread is "The Passport", which is not part of the Wyndham group. 

<snip>

I don't know if "The Passport" will be selling units as timeshare.

Their website states the project type as "Freehold and Leasehold Condominium", so I don't think they'll be selling timeshares at The Passport.

This project is to the north, and somewhat removed, from the boats parked on the beach. Although tidal and unsuitable for swimming the sea bed is mainly compacted sand, not mud. 

The timeshare you're whining about is inland several kms away.

Archived