How many times can I fly to Thailand

Hi guys,

I'm Australian flew over to Thailand 2 weeks ago to see my girlfriend and stayed for 28 days. I'm flying again next week and staying for another 28 days, just wondering if there would be any problems with Immigration. This is my second time travelling to Thailand within 2 months. Will I be okay? it's making me stress.

Cheers, appreciate it.

Sorry man, I'm currently in australia on 3rd of july I flew to thailand and stayed until 1 august, I'm planning to fly again on the 20th next week and stay another 28 days, Yes i am aware but I can only stay a month due to work

Edited by goldskie

13 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

It would not hurt to have those in case you were asked to show one or more of them.

20,000 baht cash or Oz/USA dollars equivalent in your hip pocket would be better than a print out. Print out of flight details and hotel booking is ok.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Isaanbiker said:

As often as your wallet allows you. 

29 minutes ago, goldskie said:

I thought it was 10,000 baht or equivalent?

Nope, it's 20 K. 

No. It’s 20K with a visa. If entering using visa exempt it’s only 10K.

Edited by elviajero
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, goldskie said:

This is my second time travelling to Thailand within 2 months. Will I be okay?

Probably.

It’s worth getting a letter from your girlfriend inviting you to visit and a copy of her ID.  You can then show justifiable reason for your frequent visits if you’re questioned by the immigration officer.

1 hour ago, goldskie said:

Would it be worth while to print off my funds, hotel and return flight?,

If you’re staying at your girlfriends address include that in the letter. Otherwise a hotel reservation is good to have. 

You should have an onward flight, and at least 10K baht in cash. It could be all or part in AUS $.

• Thanks 1

I don't really have any plans for hotels I never really book. But I will be able to provide proof of finance and return ticket, I'm meeting my girlfriend when I arrive at the airport, Is her Thai ID really necessary. Surely I'll be fine for my 2nd time into Thailand.

Once again cheers,

33 minutes ago, goldskie said:

What was the reason? <deleted> thats got me a bit worried

Read that he wrote was initially denied entry. He was not denied entry. He was only pulled to the side and questioned before being allowed to enter the country according to a post he did about it.

35 minutes ago, goldskie said:

What was the reason? <deleted> thats got me a bit worried

Don't worry. With your history you will have no problem. Have the cash on you. You can make a "free cancellation" accom booking on something like agoda. Not necessary but wouldn't hurt.  Happy days. 

5 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Read that he wrote was initially denied entry. He was not denied entry. He was only pulled to the side and questioned before being allowed to enter the country according to a post he did about it.

The DOE is a procedure with many steps. It should start with questioning before a DOE decision is made, but in my case, it didn’t.

I consider a DOE is in effect when the competent authority decides to enforce a DOE against a passenger and orders his expulsion.

I was returning from a side trip and standing in line for a regular immigration booth when I noticed a Priority Lane at the last booth on the right. I moved there. The male IO took my passport and began skimming through all the pages. It had irked me before when I saw IOs doing that. Just stamp me in.

But a smile creeped over the IO’s face, like ah ha, got one. I guess he was looking for a pattern of repeat, back-to-back visa exempt entries and thought he found one. He led me to an open area next to his booth, where there was a gaggle of IOs and bewildered passengers, and a table with a PC on it and chairs around it.

He showed my passport to a older female IO, who was obviously the officer in charge. She barely glanced at it before going totally ballistic. She turned to me, pointed in the direction of the departure gates, and screamed “OUT!”, her face full of rage. To be honest, I don’t remember the exact words because I was in a state of shock. It could have been “BACK” or something to that effect.

I was told to have a seat and wait. Occasionally a male IO would pick up my passport and study it. Apparently someone would say something to the dragon lady and she would shout out again, “No, he’s out.” She told me, “You know about visas.” When I told her I didn’t, which was true, she basically called me a liar: “I don’t believe you.”

As far as I’m concerned, my case was initially definitely a DOE. To this day, I still don’t understand how I was eventually let in.

The reason I made the post above is that it might not be a matter of the number of VE entries in a calendar year. At the end of last year, I took a trip to Thailand, and made a side trip while here. All on VE entries.

Edited by 10years
separate paragraphs

A few years back (december 2017), I was detained at Suvarnabhumpi airport, arriving from Vientiane. I did not have a visa and I anticipated obtaining a 30 visa exempt stamp. However, I had travelled into Thailand from Laos about three times previously in as many months.

