BANGKOK
Gandtee

Eye cataract operations

Recently a poster quoted the cost of an eye cataract operation carried out at Queen Sirikit Hospital. I've tried to find that post to no avail. Anyone remember or know the cost? What is the ball park figure for this operation generally? 

Moved to health forum.

Posted (edited)

Here is a better thread from a bit under 3 years ago.  Note a quote from a post last week was 46,500 for mono and 80,000 for toric at Rutnin.

Edited by lopburi3
  • Like 1

I had one eye done.45 K, best B and L lens. Most top Hospitals are much the same i found enquiring before.Photoimulsificaton or something like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

1 hour ago, Isaanbiker said:

Here's an older one: 

Thanks Biker. I've seen that one. I'm looking for something more recent. I've just had tests a Queen Sirikit and been informed I need cataract operations on both eyes. They told me it would cost approx. Bt50,000 per eye. I can't see my way clear to fork out that sort of money, pun intended. I remember a recent post which quoted something less. There is a sign at the hospital say foreigners will be charged plus 50%. 

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, alan grice said:

I had one eye done.45 K, best B and L lens. Most top Hospitals are much the same i found enquiring before.Photoimulsificaton or something like

Where was that and how long ago.

Edited by Gandtee
Additional words.

Samitivej Hospital Group. 5 years ago , but i see in their magazine it much the same price.Cant tell if 1 nights private rooms still include , Thai languages

1 hour ago, alan grice said:

Samitivej Hospital Group. 5 years ago , but i see in their magazine it much the same price.Cant tell if 1 nights private rooms still include , Thai languages

Normally only one eye done at a time and an outpatient procedure (return next day to remove bandage).

It was my choice. Didn’t want to drive , only 1500 anyway

4 hours ago, alan grice said:

Why does it need a stay in hospital ? My mum had both eyes done a month apart in Ayr. I took her to the out-patients departmentet at 0830 am and collected her again at 1200 on each occasion.

I'm pretty sure Samitivej will be at least 80k per eye. Even St. Louis, a nonprofit, is that much.

For less expensive option in Pattaya area try the Red Cross Hospital in Sri Racha or main govt hospital in Chonburi town .

Sent from my SM-J701F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

And im sure your wrong for what i had anyway.They are opening a new one in Uttaradit soon . I know nothing about any costs in Bkk or Patts. My opp was at Phitsanuvej Hospital in Phitsanulok.Exellent Value

And im sure your wrong for what i had anyway.They are opening a new one in Uttaradit soon . I know nothing about any costs in Bkk or Patts. My opp was at Phitsanuvej Hospital in Phitsanulok.Exellent Value

What you had 5 years ago.

Medical costs have skyrocketed in recent years, nothing in a private hospital now costs what it did 5 years ago.

I have priced this recently.

Sent from my SM-J701F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Well i beg to differ, may be wrong, not being much bothered about costs, but remember glancing through last months magazine , noticed Photo whatever and thinking thats much the same. Anyway i shall need right one doing perhaps in 12 months. I shall retun, that water methods good.!.