Jump to content
BANGKOK

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

webfact

Thai Rath poll: Bum guns get the thumbs up from Thais after parliamentary debate

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Tilacme said:

The bum gun is one thing the Thais have got right.  Couldn't do it in UK as mains water is too cold.

Not forgetting the water pressure. You’d end up with more than just s*** on the ceiling.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, lust said:

I used to use tissue to clean myself. Now, it’s the bum gun for cleaning, and tissue paper is to confirm that I did a good job cleaning. If I see any color on the tissue paper, it’s back to the gun for me. Repeat until tissue has nothing on it. Love my bum gun. The only thing better than a bum gun is a bidet.

Don't you get your fingers in there when you spray? Gotta get your fingers in there!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a strange feeling the common "bum gun" was a late addition to Thailand, I think it may have been used first in Islamic countries 

Certainly the French had the Bidet long before Thailand had the bum gun

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

understandable, the people want the politicians to understand that their shit stinks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good to see they are intent on discussing the important issues that are confronting Thailand at the moment; like the economy going down the toilet. 

Can't wait for Uncle Knowall to step into the fray and give his profound opinion on bum guns, parliamentary or otherwise.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, RJRS1301 said:

I have a strange feeling the common "bum gun" was a late addition to Thailand, I think it may have been used first in Islamic countries 

Certainly the French had the Bidet long before Thailand had the bum gun

According to Wikipedia (that font of all knowledge) is was, I quote: 'reputedly invented by a Thai living in the US who adapted a sink sprayer for toilet use'. So there is, is seems, a Thai connection.

 

I first encountered the 'bidet shower' as it's correctly called, whilst working in the middle east and my apartment in Egypt has one built into the toilet. And very good it is too!

 

Oh and here's another factoid from Wiki'

 

'The average American uses 50 pounds of toilet paper each year; every roll is estimated to require 37 gallons of water to produce and an additional 1.6 gallons to flush down the toilet'.

 

I rest my case in favour of the bidet shower, sorry bum gun. 🙂

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

According to Wikipedia (that font of all knowledge) is was, I quote: 'reputedly invented by a Thai living in the US who adapted a sink sprayer for toilet use'. So there is, is seems, a Thai connection.

 

I first encountered the 'bidet shower' as it's correctly called, whilst working in the middle east and my apartment in Egypt has one built into the toilet. And very good it is too!

 

Oh and here's another factoid from Wiki'

 

'The average American uses 50 pounds of toilet paper each year; every roll is estimated to require 37 gallons of water to produce and an additional 1.6 gallons to flush down the toilet'.

 

I rest my case in favour of the bidet shower, sorry bum gun. 🙂

 

I can recall using them in the middle east over 40 years ago, and cannot recall them in Thailand at that time when I toured here.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Tilacme said:

The bum gun is one thing the Thais have got right.  Couldn't do it in UK as mains water is too cold.

Install it anyways. My home is in Canada. You’ll get used to the cold water on your rear. 

      PLUS there are also pre-warmers that can be purchased for the bum gun. After spending months in Thailand and learning how to use it, I ordered one online from China on EBay and installed it easily myself, complete with wall hook to hold it between uses and a valve to control pressure. But there are also other companies online that sell various models and also water pre warmers if you wish.

https://www.amazon.com/handheld-bidet-warm-water/s?k=handheld+bidet+warm+water

   I love the bum gun hand held bidet sprayer. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

According to Wikipedia (that font of all knowledge) is was, I quote: 'reputedly invented by a Thai living in the US who adapted a sink sprayer for toilet use'. So there is, is seems, a Thai connection.

 

I first encountered the 'bidet shower' as it's correctly called, whilst working in the middle east and my apartment in Egypt has one built into the toilet. And very good it is too!

 

Oh and here's another factoid from Wiki'

 

'The average American uses 50 pounds of toilet paper each year; every roll is estimated to require 37 gallons of water to produce and an additional 1.6 gallons to flush down the toilet'.

 

I rest my case in favour of the bidet shower, sorry bum gun. 🙂

 

The hand held bidet sprayer “bum gun” can be found all over southeast and South Asia and lots of other places. It’s catching on in more and more areas. First time I saw a “bum gun” was in China.

    It’s just an up-dated way of cleaning over using a dipper out of a pail of water. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Need the bum gun sure.

 

Last year we stay on Chwaeng Beach Centara Hotel Koh Samui.

 

The hotel nice, is quite expensive, but no Bum gun!!!! We never go back there again because of this reason. Even the all cheap hotel in Thailand have the bumgun. 

 

We ask the staff why not have. They say the farang don’t care, don’t use. Mainly foreign customer. 

 

For me, this so dirty. If my car go in the mud, should I clean it with paper? Do the good job. Not clean it properly sure. 

Why don’t farang use it? I don’t understand. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Before I moved here back in 2010, I had never used the butt sprayer, or a bidet for that matter, and so naturally it was comical and weird. Now I would not like to live life without one. If I were to move home, I'd have one installed immediately 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Moonlover said:

Lovely. Shrinks piles a treat.

No wonder my carpets are threadbare......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, barryofthailand said:

foreigners also like the Bum Guns 

Absolutely. In my travels from my home in Canada having been raised with sit down toilets and just wiping with toilet paper, I quickly learned how to use an Asian squat toilet and handle ladle with water pail and in other places, the “bum gun”. 

    Now I have a sprayer “bum gun” installed in my home in Canada. I’ve gotten funny looks when visitors ask me “What do use that sprayer for by your toilet?” 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Yinn said:

Need the bum gun sure.

 

Last year we stay on Chwaeng Beach Centara Hotel Koh Samui.

 

The hotel nice, is quite expensive, but no Bum gun!!!! We never go back there again because of this reason. Even the all cheap hotel in Thailand have the bumgun. 

 

We ask the staff why not have. They say the farang don’t care, don’t use. Mainly foreign customer. 

 

For me, this so dirty. If my car go in the mud, should I clean it with paper? Do the good job. Not clean it properly sure. 

Why don’t farang use it? I don’t understand. 

Lots of farangs don’t use the “bum gun” because they don’t understand it.        They grew up without it in their home country.

    But there are a lot of us farangs who do like the “bum gun” and use it every time. Because we learned about it and we know how to use it. I hate using only toilet paper. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...