How many times can I fly to Thailand

I was told at the Malaysian border that i can only enter twice per year by land or i need to fly in.

Can anyone confirm?  I was think of going to Lao for a couple of weeks then returning but i guess not by land?

Edited by Don Chance

8 minutes ago, Don Chance said:

I was told at the Malaysian border that i can only enter twice per year by land or i need to fly in.

You can only do 2 visa exempt entries per calendar year at land border crossings.

There is no limit if you have a valid visa or re-entry permit for entry.

1 hour ago, lemonwaterjoe said:

In my passport I have over 20 (!) pages with stamps from Suvarnabhumi airport officers showing my "record" of the past 5-6 years: I never ever had or applied for a Visa, I always present my passport at immigration at Suvarnabhumi airport and get a stamp (Visa Exemption) that allows me to stay up to 30 days. I never ever was questioned about my strange looking passport with tons of stamps and even more the huge entry list the computer must show the officer that checks/scans my passport. I come to Thailand by plane 7-9 times every year and stay between 15-20 days per trip.

You are still below 180 days a year on that scedule. So it should not be a problem at all. 

53 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You can only do 2 visa exempt entries per calendar year at land border crossings.

There is no limit if you have a valid visa or re-entry permit for entry.

Misleading. Why are there reports of entry to DM with valid visa and having been denied entry flown back to embarkation. Few current threads regarding very worried trying to fly into los VE with history. 

16 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

What the f......

Where anywhere is a rule/law relating 180 days per year. Stop nonsense post.

we are awere of there is no clear limit, but if there would be anything close to it, it would be around 180 days!

"How many Visa Exemptions can I use?

By land entry, you can have 2 per year – see above. By Air, there doesn’t seem to be consistently firm rules.

A Thai visa service that deals with visas every day say that when travelling by air “people using OUT/IN method to extend their stay” – so flying out the country, spending 1-2 days away, the coming back to Thailand – “might be questioned after SIX visa exempt entries. There is no specific period given and there is no rule on how many visa exempt will be issued for one person“. But six entries in one year seems to be enough to make immigration say “what is this person doing?

The Royal Thai Consulate in Cardiff states “Those who enter by air can only enter 3 times over a 6 month period (with a visa exemption)”.  This is the first time I’ve seen this rule published, and the number seems low – if you’re a tourist hopping around Asia for a few months you might go through Thailand a few times.

Regardless, it is clear that any rules that do exist are designed to prevent people staying long term on something designed for tourists. So I think the general rule must be that using Visa Exemptions repeatedly after each other will likely give you some trouble“.

https://www.locationindependent.co.uk/thai-visas-digital-nomad-guide/#Overview

Edited by Hummin
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, Hummin said:

we are awere of there is no clear limit, but if there would be anything close to it, it would be around 180 days!

"How many Visa Exemptions can I use?

By land entry, you can have 2 per year – see above. By Air, there doesn’t seem to be consistently firm rules.

A Thai visa service that deals with visas every day say that when travelling by air “people using OUT/IN method to extend their stay” – so flying out the country, spending 1-2 days away, the coming back to Thailand – “might be questioned after SIX visa exempt entries. There is no specific period given and there is no rule on how many visa exempt will be issued for one person“. But six entries in one year seems to be enough to make immigration say “what is this person doing?

The Royal Thai Consulate in Cardiff states “Those who enter by air can only enter 3 times over a 6 month period (with a visa exemption)”.  This is the first time I’ve seen this rule published, and the number seems low – if you’re a tourist hopping around Asia for a few months you might go through Thailand a few times.

Regardless, it is clear that any rules that do exist are designed to prevent people staying long term on something designed for tourists. So I think the general rule must be that using Visa Exemptions repeatedly after each other will likely give you some trouble“.

https://www.locationindependent.co.uk/thai-visas-digital-nomad-guide/#Overview

Ubon will be along to guide you. Never rely on the links you post. I would not even bother reading them. Fact is most folk in los using VE are border bounce 2 times. Then follow with couple setv. At some point need fly into Thailand. By that stage can be denied entry even with valid visa. This method of remaining in los might give you a year or less. 

58 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Misleading. Why are there reports of entry to DM with valid visa and having been denied entry flown back to embarkation. Few current threads regarding very worried trying to fly into los VE with history. 

My post is incorrect. Did not realize ubon referring to border entry. With visa no limit border entrt as ubon advised.

Edited by DrJack54

2 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Ubon will be along to guide you. Never rely on the links you post. I would not even bother reading them. Fact is most folk in los using VE are border bounce 2 times. Then follow with couple setv. At some point need fly into Thailand. By that stage can be denied entry even with valid visa. This method of remaining in los might give you a year or less. 

cant help you if you do not even bother to read some few lines! 

Edited by Hummin