Thai Rath poll: Bum guns get the thumbs up from Thais after parliamentary debate

webfact

Thai Rath poll: Bum guns get the thumbs up from Thais after parliamentary debate

8pm.jpg

Thai caption: Necessary - Not Necessary

Thai Rath started an online poll after MPs complained that despite a billion baht spent on a new parliamentary chamber there were no bum guns in the toilets. 

One MP said this was just not Thai culture. Another was upset about having to use toilet paper to wipe his ministerial rear end. 

Thai Rath said in their headline that their online poll indicated that the Thai public believed that bum guns are necessary. Though they cautioned that the full results are not yet in...

House speaker Chuan Leekpai had got the ball rolling by starting a half hour debate into complaints that the new building did not have sufficient emergency lighting, had no signage for emergency exits and had such dim lighting that the MPs were nodding off. 

Then came what Thai Rath called the highlight of the debate......bum guns, or the squirters that are fitted in many toilets that are used to clean Thai rear ends. 

Seri Ruam Thai MP Wirat Warotsirin complained that a billion baht had been spent yet there were no bum guns in the gents. He was embarrassed that he had to use toilet paper to clean himself up. 

Niraman Suleiman of Future Forward said that bum guns were a VERY important feature of toilets in the kingdom and that bum guns were an essential part of Thai culture.

He also complained that the water pressure was different from one bowl to the next, a separate issue. 

Thai Rath jumped on the story and started a poll on Facebook. It was running close but they said in their headline that Thais wanted bum guns. 

Comments online in favor of the guns said that they are great for getting the main stuff off and paper should then be used for drying. 

Just using paper can lead to what some cultures around the world refer to as "cling-ons" or the dreaded "skid marks" on underwear.

Others said they waste water and can make more of a mess in toilets.

Stay tuned for the official results of the poll - if Thaivisa does not start one first.....

Source: Thai Rath

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-08-16

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Tilacme said:

The bum gun is one thing the Thais have got right.  Couldn't do it in UK as mains water is too cold.

the Japanese have heated water bun guns now thats what i call civilised

and for x amount of bht i would expect no less

2 minutes ago, keith101 said:

I haven't seen one service station or shopping centre inc home DIY stores that has them either so what's the big deal just use what's provided and get over it .

with respect   should have gone to SPECSAVERS

21 minutes ago, webfact said:

Comments online in favor of the guns said that they are great for getting the main stuff off and paper should then be used for drying. 

Just using paper can lead to what some cultures around the world refer to as "cling-ons" or the dreaded "skid marks" on underwear

Too much detail .. One is quite capable of imagination .. 

15 minutes ago, Tilacme said:

The bum gun is one thing the Thais have got right.  Couldn't do it in UK as mains water is too cold.

I bought one for my sister in England. She uses it for cleansing the bowl but I put it to great use on my visits especially after a vindaloo from the local Indian. The cold water does wonders for the inherent "ring heat". 

Rooster

5 minutes ago, overherebc said:

With paper it's usually more than a speck that's left behind. ????????.

Dingle berries in cold weather Ahhgggh. dreadfull.

My reply was to kindly depute your claim of the lack of such ass cleansing   implements in the establishments or some of the ones you mentioned

28 minutes ago, Tilacme said:

Spraying shitty water and bacteria all over the place is not a good idea, never used one neither does the mrs, tis a dirty foreign contraption.

3 minutes ago, Orton Rd said:
32 minutes ago, Tilacme said:

3 minutes ago, Orton Rd said:

Spraying shitty water and bacteria all over the place is not a good idea, never used one neither does the mrs, tis a dirty foreign contraption.

Practise makes perfect as the saying goes. IMO 'tis the best way to keep bum, hands and the toilet clean. I could not be without one.

I used to use tissue to clean myself. Now, it’s the bum gun for cleaning, and tissue paper is to confirm that I did a good job cleaning. If I see any color on the tissue paper, it’s back to the gun for me. Repeat until tissue has nothing on it. Love my bum gun. The only thing better than a bum gun is a bidet.

26 minutes ago, overherebc said:

The biggest 'miss' for me when travelling is the bum-gun.

Korea and Japan being the best especially in cold weather. Heated seats and warm water, wonderful. ????????

Fear no more friend: https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/sonny-a-portable-bidet-for-eco-conscious-humans#/

There's also a portable bum gun store at bts siam afaik

42 minutes ago, Lamkyong said:

with respect   should have gone to SPECSAVERS

That's right. 

Bum guns are found in Home Pro, Thai Watsadu and Home Mart bogs 

Also, every PTT gas station I've had to take a dump in has them. 

35 minutes ago, lust said:

I used to use tissue to clean myself. Now, it’s the bum gun for cleaning, and tissue paper is to confirm that I did a good job cleaning. If I see any color on the tissue paper, it’s back to the gun for me. Repeat until tissue has nothing on it. Love my bum gun. The only thing better than a bum gun is a bidet.

TMI

37 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

Practise makes perfect as the saying goes. IMO 'tis the best way to keep bum, hands and the toilet clean. I could not be without one.

Need replaceable nozzles for hygiene purposes

Archived