Yellow book question

Hi all, I realise there have been many discussions on this in the past but I'm only able to find differing opinions on the matter.

I live in an apartment in Bangkok with my girlfriend, coming up to our renewal of our first 6 month lease.

I'm curious as to whether I'd be eligible for the yellow book (assuming the landlord / company agrees?).

I see a lot of posts wherein people have been successful with marriage certificates, but I'm outside of this band.

Cheers

Sent from my ELE-L29 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

I should add, I do have a work permit and appropriate visa

Another question, what about registering via my partner's parent's blue book at their address in BKK, though I do not ever stay there. Would that interfere with the TM30 in anyway - is that even legal? (Not that I've completed a TM30 in over a year of being here.....)

Sent from my ELE-L29 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

3 minutes ago, jackdd said:

Why do you want to be registered in a yellow book?

As from what I have read, it does have minor benefits by itself, but more so as it is (?) a requirement for the pink card - which again does bring some minor benefits of its own. Not to mention they may come in handy down the line.

The yellow housebook serves for address confirmation purposes. But your work permit does the same, so for you the yellow book itself has no benefits.

Officially the pink id card has no benefits, at some places you might get the Thai price with it because it confuses the people who sell the tickets.

If the owner agrees you can have your name put in a yellow house book.

Theoretically you are of course supposed to live where you are registered, but nobody will come to check this.

House book and TM30 have nothing to do with each other.

Thank you for the reply. I'm wondering if it may be easier picking one address (my partner's parent's house here in BKK) and using that for TM30, extension, 90 day reporting and so on. Then just residing in my rented condo (as they never take notice (read: aren't told) when/if I leave the country anyway).

Though obviously the legality of this comes into question. I have no bills here registered to my name but still not sure the potential implications of this, especially as the tenancy is joint in my name - as will the renewal be.

4 minutes ago, jackdd said:

The yellow housebook serves for address confirmation purposes. But your work permit does the same, so for you the yellow book itself has no benefits.

Officially the pink id card has no benefits, at some places you might get the Thai price with it because it confuses the people who sell the tickets.

Theoretically you are of course supposed to live where you are registered, but nobody will come to check this.

Unfortunately my work permit is one of the digital ones, it doesn't have my address.

Thanks for the reply, appreciated

1 hour ago, jackdd said:

Isnt it the case that work permits no longer have an address in them ? I know they can no longer be used at DLT for that reason.

22 hours ago, IronMan66 said:

I'm only able to find differing opinions on the matter.

The reason you find differing opinions is that district offices (amphur) throughout Thailand have different requirements to issue the yellow book. Therefore you should ask the office that administers the district where you live what their requirements are.

On 8/16/2019 at 10:19 AM, IronMan66 said:

As from what I have read, it does have minor benefits by itself, but more so as it is (?) a requirement for the pink card - which again does bring some minor benefits of its own. Not to mention they may come in handy down the line.

As you only rent the Condo it’s up to the owner and they would have to go with you . Yes the yellow book and pink ID card are useful I make use of mine all the time when I go to the dentist or private hospital they charge you the Thai rate , I can go buy a vehicle without the need to get a letter that costs 500 baht from the IO I get discount on the ferry boat when hopping islands so it does have its purpose the other thing is I have never had to fill in a TM30. The IO told me I didn’t need to.

On 8/16/2019 at 11:58 AM, Toosetinmyways said:

Depends on ampour. My one states you must be married for yellow book application .

Too true, plus also resident for 12 months at mine. When we registered our marriage I asked "can I now have a yellow book and pink ID card please?". The answer was 'no, go back to the British Consulate and get another translated/certified copy of your passport and also of your birth certificate'. Had to bite my tongue! I'm not prepared to go back again.

22 hours ago, crazykopite said:

I can go buy a vehicle without the need to get a letter that costs 500 baht from the IO

Ha Ha Ha try that in Trat, Trat IO helped me (even phoned the transport office woman) and gave me the letter free,and anyway the letter is 200 baht.

On 8/16/2019 at 11:58 AM, Toosetinmyways said:

Depends on ampour. My one states you must be married for yellow book application .

Not Bang Rakam by any chance. That's what they told me. My gf told 'em she would not marry me!

Archived