Thai Rath poll: Bum guns get the thumbs up from Thais after parliamentary debate

webfact

15 minutes ago, geronimo said:

I run a publishing company and this has the potential to be a best seller. Of course, you'd have to go into a bit more detail, and we could always market it as an ebook, with a new chapter coming out every week!

Add a few bum gun experiences, plus a step by step guide (with images) and you have a best seller!

I’m sure it would help improve sales for the bum gun industry. They would be very happy.????. We could all add our own little contributions to the book. 

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Catoni said:

I’m sure it would help improve sales for the bum gun industry. They would be very happy.????. We could all add our own little contributions to the book. 

Looks like we have a very strong movement in the making ........ BGAS

Bum Gun Appreciation Society ......

12 hours ago, wisperone said:

Totally agree. And every time someone touches the sprayer, they are putting their hands in contact with bacteria from all the people who used it before them. Totally disgusting. I always figured the reason they were being used is because they don't want you putting toilet paper into the system along with eliminating the cost of the paper.

On another note, if you have a proper diet, there should be no residue left on toilet paper..not even a spec of brown. A roll of toilet paper will last me months... 2 squares folded, wipe and check, done.

The ancient Romans used a sponge on a stick to clean with at public toilets, rinsing it in an artificial little stream of constantly flowing water that passed in front of the toilets close to their feet. 

Below the toilets themselves was also constantly flowing water carrying everything to their great sewer, the Cloaca Maxima...then out to the Tiber River and ending up in the sea. 

They never knew who the last man or woman to use the sponge on a stick, but they didn’t care. 

2 hours ago, tifino said:

...one hazards to think what they use to wipe their noses!

Ever wonder why some Asians grow one fingernail longer? I first found out from my tuk tuk driver. For digging in his nose to clean his nose. 

This is an interesting topic. I for one give a thumbs up for the humble bum gun. The diversity of views here is interesting. The question I have is where did the idea that created the bum gun originate. Was it a natural progression from using a container of water with the advent of pressurized water becoming available? Or was it instigated from an outside influence? The people here that see bum guns as uncivilized may be trapped in a western (mainly English way of thinking) may miss the fact that the French, some Belgian and Dutch cultures accept the "Bidet" as a civilized method of cleansing. We don't question them do we? So this practice is not peculiar to South East Asia. Is there a link there? The three European nations I mentioned all had colonial interests in South East Asia and many cultural traits still remain since they left the area. Which came first? the Bidet or the Bum Gun? Was there a cultural transfer? In which direction?

As an aside to that, do you have any concern about all the rainforest we cut down just to wipe your bum?

...always thought of the bumgun, as a poor man's Bidet!

- although a Bidet a centruy ago might have been quite a complicated affair? - before (simple  pull/push) buttons were invented)

Different cultures might have had differing views on each;

like Muslim ones would be agast at which hand to use, not knowing who'd used it (bumgun) previously? and whether it was co-opted as a scraper??

4 hours ago, lamyai3 said:

There's no worse culprit in this regard than the ubiquitous shiny toilet paper found in British schools and public toilets. This has to be one of the cruelest inventions in human history.

So it's plaudits aplenty to the bum gun - I'd even choose one of these over a roll of Andrex velvet comfort triple wrapped around a Labrador puppy. 

During WW2 in the UK squares of newspaper hanging on a piece of string sufficed. Early recycling.

download.jpg

1 hour ago, Gandtee said:

During WW2 in the UK squares of newspaper hanging on a piece of string sufficed. Early recycling.

Indeed, I've got a few old books printed on War Economy Standard paper. It was quite pulpy and absorbent, and would have done a much better job than the greaseproof paper of the seventies. 

5 hours ago, Catoni said:

I read a book years ago called “Brown Spots On The Wall”. 

The author’s name was Hoo Flung Poo. 

Perhaps a relative?    55555 ????

I thought that was written by your compadre, Scatoni 

18 hours ago, mrfill said:

It is illegal to have cold water supplied from a tank in the uk. The tank is for hot water.

Since when? 5 houses I lived in, in the UK had cold water feeds to bathrooms and other utilities, from a cold water storage tank in the loft. Obviously water to the kitchen was from the mains.

I also had hot water in a tank and the feed was from the cold water tank.

2 hours ago, lamyai3 said:

I thought that was written by your compadre, Scatoni 

Nope...  never heard of Scatoni. Who is he ? ?

Hoo Flung Poo is a cousin of "brokenbone"s Chinese friend...  

brokenbone posted:

"i consulted my chinese friend Far Flung Poo about it,

she has a lot of experience with them,

she knows im not overly tidy, and dont care much for keeping every bathroom i enter shiny, she advised against me using them"

Yuck - No way I would ever touch one of those bum guns, who knows what has gone on to them before I get to it (looking through this thread shows that plenty don't know how to avoid making a mess with them, and its impossible to police how people use them) 

btw, if you have difficulty wiping your arse clean, try giving up meat eating for a few weeks and you will notice how much easier (and cleaner) things can be.

1 hour ago, ogb said:

Yuck - No way I would ever touch one of those bum guns, who knows what has gone on to them before I get to it (looking through this thread shows that plenty don't know how to avoid making a mess with them, and its impossible to police how people use them) 

btw, if you have difficulty wiping your arse clean, try giving up meat eating for a few weeks and you will notice how much easier (and cleaner) things can be.

I'm not one of the ones mentioned above but I'll die before giving up meat ????

On 8/17/2019 at 8:57 AM, Bundooman said:

you actually aim it at that crinkled brown bit at the centre of your butt cheeks which are usually spread

If you're unhappy with your presentation you could try anal bleaching.

L'Orifice - Because you're worth it. 

22 hours ago, ogb said:

btw, if you have difficulty wiping your <deleted> clean, try giving up meat eating for a few weeks and you will notice how much easier (and cleaner) things can be.

Meh, I'll just install a Kärcher high pressure washer in the throne and munch happily away on delicious BBQ'd murder. Gotta have the priorities straight.

Archived