Drug addict jailed after threatening wife, kids

Rimmer

Drug addict jailed after threatening wife, kids

1359-nc10-Drug-addict-jailed.jpg

SATTAHIP:--Sattahip police arrested a drug addict who threatened to kill his wife and two children.

Jarat Injom, 39, was captured hiding in the bedroom of his Moo 4 village home where he had barricaded himself after wife Sangwein Prasannet, 34, called police.

She told authorities she’d been married to Jarat for eight years and they had two children, ages 5 and 8. But for the past two years he has been addicted to crystal methamphetamine.

When high he often acting crazy and aggressive, she said, but she never sought help. But today he threatened both her and her children with a knife, so she called police.

-- PATTAYA MAIL 2019-08-16—

In thirty years of working in the addiction field I have not seen a drug that equals meth for its rapid destruction of a human being both physically and psychologically.

it is in my opinion the most aggressive psychosis creating drug  I’ve ever seen.

1 hour ago, Tropposurfer said:

In thirty years of working in the addiction field I have not seen a drug that equals meth for its rapid destruction of a human being both physically and psychologically.

it is in my opinion the most aggressive psychosis creating drug  I’ve ever seen.

Agreed

On 8/17/2019 at 3:30 AM, morrobay said:

I would vote for Philippines president Duterte's treatment method for these whackos.

It happened in Thailand about 15 years ago. The only effect it had was higher prices for yaba, more money for the dealers and producers and a Lot of innocent people murdered in cold blood. I remember one case in Khorat where the police shot a man and his wife in their car because they thougt because of their money they were dealers. It turned out they won the lottery before. Only their small child survived. Can't remember that anybody was punished for that. Is that collateral damage for you?

Here some food for thought:

http://www.humanrights.asia/resources/journals-magazines/article2/special-report-extrajudicial-killings-of-alleged-drug-dealers-in-thailand/a-chronology-of-thailands-war-on-drugs/

And if you seriously look at the situation today in Thailand one have to admit that the war against drugs had been lost.

On 8/19/2019 at 1:14 AM, hanuman2543 said:

It happened in Thailand about 15 years ago. The only effect it had was higher prices for yaba, more money for the dealers and producers and a Lot of innocent people murdered in cold blood. I remember one case in Khorat where the police shot a man and his wife in their car because they thougt because of their money they were dealers. It turned out they won the lottery before. Only their small child survived. Can't remember that anybody was punished for that. Is that collateral damage for you?

Here some food for thought:

http://www.humanrights.asia/resources/journals-magazines/article2/special-report-extrajudicial-killings-of-alleged-drug-dealers-in-thailand/a-chronology-of-thailands-war-on-drugs/

And if you seriously look at the situation today in Thailand one have to admit that the war against drugs had been lost.

War against drugs is not lost 

It is drug user, they are lost 

And in any war in the world in the past to now have always been innocent people that get killed 

Thats why war is a dirty thing but sometimes important 

2 hours ago, Henrik Andersen said:

And in any war in the world in the past to now have always been innocent people that get killed 

Could you elaborate which countries are winning the war against drugs? 

12 minutes ago, hanuman2543 said:

Could you elaborate which countries are winning the war against drugs? 

Portugal, the country decriminalised and use went down along with health care costs, crime and social dislocation

32 minutes ago, RJRS1301 said:

Portugal, the country decriminalised and use went down along with health care costs, crime and social dislocation

You are right but they try another approach. Decriminalization. Prohibition doesn't work but many doesn't seem to understand. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/21/2019 at 9:38 AM, Henrik Andersen said:

Nonesense The war on drugs does more damage than the drugs themselves. People who have a genuine problem with dependency need medical help not criminal actions. Those who are recreational users should just be left alone. Some people need regular medicine. They are dependent but we dont punish them. The war on drugs is a scam supported only by rogues and idiots. In Thailand 60% of prisoners are in for drug offences  often small amounts. Its women and the poor who receive the brunt of the punishment. Anybody who supports such scandalous injustice deserves some time in a Thai prison themselves. That might put a brake on their sanctimony.

Archived