Immigration were not going to give me the entry stamp. I was taken to a separate desk and I was informed that I was to be sent back to Vientiane - I explained I was planning on visiting my Thai wife. There then ensued a long discussion between the IO and my wife - my wife told me that there is an old rule whereby you can be denied entry if you enter Thailand on three occasions you enter without a visa within a rolling period of 180 days. Eventually, the IO said I would be allowed entry, but if I planned on visiting Thailand in the near future I would require a visa. Let us know how you fare.

I came in during 2018 many times on a visa exempt. Only stayed 10-15 days each time then left. Was never challenged at immigration at BKK airport.

I think having a return airline ticket booking with you and the right amount of Thai Baht or equivalent on you , you’ll be ok. I think their concern might be that you are working here but a couple of visits shouldn’t arouse suspicions.

36 entries in the last 7 years. Last year 6 with an SETV & an METV seperated BY 9 days in July last year, 3 this year for a 90 day run and to squeak the last 90 days our if my METV, now on an Non-Imm ED. I was asked questions about my ED on my entry but otherwise never questioned beforehand. 

I also have a close friend that enters 5 or 6 times a year on VE for anywhere up to 30 days at a time via both BKK & DMK. 

Going by all the reports it’s a mixed bag but as stated, there’s many back stories that don’t get told. I genuinely think you’ll be fine

Edited by MadMuhammad

I know a few off shore workers on a 28 day work on/off cylcle and come into Thailand visa exempt for their off time. To my knowledge non of them have ever had a problem entering Thailand. They have been doing this for years.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jimn said:

I know a few off shore workers on a 28 day work on/off cylcle and come into Thailand visa exempt for their off time. To my knowledge non of them have ever had a problem entering Thailand. They have been doing this for years.

we are several who is working offshore on 2/4 scedule, and do not have any problems to attend on VE so far.  (2 weeks on, 4 - 8 off)

• Like 1

16 hours ago, jimn said:

There have been posts on this board from people who are working this schedule, who have been told to get Non-Imm-O 's as they are coming in to visit a Thai wife and not 'tourists'. Particularly problematic now as the multiple is no longer available in the new online UK system. 

7 hours ago, jacko45k said:

There have been posts on this board from people who are working this schedule, who have been told to get Non-Imm-O 's as they are coming in to visit a Thai wife and not 'tourists'. Particularly problematic now as the multiple is no longer available in the new online UK system. 

These are single guys I am talking about.

8 hours ago, jacko45k said:

I will update if any of us or any we know of getting stopped or denied, but so far, I have not heard of none coming back after 3 weeks or more, and frequently staying more than 6 months a year in Thailand working offshore. We are not travelling back to back, but have a decent stay outside, and fly in every time to Bangkok. 

In my passport I have over 20 (!) pages with stamps from Suvarnabhumi airport officers showing my "record" of the past 5-6 years: I never ever had or applied for a Visa, I always present my passport at immigration at Suvarnabhumi airport and get a stamp (Visa Exemption) that allows me to stay up to 30 days. I never ever was questioned about my strange looking passport with tons of stamps and even more the huge entry list the computer must show the officer that checks/scans my passport. I come to Thailand by plane 7-9 times every year and stay between 15-20 days per trip.

8 minutes ago, lemonwaterjoe said:

In my passport I have over 20 (!) pages with stamps from Suvarnabhumi airport officers showing my "record" of the past 5-6 years: I never ever had or applied for a Visa, I always present my passport at immigration at Suvarnabhumi airport and get a stamp (Visa Exemption) that allows me to stay up to 30 days. I never ever was questioned about my strange looking passport with tons of stamps and even more the huge entry list the computer must show the officer that checks/scans my passport. I come to Thailand by plane 7-9 times every year and stay between 15-20 days per trip.

Famous last words :whistling:

RAZZ

• Like 1

On 8/18/2019 at 10:00 AM, jimn said:

Not true, I am one of them (well not exactly same as I am 21/21) and was told in no uncertain terms that if I returned next trip on a VE I would be refused entry. 

This was after maybe 3/4 years of VE. 

Its a lottery. I have friends doing same as me still on VE many years after. 

* waits for some one to say I must look dodgy. 

Edited by Kadilo
  • Like 1