BANGKOK
webfact

Get 3,000 baht for reporting illegal street racers, RTP tells public

They should form a committee on how to get the police to do what the police should be doing, and stop trying to figure out how to get everyone else to do what police normally do~actively enforce the law~everywhere at all times 24/7.  Pay them more, and fire the ones that don't do their jobs

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I got pulled over by two flatfoots for walking too fast.  Guessing there is some serious money to be made. 

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, PatOngo said:

You may get capped yourself if they find out who reported them!

You may be capped for suggesting someone may get capped for capping a street racer. Do you see how ridiculous such statements are?  

7 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Will I also get money when I report all those idiots who drive while they play with their "smart" phone?

And how about people in luxury cars who make illegal turns and U-turns?

No... 

Wow the police are insinuating that people may  make a false report to earn 3000 baht, Shirley not.

• Like 1

Did anybody ever get the promised 2000 baht for reporting a motocy on the sidewalk?

This highlights the ineffectiveness of the police . My town of Prasat near Surin has a weekly street racing event on Friday & Saturday , some times Sunday . Have seen police road blocks ( Rare occasion ) but the non helmeted motor cyclists drive around them , make a "u" turn 500 meters down the road and come back doing 100 kph plus in a defiant way on their non baffled exhausts and laughing at the police . Not only dangerous to other road users and pedestrians , the noise factor is deafening and whole problem is out of control .

Had a similar problem near my UK home but it was cars that were racing on the streets at weekends . Police clamped down in numbers and impounded the cars , solved in a month  .  

Posted (edited)
22 hours ago, Farangwithaplan said:

I'll be cleaning up next month. Is there a cap on the number of rewards?

good question.....and you should ask just how long would it take to gain a successful prosecution and when would one receive the 3k????

Edited by essox essox
wrong spelling

4 hours ago, Youlike said:

Did anybody ever get the promised 2000 baht for reporting a motocy on the sidewalk?

good question again...there are NEVER any follow up reports on Thai Visa!!!!! regarding anything....

• Like 1

On 8/16/2019 at 10:08 AM, OneMoreFarang said:

Will I also get money when I report all those idiots who drive while they play with their "smart" phone?

And how about people in luxury cars who make illegal turns and U-turns?

I see them all the time. I am sure I would make a lot of money even if the police would only pay 500B for each offender.

"If there are successful prosecutions the informant can get 3,000 baht. The money would come from a special "investigation fund". 

Bad sign that police can not enforce the law themselves. Next up will be 10.000 Baht for information about non TM30 reporting. Just wait ;-(

• Like 1