BANGKOK
Old Croc

Chalong - New resort.

If I am reading their website correctly, this is a glorified timeshare which gets you 30 days a year "free" in the low season. Fantastic!

• Haha 2

17 hours ago, steelepulse said:

If I am reading their website correctly, this is a glorified timeshare which gets you 30 days a year "free" in the low season. Fantastic!

Yes, Wyndham is timeshare, and nothing glorified about it.

On 9/4/2019 at 1:51 PM, DrDave said:

Wow, starting at 3.5 million baht for a 28 square meter studio shoebox with no kitchenette. Based on the websites promoting this property, it appears to be aimed at the Russian market.

So it is a time share on the 'Beach' at the <deleted>tiest part of Chalong, right next to the power boats and their noise, smell of fuel every day, have a walk on the beach from my shoebox in a metre of <deleted>ty mud. No thanks

On 9/7/2019 at 4:26 PM, stuandjulie said:

So it is a time share on the 'Beach' at the <deleted>tiest part of Chalong, right next to the power boats and their noise, smell of fuel every day, have a walk on the beach from my shoebox in a metre of <deleted>ty mud. No thanks

pity the guys that end up working as touts. Wyndman is hiring right now

• Like 1

On 9/9/2019 at 4:29 PM, bearpolar said:

pity the guys that end up working as touts. Wyndman is hiring right now

Just to clarify, the subject of this thread is "The Passport", which is not part of the Wyndham group. 

Discussion of Wyndham projects are best placed here:

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1122466-wyndham-adds-two-more-hotels-for-phuket’s-south/

I don't know if "The Passport" will be selling units as timeshare.

11 hours ago, Old Croc said:

Just to clarify, the subject of this thread is "The Passport", which is not part of the Wyndham group. 

<snip>

I don't know if "The Passport" will be selling units as timeshare.

Their website states the project type as "Freehold and Leasehold Condominium", so I don't think they'll be selling timeshares at The Passport.

This project is to the north, and somewhat removed, from the boats parked on the beach. Although tidal and unsuitable for swimming the sea bed is mainly compacted sand, not mud. 

The timeshare you're whining about is inland several kms away.

It's an area that gets nice breezes and is very quiet.