True Internet Switching from 5g to 2g

stament

If the router is dual band it should broadcast 2 wifi access point. Otherwise you need to change the band or frequency of the wifi access point from the settings of your router interface. It should say 2.4Ghz or legacy band. 

34 minutes ago, Tayaout said:

If the router is dual band it should broadcast 2 wifi access point.

Which is the case for 3BB. Would be surprising if True router doesn't serve 2.4 GHz.

Still many devices that can't do 5 GHz.

Routers broadcast whatever is switched on in their software, they don't flip-flop between bands, most are set to broadcast both.

Find the default router log-in and rename the two bands so that is is obvious, for example STAMENT2 and STAMENT5.

Your printer will then see STAMENT2 .

Dual band devices will see BOTH and you can choose your preference, or if you add the connection details of both, the device will connect to either according the preference order or the strongest signal depending on how they are set up.

On 8/16/2019 at 2:38 PM, stament said:

We have both but I think 2.4g only kicks in when 5g is down. Not sure how to manually switch to 2.4g...

May be time for a true engineer visit....

There is 2 radios transmitter. I think you only see the 2.4g when you are too far or on a device that doesn't support 5g. 5g doesn't work well throught walls and distance. 

3 hours ago, Tayaout said:

There is 2 radios transmitter. I think you only see the 2.4g when you are too far or on a device that doesn't support 5g. 5g doesn't work well throught walls and distance. 

You'll see both bands ALL of the time.

With a dual-band device it will swap between bands according to the strength of the signal, as above the 5Ghz signal suffers greater losses through solid objects.

6 hours ago, The Fat Controller said:

You'll see both bands ALL of the time.

With a dual-band device it will swap between bands according to the strength of the signal, as above the 5Ghz signal suffers greater losses through solid objects.

My point is that 5g doesn't travel far or throught wall. He seems confused why sometimes he see only 1 access point. If I stand outside my house then my device see only 2.4g.

Archived